'missing timestamp' and messed up milestones

hi so for the past two months or so ive been playing 'Muramasa Rebirth' and i just earned the plat

well after my profile was updated it shows no platinum completion time for the game

on the game's trophies page itself, everything shows up as 'Missing timestamp'

what's more, the 'Trophy Milestones' section on my profile page is now completely out of order

my first platinum which in fact is the one for 'The Witch and The Hundred Knight: Revival Edition' now shows up as the plat for 'Muramasa Rebirth' when it should in fact be my latest/75th plat

i just checked on the Vita itself and i found that there are no timestamps for any of the trophies on there as well! i am not sure why this is the case

of note is that before i was able to sync the trophy data w/ the server, i had to update the firmware on my Vita (i always keep the thing offline unless im synching trophy data)

is there any way to fix this issue? this is a first for me

9 minutes ago, Smashero said:

Nope, unfortunately nothing can be done :/

Seems that your vita was completely discharged and the internal clock died.

Do you remember when last time it asked you to set up he clock again?

i am not sure if and/or when it my vita was completely discharged at some point and i dont recall having to set up the clock again, no.

the time on my vita shows up just fine and is correct...so im not sure what is the problem with the system not having timestamped the trophies ive earned in the past two months, which, by the way, are all of the trophies for this game

Edited by MeteoraXV

Your clock is fine *now* because you synced with PSN. After your firmware update, you were likely prompted for the time/date and that’s when you should have synced to ensure no missing timestamps. 

There isn’t anything you can do to change those missing timestamps. As said above you can hide the game and that’ll change back all your milestones if that is more of a concern for you than having the trophies on your profile. 

21 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

If you want to fix your milestones, you will have to hide the game

i mean it's not the end of the world for me since i dont really care too much about how nice my profile looks or whatever (though i did plan some of my plat milestones =/) it but i just thought it was strange.

i can't really be bothered to hide games...i t would've been nice for this to be my 75th plat though...i'll think about it

2 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Your clock is fine *now* because you synced with PSN. After your firmware update, you were likely prompted for the time/date and that’s when you should have synced to ensure no missing timestamps. 

There isn’t anything you can do to change those missing timestamps. As said above you can hide the game and that’ll change back all your milestones if that is more of a concern for you than having the trophies on your profile. 

i definitely did NOT have to set the time and date again though after having updated the firmware, im 100% sure about that. the clock has been fine forever

im assuming by 'clock', you mean the time as is show on the upper right of the screen? or is there some hidden clock. i just dont understand why absolutely zero of the trophies have been timestamped even though the clock has been fine all along. must be some technical thing i dont know about

Edited by MeteoraXV

Trophies get timestamped when you connect your devices to the internet. That clock is powered by a small internal clock that's inside pretty much every device. You can run out of battery on your Vita or a phone and cannot use it but the clock is powered by a small battery that can keep the clock up to date for a long while until that's dead too. Say you leave your Vita unattended for 2 months and it's gonna be dead.

The best way to prevent missing timestamps from happening in this situation is to run a sync to PSN after boot up.

51 minutes ago, MeteoraXV said:

i definitely did NOT have to set the time and date again though after having updated the firmware, im 100% sure about that. the clock has been fine forever

im assuming by 'clock', you mean the time as is show on the upper right of the screen? or is there some hidden clock.

Hidden system clock. If you set the clock yourself and never connect to PSN, the Vita is happy to show you whatever time you want. Once you connect to PSN, the Vita then syncs it's internal clock to match the verified PSN date/time.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, totallycrushed said:

Trophies get timestamped when you connect your devices to the internet. That clock is powered by a small internal clock that's inside pretty much every device. You can run out of battery on your Vita or a phone and cannot use it but the clock is powered by a small battery that can keep the clock up to date for a long while until that's dead too. Say you leave your Vita unattended for 2 months and it's gonna be dead.

The best way to prevent missing timestamps from happening in this situation is to run a sync to PSN after boot up.

oh that might explain it then

since i only play on my vita a few times a year, and i always keep it offline unless im synching trophy data, which is only really after ive acquired the platinum for a game, something like that might have happened. really weird though bc what i do sounds like a normal thing and what i expect most vita users to be doing anyway. also ive been doing it this way since i bought my vita years ago and havent had this trophy timestamp issue occur on any other vita game ive played so far. must've done something wrong then

i think this explains it best i guess:

You get "missing timestamps" if you earn trophies without connecting your Vita to the PSN at least once after buying it, or if you haven't used/synced it in a long time and a firmware update was issued (which appears to be your case).

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/6102401-post2.html

4 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Hidden system clock. If you set the clock yourself and never connect to PSN, the Vita is happy to show you whatever time you want. Once you connect to PSN, the Vita then syncs it's internal clock to match the verified PSN date/time.

got it. will go online on my vita then everytime before i start up a new game then

Edited by MeteoraXV
  • Like 1

I still think this should be handled better in this site. Competition sites use existing times from other trophies of the same game for missing timestamps trophies, so milestones and level history does not get messed up which seems like much better solution to me.

Edited by Mikek1107

10 minutes ago, Mikek1107 said:

I still think this should be handled better in this site. Competition sites use existing times from other trophies of the same game for missing timestamps trophies, so milestones and level history does not get messed up which seems like much better solution to me.

In this situation, the entire game was marked as missing timestamps. Wouldn't help this. Usually most games have missing stamps at the beginning of the game. Again, wouldn't help what you propose. If there are missing stamps after trophies have been earned, then it could STILL mess up milestones if there are multiple games being played. The way it is handled now should stay.