The Legend of Heroes: Hajimari no Kiseki announced for PS4

9 minutes ago, AndyKazama said:

Could anyone quote me and provide a canon of the games in order? Just about to start Trails of Cold Steel for PS4

From what I understand, Trails in the Sky happen first.  The Crossbell arc, which we don't have over here, takes place roughly the same time as Cold Steel 1 and 2.  And then 3 and 4 after that.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ilzaki said:

From what I understand, Trails in the Sky happen first.  The Crossbell arc, which we don't have over here, takes place roughly the same time as Cold Steel 1 and 2.  And then 3 and 4 after that.

There are servicable fan translations for both the crossbell games that work decently enough

Though I still want  official PS4 releases of Crossbell and Sky in the west so i can platinum those too

• Like 3

That's great! Sucks that we're so far behind on this series in the west, though. We only just got Cold Steel 3, so who knows how far away Cold Steel 4's localisation is? I saw that Zero no Kiseki and Ao no Kiseki PS4 ports were announced too, so official localisations of them would be welcome. Any chance Falcom can get both XSEED and NISA to work on the series at the same time to speed things up? Or is that a bad idea? :P

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Undead Wolf said:

That's great! Sucks that we're so far behind on this series in the west, though. We only just got Cold Steel 3, so who knows how far away Cold Steel 4's localisation is? I saw that Zero no Kiseki and Ao no Kiseki PS4 ports were announced too, so official localisations of them would be welcome. Any chance Falcom can get both XSEED and NISA to work on the series at the same time to speed things up? Or is that a bad idea? :P

I wouldn't count on xseed ever doing anything new from Falcom, only re-releasing ports of games they already had the rights of. Xseed lost most if not all of the staff that worked on falcom games, they're all freelancers that nisa hired now.

I think that Xseed got on Falcom's bad side after they didn't localize Tokyo Xanadu when it first came out as it was a vita only title and so Falcom decided to shop around for other companies and ended up pairing up with NISA for the most part.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

I wouldn't count on xseed ever doing anything new from Falcom, only re-releasing ports of games they already had the rights of. Xseed lost most if not all of the staff that worked on falcom games, they're all freelancers that nisa hired now.

I think that Xseed got on Falcom's bad side after they didn't localize Tokyo Xanadu when it first came out as it was a vita only title and so Falcom decided to shop around for other companies and ended up pairing up with NISA for the most part.

Ah, I see. I heard some former XSEED staff worked on Cold Steel 3 with NISA, but I didn't know things were quite that bad for XSEED itself. That's a shame. :( I guess Aksys Games are the ones who localised Tokyo Xanadu. Maybe get them to localise Zero no Kiseki and Ao no Kiseki instead while NISA works on Cold Steel 3 and Hajimari no Kiseki. I'm sure there would be problems to come from that, but I think it's too much to handle for one publisher.

2 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Aksys Games are the ones who localised Tokyo Xanadu. Maybe get them to localise Zero no Kiseki and Ao no Kiseki instead

please, no.

The amount of testicle jokes in Xanadu is sick. I'm not talking about 3 or 4, but the whole game.

12 minutes ago, Katt said:

please, no.

The amount of testicle jokes in Xanadu is sick. I'm not talking about 3 or 4, but the whole game.

True. :P Although from my understanding, NISA haven't got the greatest reputation when it comes to localisation changes like that either, but they seemed to do a fine job with CS3. I guess we have the former XSEED staff to thank for that.

Oh gosh, was I *highly gladdened* by this announcement. Doubly so should localization guarantee! :D

Approaching Suikoden levels of recruitables, gotta headpat 'em all~ Beyond Chrono Cross, already. I doooo hope Falcom can justly deliver worthy screentime for most/all of them, my chief ponderance. They are apparently serious about bridging the gap and tidying as many plot threads as feasible before Calvard takes center stage, and I totally commend that.

• Like 2

It's worth noting NISA has announced they'll be revealing new projects at their PAX South panel, which is due on 17 January 2020. Maybe it'll be too soon for any new Trails/Kiseki localisations, but I'm hopeful this might at least mean we'll get Ys IX: Monstrum Nox to tide us over in terms of Falcom loveliness!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Serethyn said:

It's worth noting NISA has announced they'll be revealing new projects at their PAX South panel, which is due on 17 January 2020. Maybe it'll be too soon for any new Trails/Kiseki localisations, but I'm hopeful this might at least mean we'll get Ys IX: Monstrum Nox to tide us over in terms of Falcom loveliness!

Oh gosh, @Serethyn, right, the 17th of January....

*ahem* NISA, chaps, you -know- the Falcom-centric localization announcements that would positively delight me on my birthday~ <3

iurhmwa4hbi01.png

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Undead Wolf said:

True. :P Although from my understanding, NISA haven't got the greatest reputation when it comes to localisation changes like that either, but they seemed to do a fine job with CS3. I guess we have the former XSEED staff to thank for that.

NISA for the most part did a pretty good job on CS3, there were some grammar issues and misspellings but those aren’t too big of a deal given the size of the script

there is one thing wrong they did wrong though and it’s kind of hilarious, in one of the scenes Linde talks about a doctor named Cecil at Ursala medical college, she refers to Cecil as a him. Cecil is actually a girl and has some of the biggest jugs in the series. It’s not something anyone who hasn’t played Crossbell would notice but I found it hilarious 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

They caught a LOT of flak from Ys VIII.  Prolly didn't want to go through that again and made CS3 good the first time.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DEI2EK said:

I'd say it's possible that Falcom got ticked with XSEED. Not just Tokyo Xanadu, but maybe also a couple others. Nayuta no Kiseki (PSP) got passed up by XSEED as well. Sure, the PSP was being phased out for Vita. Even then that's still a poor excuse, since a digital-only release would've been playable on Vita. Same goes for Sky 3rd.

NISA should consider hiring these former XSEED staff permanently. I'd want them around not just for Cold Steel IV, but also for other Falcom titles yet to come.

• Like 1

Kiseki series is now 60% completed. Hajimari, which starts the latter half, is not all a "gaiden" but rather 70-80% main game with the rest being 3rd-like with spontaneous switching between protagonists. Also, the sequel is already in production. I'm guessing that may be the first game of the Calvard arc, remembering that there was supposed to be one smaller game (Hajimari) and one larger one.

• Like 2

https://gematsu.com/2019/12/falcom-developing-proprietary-game-engine

Falcom is now making a new proprietary engine, but it's still some time away. This has me thinking that the next Kiseki may well be Hajimari 2 with PhyreEngine (makes sense, I don't see Falcom switching the engine during an arc), and Calvard arc will first appear on PS5 using the new one.

• Like 1

There will not be a Hajimari 2. It's going to be wrapped up with one game.

It will feature some memory-like episodes like those Star and Moon Doors in The 3rd. Magical Alisa's mini-game is a full-fledged shmup. The main story is about 70-80% the size of Sen IV's, and is planned to lead into the next game (Calvard?) while connecting future and previous arcs. With the episodes it may well be comparable to Sen IV's length.