Polls Open: PlayStation.Blog Game of the Decade

TrophyChief

Quite a tough choice to make... I just somehow realized how many awesome games have been released lately, it’s been a great treat for players ?

With no order of priority, would go for:

- God of War (2018) : probably one of my GOAT games, technically amazing with great gameplay and a compelling story. As close to perfect as you can get...

- The Witcher III Wild Hunt : actually just finished it after spending countless hours doing side quests, exploring the world, fighting monsters and looting great stuff. One the greatest RPG I have laid my hands on.

- Journey : this one comes from the heart, beyond rational argument or facts. Just a extremely intense experience I strongly recommend to anyone who enjoys games like no other. 

At first I was surprised to see almost no Uncharted mentions, but ultimately even the fourth one, though a great game closing wonderfully Nate’s journey, lacks this little thing to get room in a top 3. Would surely see quite more occurrences in a top 10...

Edited by Neef-GT5

Quite difficult but eventually came around to this:

• Witcher 3 the best RPG ever made. The story really shines and the Blood and Wine DLC is better than the majority of the games produced these days. 
  • Bloodborne. Taking up the Souls formula up a notch. More focus on aggressive combat and the atmosphere is just perfection.
  • Batman Arkam City. Improving on Asylum on every aspect. A better city to explore, a great story with great villains. My favourite superhero video game.

Honorable mentions: Monster Hunter World, Borderlands 2,  Dark Souls, Rayman Legends and RE2. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Property_Damage said:

The answers easy, its Minecraft

its the #2 selling game globally of all time on Every platform, the #1 game is Tetris but that games well over 20+ years old

and after 10 years of the initial release of Minecraft, its still being updated today

So most popular = best? If we used that logic for everything then the world would be a very boring place.

My own choices were:

- Red Dead Redemption II

- The Last of Us

- Rocket League

RDR2 took what was already a masterpiece in the original game and expanded on it positively in every conceivable way. It introduced new characters, all of whom were written excellently. Arthur was an amazing character, even more so than John was in the original game. The soundtrack, the visuals, the story, the voice acting, everything was amazing. The slow burn pace kept me hanging on till the very end. I love slow burn, atmospheric stories. As usual, we also got the peerless Rockstar design and quality. A game this huge with no noticeable bugs or glitches is an achievement in its own right. I enjoyed every single second I spent with this game and I can't wait to go back for even more when I revisit it to mop up the remaining trophies.

The Last of Us is my tied favourite game ever. There isn't a single aspect I didn't immediately fall in love with. Some of the best written characters you'll ever find in a game, married to one of the best narratives is a recipe for greatness. The Left Behind DLC also stands as some of the best story DLC ever. The characters, voice acting, visuals, narrative, gameplay..  this game had it all. In my eyes, the perfect game.

Rocket League is an amazingly fun and addictive game. Easy to learn, hard to Master. It's the ultimate 'just one more' type of game, where 5 hours later at 3am you'll still be playing ? I have 1,500+ hours sunk into this and I'm still not bored. It's the only game I still consistently play, long after finishing and platting it. To think that if I didn't get this on PS Plus then I may have never tried it out.. thanks Sony! 

I will say that the list is extremely difficult to pick from. There's probably 10+ games on there that could all be a pick for game of the decade. Equally there are some on there that imo probably don't deserve to be but it obviously comes down to personal preference at the end of the day, so in that regard it's probably better to have more to choose from than not enough options. My own list could have easily included RDR or any of the Uncharted games, among some others. I decided to limit my votes to 1 game per series and as such I went with the better of the two RDR games. Really tough choice all the same, and it really shows what a great decade it has been in gaming despite the latter part of the decade getting some (deserved) bad rep due to certain industry practices. Hopefully the next decade and the new gen will be just as great ?

Edited by The Alchemist
Grammar

16 minutes ago, The Alchemist said:

So most popular = best?

See, youre getting it!

Wether you play it or not, love it or hate it

its a global phenomenon, from marketing and merchandising, the game has made billions, influenced pop culture and it gives every user full creative freedom to do whatever they want

its an industry titan

it needs no further explanation and its not even my main thing i like to play but i know where credit is due

God damn that was very difficult lol. So many fantastic games have come out this decade but ultimately I went with

Uncharted 3

Red Dead Redemption 2 

Tales From The Borderlands 

But just for fun I'm gonna list every other game this decade I really enjoyed 

Mass Effect 2

Red Dead Redemption 

Heavy Rain 

Ratchet & Clank: A Crack In Time

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood 

Little Big Planet 2

Infamous 2

Resistance 3