PlayStation 4: Video recording and Streaming features are Standard

HeySumbode

Via dualshockers.com

After we learned that Xbox Live Gold will be necessary to record and stream video of games on the upcoming Xbox One, many wondered if Sony Computer Entertainment would pull the same stunt with the similar feature on the PS4.

Since Shuhei Yoshida is well known for running an alternative “customer service” on Twitter, by his own admission, many took to the social networking site to ask him the burning question, quite a few times. Luckily the answer is no. Yoshida-san confirmed that the recording and streaming feature will be accessible to everyone, regardless of their PlayStation Plus subscription status.

k8jtDwr.png

pqWbXni.png

-Image Links to the Tweet-

Edited by HeySumbode
  • Like 1

This is a feature I am actually pretty excited about. I've been wanting to start uploading gameplay but I didn't want to buy expensive capture cards and set it all up, so this could be exactly what I need. I wonder if there is a way to transfer the file to a PC and record a commentary over it?

Parker

• Like 2

This is a feature I am actually pretty excited about. I've been wanting to start uploading gameplay but I didn't want to buy expensive capture cards and set it all up, so this could be exactly what I need. I wonder if there is a way to transfer the file to a PC and record a commentary over it?

Parker

I'm very much interested in this too, might have to be something that comes late down the line