Impossible?

Talic007

Doing some reading people legit flagged this trophy as impossible tell someone else gets it and unobtainable. 

so my question is I’m down for a challenge but I like to prepare myself ahead of time how bad is this trophy?

im thinking we are talentless in NA and letting fellow EU look better than us ?

I'd say it's an 7-8/10 or so with Necrodancer being a 10/10. It might seem impossible at first once you get past the first 5 levels/50 kills but it's far from it. It just takes practice.
If I can do it most people should be able to. The Gold Knights are a bit tricky, especially when you go up against 6 or 8 of them in a row on a single level. They hit really fast towards the end of the run. You definitely need a bit of luck in getting the right enemies. It's also quite buggy and sometimes certain enemies skip frames and you get hit even if you don't deserve to. In the end I knew the game so well I found it more frustrating than hard as I had a lot of runs where I died with 90-106 kills, often due to bugs. It's one of those games that occasionally makes you want to throw your controller into the wall.

I love the game though. It has that old school Amiga vibe.

Edited by JxhanF

3 hours ago, Kooky_Spooky_ said:

This is my best attempt, but 107 kill it's really crazy, GG @JxhanF for incredible goals.

I found that once you learn how to deal with the enemies you can eventually beat them with almost 100% success (except for the glitchy ones - the soldier with sword and shield comes to mind). Looking at the video - nice work but you need to block more and roll less :). For the black knight you can easily block every swing he makes and have time to hit him in-between. 

I played this on Steam years ago before I even had a PS4, here's gif from then of the relentless Gold Knight. They are the main obstacle on the road to 107 kills:

1463398900-A-Bastards-Tale-Last-Boss-NGp

Edited by JxhanF
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I remember trying this back in the day and it just didn’t seem worth to put in the time into what I thought was essentially a cheap game I didn’t want to get frustrated in. Looking down the road now I can see how rare this trophy is, it confirmed its bullshitness. Wouldn’t mind returning to the game and actually beating it though lol.