Oblivion Walker trophy glitched?

manyuhesp

I've read that and that's why I've reinstalled with a regular skyrim disc, In fact I don't think I'll even update the disc and leave it as Skyrim 1.00 until I get this trophy. The only other trophy for me is 100,000 gold. After those 2 I'll update and then install the DLC.

Hearthfire makes the 100k trophy easy, because you can just grow alchemy ingredients at one of your DLC homesteads.

• 4 weeks later...

Actually, when you install dawnguard it deflaggs the Masque of Clavicus Vile from counting for the daedric artifact trophies forceing you to get both the ring of hircune and the savior's hide to get the oblivion walker trophy.

i wish i had read this before i started working on the oblivion walker trophy, i got the ring of hircine first and didnt attempt to go for the hide, which i would have done if i had known vile's masque didnt count.  i just got my 15th artifact and no trophy :(

• 1 year later...

I had trouble with this trophy too I got all 15( i chose hircine's ring in that quest), didn't pop, i double checked and i did have 15 items, i then went and killed the werewolf for Saviors hide, luckily he was still in the cave(glitched cuz he was standing still), trophy popped right when hircine showed up in human form and gave me the saviors hide, so idk if that was it but i had 16 items for it

• 5 months later...

Looks like i have to start again i was told tbat you dont have to be in possession and that the ring of hircine amd Saviours hide counts together and cuz i missed out on the skull of corruption ages ago like 12 Deadric quests ago for me now i just done them all i dont have trophy soo im screwed 

On 14/06/2017 at 1:46 AM, duggernator17 said:

Looks like i have to start again i was told tbat you dont have to be in possession and that the ring of hircine amd Saviours hide counts together and cuz i missed out on the skull of corruption ages ago like 12 Deadric quests ago for me now i just done them all i dont have trophy soo im screwed 

You don't have to be in possession, you can get rid of them anytime after you get them. The Ring of Hircine and Saviours Hide count separate, meaning you only need to do 14 quests (including that one) to get the trophy. But you must also choose the ending that gives the artifact, as three quests can be ended successfully without an artifact. The other two besides Waking Nightmare are Pieces of the Past and A Daedra's Best Friend. Check to see if you got those artifacts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I had to start a new game for this trophy too but not because of the "Ill Met by Moonlight" quest. The quest giver for "The Whispering Door", Hulda had died at some point so the trophy become unachievable. I'm not sure what killed her as she usually stays put at or around the Bannered Mare in Whiterun. Maybe she got involved with the thief random event that occurs sometimes after you've joined the Thieves Guild because I don't recall a dragon attack happening at Whiterun and I didn't have Dawnguard installed at the time so there was no chance of a vampire attack. 

Regardless that's something else to watch out for. I got the trophy after starting a new game focusing only on the Daedric quests. I completed the Whispering Door as soon as the requirements were met (Level 20 and the quest "Dragon Rising" completed) and left "Ill Met by Moonlight" for last so I could reload in case the trophy didn't pop. If anyone does need to start over don't be too disheartened, it doesn't take long to do everything again. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FarSideOfSaturn said:

I had to start a new game for this trophy too but not because of the "Ill Met by Moonlight" quest. The quest giver for "The Whispering Door", Hulda had died at some point so the trophy become unachievable. I'm not sure what killed her as she usually stays put at or around the Bannered Mare in Whiterun. Maybe she got involved with the thief random event that occurs sometimes after you've joined the Thieves Guild because I don't recall a dragon attack happening at Whiterun and I didn't have Dawnguard installed at the time so there was no chance of a vampire attack. 

Regardless that's something else to watch out for. I got the trophy after starting a new game focusing only on the Daedric quests. I completed the Whispering Door as soon as the requirements were met (Level 20 and the quest "Dragon Rising" completed) and left "Ill Met by Moonlight" for last so I could reload in case the trophy didn't pop. If anyone does need to start over don't be too disheartened, it doesn't take long to do everything again. 

How long did a 'from-scratch'playthrough take you? (This is the only trophy i missed, and it really took the wind out my sails, but i really should get it done at some point...)

3 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

How long did a 'from-scratch'playthrough take you? (This is the only trophy i missed, and it really took the wind out my sails, but i really should get it done at some point...)

Around 16 hours over the course of three days but I felt I took my time so I don't see why it couldn't be done much faster if you put it on the easiest difficulty and tank your way to it. The biggest problem in the beginning in terms of getting it over with quickly is the lack of fast travel aside from carriages. Luckily there isn't much that's really out the way so it's not too time consuming to sprint somewhere if you get a carriage to the nearest city. 

The only other problem I ran into other than the lack of early game fast travel was during the quest "Black Star". If you do go for a warrior type character the end of that quest can be extremely difficult (playing on normal difficulty) but nothing picking up every health potion you see during the game can't solve. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ee28max said:

To save time when starting a new game, I could suggest you use the Oghma Infinium glitch, after the quest "Discerning The Transmundane"

He's playing the PS4 edition and it was patched during development unfortunately. It should still work on PS3 for everyone else though provided patch 1.9 hasn't been downloaded. There seems to be a lot of confusion as to whether it still works after patch 1.9 on PS3 so I can't find a straight answer anywhere. Could always try it out and see I guess, I never tried to use the glitch myself but it doesn't seem like it would take long to see if it works unless someone can definitely confirm either way. 

• Like 1

I might be totally wrong, but I'm just speculating here. Is this necessarily a glitch? I know you guys used a glitch on PS3 to get an extra artifact, but I think the real problem here is that not all the artifacts count towards the trophy. I'm thinking about the two cases where you can pick. I tried to google a bit, and some say The Black Star might not count as a Daedric Artifact, only Azura's Star.

Omg, now I'm reminded of a certain character in Oblivion who talks about the Azura. If I didn't know better, I'd think it was an easter egg.

Edited by MMDE

1 hour ago, MMDE said:

I might be totally wrong, but I'm just speculating here. Is this necessarily a glitch? I know you guys used a glitch on PS3 to get an extra artifact, but I think the real problem here is that not all the artifacts count towards the trophy. I'm thinking about the two cases where you can pick. I tried to google a bit, and some say The Black Star might not count as a Daedric Artifact, only Azura's Star.

I'm 100% certain the Black Star does count toward the trophy but you're definitely onto something. One possibly is players have murdered the dog at the end of "A Daedra's Best Friend" thinking the Rueful Axe given as a reward counts towards the trophy. Forgetting to pick up Volendrung from the altar at the end of "The Cursed Tribe" seems to negate the trophy too. Thinking about it I nearly walked away without Volendrung myself. 

It also says in the PSNProfiles guide installing Dawnguard prevents The Mask of Clavicus Vile from counting toward the trophy, but it's still achievable by getting both artifacts from "Ill Met by Moonlight". All I can say is I followed the guide here to the letter and had no problems. As I said I saved "Ill Met by Moonlight" for last and didn't need the second artifact, the trophy popped the second I laid hands on Savior's Hide (I killed Sinding) Hulda dying on me on a previous playthrough and preventing "The Whsipering Door" from being started was just misfortune rather than a glitch. I should also mention I didn't have Dawnguard installed at the time. 

Now you've mentioned it and after thinking about it does seem likely that the "glitch" could be down to player fault given how missable a couple of the artifacts are. Good thinking. 

I'm now at 14/15 artifacts (got both Savior's Hide and Hircine's Ring). I just need the Mask of Clavicus Vile and the Ebony Mail from Boethiah. I also have The Black Star instead of Azura's Star and I have Dawnguard installed. I'm now going to do the Mask of Clavicus Vile to see if there really is a glitch.

Boethiah's quest is on hold for unknown time. I've told my follower (Cicero) to wait somewhere, but I forgot where he is and I can't find him. And since I need to sacrifice a follower I can't really proceed with the quest. ?

Edit: I've gotten the Mask of Clavicus Vile (with every DLC installed) and Oblivion Walker popped, so the mask is NOT glitched (anymore?). :) 

Edited by Cellcrash1991