List of Censored Games | PS5 | PS4 | Vita |

Undead Wolf

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Eraezr said:

Did I imagine that or was Sony supposedly blocking these 'Sakura' games from being published with additional titles on PlayStation? Yet this one is coming.

I know Nintendo US is getting arsey about the games from this publisher but Sony is still allowing censored versions on the PS Store.

8 hours ago, Eraezr said:

Did I imagine that or was Sony supposedly blocking these 'Sakura' games from being published with additional titles on PlayStation? Yet this one is coming.

Yeah, Sony blocked the PlayStation releases of Sakura Santa, Sakura Angels, and Sakura Spirit, so those are only on Switch and PC. We've gotten other Sakura games on PlayStation since then, but they've had additional PlayStation-specific censorship when compared to the Switch version. I just checked the page for Sakura MMO 3 and it's the same deal with that one too.

I9Ms88G.png

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Sony blocked the PlayStation releases of Sakura Spirit, Sakura Angels, and Sakura Spirit

Which one is the third Sakura game? Please. 

Also, yeah just play these for the plats if you'd like. The superior versions are on PC uncensored or with 18+ patches. If they are translated at least to english though. The reasons to learn japanese keep pilling up for me either way.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Yeah, Sony blocked the PlayStation releases of Sakura Spirit, Sakura Angels, and Sakura Spirit, so those are only on Switch and PC. We've gotten other Sakura games on PlayStation since then, but they've had additional PlayStation-specific censorship when compared to the Switch version. I just checked the page for Sakura MMO 3 and it's the same deal with that one too.

I9Ms88G.png

Crap, I forgot all about those (insert facepalm here).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tony_snake_24 said:

Which one is the third Sakura game? Please. 

Also, yeah just play these for the plats if you'd like. The superior versions are on PC uncensored or with 18+ patches. If they are translated at least to english though. The reasons to learn japanese keep pilling up for me either way.

Yeah, I realized I typed Sakura Spirit twice after I made my post. ? But the third one is Sakura Santa. 

And that's true. Once these games started getting PlayStation-specific censorship, I stopped buying them. The last game from Gamuzumi I bought on PlayStation was Would you like to run an idol café?. I don't think I'll bother with the rest when you can get a superior version of them on both Switch and PC.

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

The Callisto Protocol has just been banned in Japan because it's too violent for a Z Rating. Also, the devs have refused to censor it for a lower rating: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/news/news-38255-the-callisto-protocol-banned-in-japan-as-it-fails-to-obtain-cero-rating-without-cuts-to-violent-content.html

I saw this coming a mile away. There hasnt been a Mortal Kombat game being released in Japan in over 20 years due to violence. Seeing how violent the trailers were, this was going to be revealed sooner or later. It just makes me wonder, why bother having a CERO Z 18+ Adults only rating in your video game rating system if you're going to either censor or ban the game? Resident Evil has been censored there despite having a Z version. It just makes no sense.

I respect the devs for not giving into censorship

Edited by The Titan
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

The Callisto Protocol has just been banned in Japan because it's too violent for a Z Rating. Also, the devs have refused to censor it for a lower rating: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/news/news-38255-the-callisto-protocol-banned-in-japan-as-it-fails-to-obtain-cero-rating-without-cuts-to-violent-content.html

so I’m guessing it goes the Japanese like that crazy anime THICC but don’t like Ultra-Violence. And it’s vice versa for the U.S. that they like Ultra-Violence like MK but don’t like voluptuous anime girls!?

• Like 3