List of Censored Games | PS5 | PS4 | Vita |

Undead Wolf

5 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

So Nintendo only have a problem with nudity in games sold on the eShop? It's interesting that they treat physical copies differently like that. Physical game enjoyers eating good lol.

Thanks, I've added that.

It's lame, but I at least appreciate that PQube were upfront about it, even going so far as giving us comparisons. I'm glad that the Switch version wasn't toned down as well just to avoid this kind of situation like a lot of devs seem to do these days.

kOnuXfS.jpg

The PC version has nudity which Nintendo has more recently stopped allowing in games (at least the ones sold on the eShop). Not sure what the exact differences with this game specifically is, but my assumption would be that the Switch version has skimpier clothing compared to the PlayStation version.

Weird, because Lust for darkness is uncensored on switch in the EU

19 hours ago, SeniorRicketts said:

Weird, because Lust for darkness is uncensored on switch in the EU

But that came out a few years ago, right? Because Nintendo only started objecting to nudity in games released on the eShop towards the end of 2022. I guess they didn't start removing games with nudity which already came out, but they stopped allowing it in newer titles. Here's a Twitter thread about it.

• Like 2

On 9.3.2023 at 9:54 PM, Undead Wolf said:

But that came out a few years ago, right? Because Nintendo only started objecting to nudity in games released on the eShop towards the end of 2022. I guess they didn't start removing games with nudity which already came out, but they stopped allowing it in newer titles. Here's a Twitter thread about it.

True 

I think they just can't remove games which were already approved to be on the store, it's a legal thing

It started just recently, they're inconsistent like sony but still allow more

• Like 3

On 14.3.2023 at 5:49 PM, Dark_Overlord said:

Postal 4 has had the suicide button removed (They were asked to, not forced).  Very minor censorship all things considered :)

Source?

Possible censorship in Destroy all humans 1st remaster 

The final boss had some suggestive lines while fighting as well as additional ones when using the anal probe

In the remaster the boss is completely mute during the whole fight no matter what you do

58 minutes ago, SeniorRicketts said:

Possible censorship in Destroy all humans 1st remaster 

The final boss had some suggestive lines while fighting as well as additional ones when using the anal probe

In the remaster the boss is completely mute during the whole fight no matter what you do

Are you talking about the remake or the remaster? I played the PS4 version that was a remaster of the PS2 game and I remember it being the exact same as the PS2 game. I have not completed the Remake as of yet though, too bad they did not leave the codes in the game, oh well.

20230315-184205.jpg

Edited by Void
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Void said:

Are you talking about the remake or the remaster? I played the PS4 version that was a remaster of the PS2 game and I remember it being the exact same as the PS2 game. I have not completed the Remake as of yet though, too bad they did not leave the codes in the game, oh well.

20230315-184205.jpg

Oh

I'm talking about the "remake" 

I know the word remaster sounds negative for many ppl these days but i think Blackforest did a great job modernizing both games minus some small details that were left out f.e. the elevator music AFK idle screen and 

For me remake means developed like a new game f.e.

Final fantasy 7

Resident evil 1 2 3 4

Goldeneye reloaded

There are not many games i would consider a remake

But i'm sure ppl would wanna debate this and make good points

Im sure the ps2 classics on ps3/4 are all unchanged from their OG release 

12 hours ago, Dark_Overlord said:

I asked RWS :)

When i googled Postal 4 suicide button, wikia only mentioned 1 and 2 having a suicide prompt

Weird

7 hours ago, SeniorRicketts said:

For me remake means developed like a new game f.e.

Final fantasy 7

Resident evil 1 2 3 4

Goldeneye reloaded

RE2, RE3 and FF7R are Re-Imaginings. Remaster is not a negative word in any way it is just being used incorrectly as it is just an enhanced port. I do not know anything about GoldenEye Reloaded so I cannot comment on that one. Resident Evil 1 and Dead Space would be examples of remakes. Resident Evil 4 is up in the air as they way it is being described is a RE-Imagining but the demo seems more like a remake.

Did not mean to derail the topic. 

Back on topic I was reading that Blue Protocol is being censored, since it is amazon I would not be surprised. Not sure if this was previously mentioned.

Here is another one I saw

Edited by Void
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

In RE4 remake, they removed the female corpse and the "Guess there's no sex discrimination here" line of dialogue when you examine it.

dmLcEhR.png

Also, in the scene where Ashley and Luis first meet, he no longer refers to her "ballistics".

more censorship, why am I not surprised. Unless I get a used copy of this one like I did with Re-Imagined 2/3 then I will pass this on this one.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, INVESTIGATOR said:

RE4 changes related to Ashley and other things could've been way worse, like for example what they did in Dead Space to Nicole and the rest of the details

Yeah, I suppose I'll take Ashley being a stronk independent woman over them aging her up like 30+ years like they did with Nicole. ?

• Like 1

On 3/17/2023 at 6:10 PM, Void said:

more censorship, why am I not surprised. Unless I get a used copy of this one like I did with Re-Imagined 2/3 then I will pass this on this one.

Im passing this one for more reasons but that one for sure is a good reason already lol

I also don't like the western style of many characters in this one, Leon and Ashley are ok though, Reason i only went till RE3.

RE4,5,6 not for me

AAde6oAAEOs-.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nelson_ said:

Im passing this one for more reasons but that one for sure is a good reason already lol

I also don't like the western style of many characters in this one, Leon and Ashley are ok though, Reason i only went till RE3.

RE4,5,6 not for me

AAde6oAAEOs-.jpg

I do not blame you in the least, graphically it looks good but a pretty coat of paint does not mean it is good on the inside.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SeniorRicketts said:

Lol

You do know it's a full remake like FF7?

yes it is a remake though i hear it might be a Re-Imagining and not a remake just like Re-Imagined 2/3. Just because you give it new graphics does not mean it is a good game though. FF7 was a sequel and not a remake though it could also be labeled as a re-imagining as well. 

• Like 2

If Nintendo is also on the censor girly anime stuff bargain like Sony, then there is nothing we can do as of not buying the games on said platforms. Just on Steam. Xbox is not much talked about because these publishers don't usually go for an Xbox release. But it would be the same, has they have the same policies. 

But some games still get some sort pass with some mature content, jiggle physics and such. Wo Long is such example, you can make the girl character have HUGE boob size and go around jumping and they jiggle like crazy! But yeah... Since we also have those feminists of Kotaku/Reset Era and stuff, this will continue on for quite while... And now the devs don't even try much. They want to sell the game they already put the game for testing on platforms already "censored" by default, and having a patch for steam like it's a nude mod. 

2 minutes ago, Danyy___85 said:

If Nintendo is also on the censor girly anime stuff bargain like Sony, then there is nothing we can do as of not buying the games on said platforms. Just on Steam. Xbox is not much talked about because these publishers don't usually go for an Xbox release. But it would be the same, has they have the same policies. 

But some games still get some sort pass with some mature content, jiggle physics and such. Wo Long is such example, you can make the girl character have HUGE boob size and go around jumping and they jiggle like crazy! But yeah... Since we also have those feminists of Kotaku/Reset Era and stuff, this will continue on for quite while... And now the devs don't even try much. They want to sell the game they already put the game for testing on platforms already "censored" by default, and having a patch for steam like it's a nude mod. 

It is a little older but Nioh 2 you could do that as well, the racks could be insanely huge.

1 minute ago, Void said:

It is a little older but Nioh 2 you could do that as well, the racks could be insanely huge. 

They are the same Dev, so i can imagine. But after playing Wo long, will try out Nioh 2. The first one didn't inspire me much, but the second i already tried it and actually feel like it's kind of the same, but diferent mechanics, and not so much parrying as Wo Long. Also get the feel Wo long is easier. 

3 minutes ago, Danyy___85 said:

They are the same Dev, so i can imagine. But after playing Wo long, will try out Nioh 2. The first one didn't inspire me much, but the second i already tried it and actually feel like it's kind of the same, but diferent mechanics, and not so much parrying as Wo Long. Also get the feel Wo long is easier. 

i did not realize that Wo Long was the same developer. Nioh 2 is more of the same but it is refined from Nioh 1.