FM on ranked?

jim_guitariste

9 minutes ago, Paid-In-Full- said:

Bought it because it was on sale and kind of been wanting it for awhile but let me say what a hassle i've won 10 online and have 3640 fm :/

And you have that because you probably completed one of the weekly missions and leveled up your char one or two times, because from the fights alone you only got 500 FM (600 if you have the sponsor activated)

21 hours ago, DeepEyes7 said:

And you have that because you probably completed one of the weekly missions and leveled up your char one or two times, because from the fights alone you only got 500 FM (600 if you have the sponsor activated)

well thanks for that i was just saying that the money system is garbage...

On 3/1/2020 at 4:28 PM, jim_guitariste said:

Hi!

I saw on internet that with the champion edition it’s still possible to get FM playing online.

So i have tried ranked fights and public lobbies, win or lose : 0 FM.

But on youtube, i saw a guy playing online and winning FM (video posted 1 week ago)

Any ideas?

You have to be online to be able to play this game online and you can only earn fight money while connected online. You can earn fight money regardless of whatever edition as long as you are online and you'll have to update the game anyways if you still have and older version of the game for whatever reason. Winning rank and/or casual games give you 50 fight money. You get about 10 fight money with the game ads turned on. Battle lounges don't give fight money unless it's one of the weekly missions that you can complete in battle lounge like 10 wins. Doesn't matter if its youtube or not. Just winning online in ranked and/or casual do give you money. It's not a lot so you got to do more and other activities if you are trying to get the priceless trophy.

Also for each time your character levels up they get 1000 fight money.

On 3/2/2020 at 0:43 PM, Copanele said:

Ah ok! Many thanks :) was abit worried since I spend alot on survival mode now xD 

If you died a lot in survival an easy way to avoid this is not die. Know some of your characters bnb combos especially know how to cross up the CPU with basic combos. Knock down and repeat. Using items when needed will really help out too. You can turn on rank/casual games to reset if you are about to die on a hard run through completing survival mode. It's better than spending 600 fight money each time and it adds up real fast.

Edited by nooitzben
grammar
  • Like 1

Yep, levelling up the characters now is the only way to earn hard cash. Apparently you can complete Survival mode only once with a character (doing Hard mode with Rashid a second time didn't give me anything anymore), guess I have to clean it up with other characters. Demonstration mode + Trials are also giving lots of exp and implicit cash. Of course, IF you have all the characters. Grinding for cash in Ranked is a massive pain.

If there's another method please do let me know as well though!

5 hours ago, nooitzben said:

If you died a lot in survival an easy way to avoid this is not die.

Sorry, this one made me laugh xDxD yeah obviously, avoiding to die is the secret to not dying. Jokes aside, yes you are right, I learned how the Survival mode works, with basic BnB combos, crossups and how to use the items. So far I finished all modes with Rashid and up to hard mode with Zangief. What I noticed is that the CPU cannot handle charged attacks or attacks that are across the screen. So I believe characters like Balrog, Urien or Gill will work very well here. Being close and personal with the CPU doesn't really seem like a good idea, it has the bad habit of just juggle you. Grappling characters work wonders as well.

It's actually  800 FM to use a retry, but I didn't know you can turn on the rank/casual games(or rather didn't think of it). That will come in handy for sure, since it also somehow " resets" the behaviour of the AI(at least if I die once the AI resets) and it forgets to read your inputs.