Site/Leaderboard suggestions

Bliss

1. Not in favor of.

2. Would def like to see this, if Sly can get a formula he likes. >.<

3. More members would be good.

4. Would be pretty hard to enforce. While idealistically it would be nice, realistically it is impossible.

5. Think the flag system is fine as is.

52 minutes ago, charxsetsuna said:

This could result in two ps3 games having trophies pop at the same/similar time and its completely legit.

While legit, normalizing play styles for everyone can be useful. Furthermore, this should be enforced for people saying they were playing the *same* game on two different consoles, doing things that would not be possible on one.

Ive seen disputes where people have impossible times because a group of people are doing a different trophy all at the same time for insanely fast completion times. That’s not really what this should be about.

This comes from someone that doesn't care about leaderboards. But I care about statistics, that's why I'm here, that's why this page exists. And they are, unfortunately, wrong. 

That being said, while I have only been here a couple of years now, I have seen plenty of good suggestion threads simply get ignored. I've seen people asking for at least a bit better communication, but things never improved. It's a pity, too. ?

On 13.3.2020 at 8:31 PM, Bliss said:

Whitelist

Self-explanatory, really and a regularly requested feature. It isn’t right that people are punished for things out with their control and even staff have mentioned in the past they don’t particularly like flagging those certain games. If it were ever implemented the list of games that are whitelisted would have to be decided by staff and possibly dealt with on a case-by-case basis (with the option of appeal, obviously) as actual cheaters might use that excuse.

Not in favor of this. For the games in question, just don't sync your trophies and you're golden. There is no reason to allow impossible trophies on the leaderboards, and whitelisting opens doors to hackers claiming they didn't earn the trophies on purpose. Hell, I bet the first boosting sessions for getting impossible trophies would be started the moment whitelisting is implemented. 

Rarity Leaderboard

... a proper, working one that is. PSNP is easily the best trophy-tracking site out there and considering other sites have this feature already it’s a no brainer that PSNP should have it as well to remain competitive and at the top. Along with the whitelist this is also one of the most requested things. People have already suggested ideas on how a rarity leaderboard should work in other threads.

I agree that this should be a thing. However, Sly has, at least for the last two years, ignored the fact that the statistics on this page are inaccurate. Pretty much every single game has too many players counted towards 100%, one good example being Crypt of the NecroDancer. There are 5 achievers, yet this page counts between 10-12 depending on the weather and position of the moon. Nobody knows why, we never got an answer as for why that is, and we don't know if this will ever be fixed. 

Also, DLC rarity is for some arbitrary reason computed using the geometric mean because... I honestly don't know why. 

Oh, and don't start discussing which methods are allowed for earning trophies... CFW? no. Savefiles? no. Chronusmax or AutoHot Scripts? yes. Makes sense. 

Cheater Removal Team

The CRT only has three members who handle a lot of reports daily and obviously since they have lives outside the site they can’t be around all the time. Two or three new staff members around would help reduce the workload for the current staff and ensure cases get dealt with quicker. Cheaters get removed faster and innocents get back on the leaderboards. Everybody wins. Except cheaters I guess.

Well sure this would't hurt at all.

Team accounts

Team accounts are just simply not fair on individual players and should not be allowed on the regular leaderboards at all. PSNP used to have a dirty leaderboard so perhaps that can be reopened, renamed and used for teams rather than cheaters or just remove them altogether. Nothing worse than looking at a fastest achievers list and seeing an obvious team at the top as well.

Absolutely in favor of removing team accounts. But I imagine that it would be pretty difficult to detect all of them (some are very obvious, some have even admitted being one). 

In any case, I am in favor of removing everything from the leaderboards that violates legal terms. Sony is very clear about this: account sharing is NOT allowed unless you live under the same roof. 

While we are at it... remove all the identity thieves that have KR accounts without actually having a Korean ID. 

Flag requirements 

Currently, it’s three ‘normal’ flags and you’re off the leaderboards while the automated CFW detection results in almost instant removal. I think tweaking the flag system a little bit is worth considering. CFW would stay as is while using save files that aren’t your own should be 1 flag and off as well. Somewhat questionable timestamps including your own save files would remain at 3 flags. The last type would be soft flags for the whitelist if it were ever implemented, though that would likely be more of a behind-the-scenes CRT thing.

I don't know why we have three flags. In my eyes, you cheat once, you're off the leaderboards. This way we are allowing cheaters to learn from their mistakes and.. just cheat better.

3 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Sounds like a problem for the people who only think the H icon means cheater, not everyone else. 

When theres enough people who think like that then the people who hide games will start feel shame from hiding games. You can say that's its not the person who's hidden the games problem but they will still be effected. 

4 hours ago, Arcesius said:

In any case, I am in favor of removing everything from the leaderboards that violates legal terms.

I disagree with this because it would affect a large portion of the community, especially those who buy games digitally from outside their region for a number of reasons. It would be unnecessarily excessive to punish EU players (for example) who have a US account just because it is technically a violation of Sony’s ToS but not enforced. Addressing the part of your post regarding KR stacks, yes using someone else’s resident registration number (주민등록번호) is illegal in South Korea but a lot of those games are released physically and sold on sites like PlayAsia and others which means no identity theft involved. PSNProfiles has no affiliation with Sony and is under no obligation to follow their ToS to a tee anyway.

4 hours ago, Arcesius said:

I don't know why we have three flags. In my eyes, you cheat once, you're off the leaderboards. This way we are allowing cheaters to learn from their mistakes and.. just cheat better.

What about those who messed up the VITA trick once, for example? 

I completely forgot about the vita trick, is it cheating?..kinda but not on purpose so I'm for one mistake that's it for that. Theres no intent to mess up the vita trick so I'm not happy calling them cheaters. 

However, if you know enough about this to attempt the vita trick then surely you know that you should really hide the trophies immediately.

19 minutes ago, charxsetsuna said:

I completely forgot about the vita trick, is it cheating?..kinda but not on purpose so I'm for one mistake that's it for that. Theres no intent to mess up the vita trick so I'm not happy calling them cheaters. 

However, if you know enough about this to attempt the vita trick then surely you know that you should really hide the trophies immediately.

The VITA trick in itself is not cheating. It’s just a more complicated way of playing games from outside your region. I wouldn’t call messing it up cheating either but obviously they should hide the games, which is why I support the three flag rule remaining for things like that. 

Edited by Bliss

3 hours ago, Bliss said:

I disagree with this because it would affect a large portion of the community, especially those who buy games digitally from outside their region for a number of reasons. It would be unnecessarily excessive to punish EU players (for example) who have a US account just because it is technically a violation of Sony’s ToS but not enforced. Addressing the part of your post regarding KR stacks, yes using someone else’s resident registration number (주민등록번호) is illegal in South Korea but a lot of those games are released physically and sold on sites like PlayAsia and others which means no identity theft involved. PSNProfiles has no affiliation with Sony and is under no obligation to follow their ToS to a tee anyway.

Oh I know that this page is not affiliated with Sony. I still think that it should not encourage violating any kind of legal terms we all have agreed to follow, is all. 

As for the KR account.. Sure, physical games might be a different story. But there are users on this page sharing "easy ways to get a KR account", and they don't give a shit about what they are actually doing as long as it means getting yet another stack of a 5 minute game. I don't think that should be allowed. 

What about those who messed up the VITA trick once, for example? 

Those players are using their hardware in a way that it is not intended to. You are responsible for your trophies, so if you mess up, you deal with the consequences. In any case, you can always hide the game before anyone has a chance to flag you. 

That's just my take on all this, I don't view "trophy hunting" as anything competitive since there is no skill involved really ? At least not in the way we are currently ranking people (just get as many points as possible, no restrictions). 

Edited by Arcesius

Agree with all of this. But my suggestion is to make a new LB ,so all games that are 75% common or more, should have extremly less value in points, lets say that 3 games that are 75% or more common has the same value as 1 under 75%, and those games is not worth doing just for trophies suddently. As i see it now the LB is completly destroyed with these games. 

I would say this is fair for us that play games that take longer than 30sec to get a platinum! And it is fair for the LB!

Edited by DividedByMankind

one thing i'd love to see is a box on the right that tracks your top 5 rarest games with 100% completion, its already a stat thats displayed along with plat rarity for each game and some games true rarity comes from managing to 100% them, not simply the platinum. it could go 1. Trophy Cabinet 2. Rarest Trophies 3. Rarest completions

what do you guys think?