Star Wars: Episode I Racer Coming to PS4

Yeah, I went through the game again on mirror mode last night right after my first run. I wanted to see if you needed to also finish that as well, but unfortunately had no luck. It's like you said it's just glitched at the moment. Also that's a far more detailed explanation of the payment system, good job @Hanamaru Kunikida You should maybe write the guide instead

@Hanamaru Kunikida @I-SilentEcho-I I don't know how you guys have a glitched/bugged trophy.  Perhaps I got lucky, but I got the platinum yesterday evening :/

I had to do another quarter playthrough though because I made the mistake of not using the junkyard (been 20 years since I have played the game) and so I couldn't completely get the best items for my Podracer for some reason.

Edited by shadowTECnology

6 hours ago, Andrea9281 said:

Have you been able to get the trophies for unlocking other racers after doing this? Such as Teemto in the second race or Fud Sang in the Oovo IV one. I was able to get trophies for winning races with cheats enabled - they don't disable everything, they just seemingly prevent you from getting the racer-related trophies because the game doesn't play the cutscene of the podracer being moved into your garage after you defeat the character.

@Avatar_Of_Battle When I tested this I deleted my entire save file from the PS4 menu to be sure I could earn the trophies. I'm not sure if just deleting the one profile would be sufficient. I think the trophy pop is tied to the cutscene so if you were still able to get that on a second profile it might work.

Probably should've done the same but if we have to do all the races again it's not a huge deal. Pretty sure we screwed ourselves out of the upgrades trophy too lol. Just a little weird to me that the save file without the cheats would be affected since it didn't have all the characters unlocked.

36 minutes ago, I-SilentEcho-I said:

Yeah you got lucky @shadowTECnology, like i said i did two runs and each as a separate character just in case. Nice work getting the plat though! Was kinda hoping I'd be the first one lol

Haha, same with me man ?  I feel like I won't though... I feel like @Andrea9281 might have it unless they mentioned otherwise? Top 10 is cool regardless.  I was #1 with Song of the Deep for the longest time, then someone finally uploaded to PSNprofiles and I lost that so I am forever stuck at #2.  I got #11 then bumped down to #12 for Stranded Deep just recently.  I could have got higher I suspect if I had purchased the game right away but I waited until they patched inverted controls to the game.

It is nice to be able to grab a platinum before most individuals.  Can never do that on retail games because publishers give free review copies to them :/

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, shadowTECnology said:

Haha, same with me man ?  I feel like I won't though... I feel like @Andrea9281 might have it unless they mentioned otherwise? Top 10 is cool regardless.  I was #1 with Song of the Deep for the longest time, then someone finally uploaded to PSNprofiles and I lost that so I am forever stuck at #2.  I got #11 then bumped down to #12 for Stranded Deep just recently.  I could have got higher I suspect if I had purchased the game right away but I waited until they patched inverted controls to the game.

It is nice to be able to grab a platinum before most individuals.  Can never do that on retail games because publishers give free review copies to them :/

I've had that before, people not uploading their times then suddenly you're like 10th when you were first before. Games like this you actually have a chance which is why I thought I'd try and go for it but was stopped by glitches lol

23 minutes ago, I-SilentEcho-I said:

I've had that before, people not uploading their times then suddenly you're like 10th when you were first before. Games like this you actually have a chance which is why I thought I'd try and go for it but was stopped by glitches lol

This was a favorite of mine on the N64 when I was younger, so it was definitely a day 1 buy for me when it came up onto the PS store =D

I definitely agree with you.  These are the games that you go after if you want that type of achievement since it is impossible otherwise with retail.

• Like 1

So I did delete the entire save data off the system and start fresh with my brother. We started unlocking the racer trophies, however, the trophy for the Invitational Circuit must be bugged or something because we unlocked it after beating the 4th/last race there, but we haven't finished the 2nd race for Bozzie at all. (seriously fuck that track lol)

Can anyone else there that hasn't done any of the races but has all 4 unlocked confirm that just beating the 4th and final race unlocks the trophy?

EDIT:

Bro came through with the impossible and unlocked Bozzie lol. Ended up with the "first in every race" trophy at the same time since it was our last.

Edited by Avatar_Of_Battle

59 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Had just enough to buy broken ass equipment in the Junkyard and after tons of reloads the plat is ours. :D Bro wants to keep it on the system so he can mess around with the cheats for fun now lol.

Ohh they patched the bugs already? Thats awesome. 

44 minutes ago, shlomaniac said:

No, they haven't. The glitch just luckily hasn't happened to them I guess. I just did my third run through and still havent gotten it. I started from a fresh save too.

Edited by I-SilentEcho-I

9 hours ago, shlomaniac said:

8 hours ago, I-SilentEcho-I said:

No, they haven't. The glitch just luckily hasn't happened to them I guess. I just did my third run through and still havent gotten it. I started from a fresh save too.

The only things of note I have to say is that even though doing the cheat code trophy in a second slot it prevented us from getting the rest of the character related trophies in the first slot. I wiped the save data from the HDD and started again not just starting from a fresh save or deleting all users in game. I used the RRTANGENTABACUS code so maybe different codes yield different results in trophy prevention?

As stated in a previous post we didn't finish every race before the "finish the invitational circuit" trophy popped. We had played the Bozzie race, which I forgot to mention, but quit out of it when it was clear we weren't going anywhere fast. We never finished 3 laps to see a result screen.

When I went for the junkyard stuff we only had around 43K saved up. The prices will vary on parts too depending on how busted they are so if you're feeling luck you can just back out to racer selection and keep trying for lower prices. Also, there are duplicate upgrades of the same name. I came across multiple Mag6 parts at different prices.

Overall the game seemed a lot easier than the N64 version but the god's honest truth it might have been playing with the DS4 and not the thumb crippling N64 joystick. Trophies didn't matter here to us tbh but aside from speed related trophies or no death/first place combo trophies idk what else they could've done. :dunno:

I bought it off the PS Store if that's what you meant? I don't have any social media accounts so aside from an email, which people probably don't respond to, I couldn't contact them if I wanted. If I remember right you seem to be effective at getting publisher/devs to get trophy lists up so I'll trust you for the job. ?

42 minutes ago, HorrorPoem said:

How do you use cheats? I did everything right but when I go into race and hit the correct d pad combo nothing happens.

On the new character/career screen I see the text in the bottom left.

I held :l2: and then moved around to the letters and entered them with :l1: . I think I saw something here or somewhere saying you needed to also use :l1: on the "end" option but I don't even know if I did. (yes my memory is that shitty)

36 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

May want to find out who is doing the port and bring the fact the trophies aren't up to their attention. That may speed it up.

Think Neko said he'd give it a go later today.

2 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

May want to find out who is doing the port and bring the fact the trophies aren't up to their attention. That may speed it up.

They are already informed about trophy issues and stated, that they are already investigating it:

15 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

The only things of note I have to say is that even though doing the cheat code trophy in a second slot it prevented us from getting the rest of the character related trophies in the first slot. I wiped the save data from the HDD and started again not just starting from a fresh save or deleting all users in game. I used the RRTANGENTABACUS code so maybe different codes yield different results in trophy prevention?

As stated in a previous post we didn't finish every race before the "finish the invitational circuit" trophy popped. We had played the Bozzie race, which I forgot to mention, but quit out of it when it was clear we weren't going anywhere fast. We never finished 3 laps to see a result screen.

Did a fresh save, used the same code as you all 3 times. I unlocked bozzie with no issue, did the invitational races as they were unlocked the first 2 times and then did them all at the end the third time. Didn't lose a single lap, let alone any races. The trophies are just fucked is all, unlock for some but not for others. Just glad I had the foresight to play it on an alt first.

1 hour ago, I-SilentEcho-I said:

Did a fresh save, used the same code as you all 3 times. I unlocked bozzie with no issue, did the invitational races as they were unlocked the first 2 times and then did them all at the end the third time. Didn't lose a single lap, let alone any races. The trophies are just fucked is all, unlock for some but not for others. Just glad I had the foresight to play it on an alt first.

Why was it good foresight? It's getting patched so noone here has to worry. Aspyr is a developer who cares about their games and they are responding to almost every message on twitter.

2 minutes ago, westersburg said:

Why was it good foresight? It's getting patched so noone here has to worry. Aspyr is a developer who cares about their games and they are responding to almost every message on twitter.

A lot of developers promise patches, its not all too common we actually see them. Besides, who's to say the patch actually fixes the trophies. I'd rather be safe and play on an alt than sorry.