Flatout

Alexgaara

16 hours ago, Mang1ch said:

Thanks bro. In the NFS, I was more hindered by random traffic and other players, since offline mode could not start due to a constant error when loading it. The only thing that was good there was that there were only two cars - 1 for grip (porsche) and 1 for drift (lambo). However, I had to try many different setups to find the best one for myself.

Oh man, I thankfully could do it in Offline mode, and the traffic plus the cops were already pretty rage inducing (especially during those drift events).

Having real players around screwing with you too must've been a nightmare, props on the trophy mate!

Finally done this one. Few things I had to do different. For the Sierra cosworth I changed the throttle saturation to 50, I found I wasn’t lifting off enough or modulating the throttle enough and just spun constantly, and the Monaco tracks I had to use manual otherwise auto was just too slow on the ice. Finally for the Skoda in Wales I had to increase the ride height, made the car a little slower but you can drive over a lot of the banks and the jumps are more predictable, otherwise you have to be absolutely perfect or spin instantly. 

Really loved this trophy though, a lot of swearing and frustration but the dark souls kind of reward when you git good was worth it. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, I'm having some terrible doubts about the difficulty setting. I've set the difficulty on 91, but I don't know if the game recognize it because in my version (I'm italian) in every completed scenario it says "Completed (Pro)"

The only thing I can say is that I completed about an hour ago the Wales 1993 stage, and the time cap was 6:44... is that right or I'm basically screwed?

EDIT: Nevermind... It turns out that the italian version has another term instead of "very hard". I asked a friend and he confirms it.

Edited by shary96

Glad you sorted it out man, good luck on the events!

If you ever end up having this kind of issues with other games you can just switch your ps4 to English just to check and put it back to Italian right after, it won't pose any problem, and that way you'll be sure you're good to go.

• Like 1

Completed it !

Thanks again for this thread Alex, I opened it many times over the past few days to check the timing references, I think this should be the official guide for the DLC, learned a lot more about the game too and rally in general. Did everything with the DS4, sometimes I had to fiddle with the assists on some events, tunning did wonders to the car in others, but the most important part was learning the tracks and the car I was using and, of course, never give up. Drifting with such precision in order to gain tenths of seconds felt like a hard dance to learn but you get used to it eventually, it could be just me but one thing that really helped me apart from everything else mentioned was to switch the controller sensitivity from the default 50 to 40 and sometimes 35 on some cars.

My gaming time is more limited nowadays and few things that helped complete the challenges were:

* Start with shorter events to gain confidence, seeing the completed marks had a positive impact on my morale and it kept me going forward.

* Completed events on the same tracks one after the other, for example, I learned the event in Scotland with the subaru legacy and jumped right into the event at the same track with the metro MG, this helped tremendously because I knew the track inside out.

* On some ocasions I didn´t have gaming time to complete multiple stage events in one go so I tried to put the PS4 in rest mode to finish it on other day and it worked. Had to do it twice with events that featured 5 stages.

On the skoda event in Wales I found another glitch with the timings affecting it in an easier way, I was afraid the glitch would void the trophy but it turns out it doesn´t, these were the timings of the leading A.I.:

Stage 2 - 6:19.xxx , Stage 3 - 3:08.xxx , Stage 4 - 3:13.xxx, Stage 5 - 3:07.xxx

Finally I just want to thank everyone again for the contribution to the thread, this was really a noteworthy challenge ! Thanks for the nice tips, warnings and videos @Ghost-TeamX @x7eight @OBSTINATIO @Steef187 @Matej558

Edited by eduardohrks
  • Like 4

Congratulations @eduardohrks, I’m happy to see you managed to get through it!

Eh, I’m not good at writing guides, but if anyone feels like making one for this DLC using times & tips from this thread they’re more than welcome to do so.

I get what you're saying about this feeling like a hard dance to learn, it’s got to become a second nature, to the point where you’re not thinking about when and how to do it, but just doing it naturally.

Thanks for your detailed feedback, like I may have already said before I really think those can be helpful to others still going through it, since everyone has a different playstyle and approach to this kind of challenges

And a big thanks for confirming that rest mode doesn’t glitch the times for the rest of the event, hadn’t tried this myself, and I was always telling people to use rest mode at their own risk, not knowing for sure the repercussions it could have in the long run.

This has been added to the 1st post, as well as the positively glitched times from that Wales event.

Again, well done mate ?

• Like 1

I just did it too !
Thanks a lot @Alexgaara for times you posted, it helped me so much for the multi-stages events !

I've struggled a lot on different events like Greece or Australia and I sometimes had to replay the same stage for hours before beating the given times, but the feeling to get both trophies at the end is soooo cool !

I made videos from all events with slightly different times as yours (sometimes better, but very often lower ^^) that you all can find here :

Thanks again !!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Which challenge would you guys say is the toughest of the lot? I've done the whole first set and 3 each from sets 2 and 3 to unlock everything and I gotta admit, I've been kinda struggling with them. I'd like to get the worst out of the way just so I don't get stuck and have to give up after a week of doing the rest, haha.

The one I struggled the most on was the 2-5 Finnish event, I felt like I really had to push much more than on other locations were I could make mistakes and still get through.

That 4-6 Swedish event was also pretty tough, thankfully there was more leeway on that one.

The very last event could be troublesome as well, but I see you've already done "Pedal to the Metal" so that should be fairly doable, especially since they changed the requirements on the damages you're allowed to get.

Still, it comes down to personal preferences, If you're using a wheel that Finland event would be made easier thanks to better landings.

I know some people had issues with the Greek events as well (where I personally didn't because it's my favorite location, so I probably knew it like the back of my hand by the end, giving me an easier time).

As a whole, the set that gave me the most problems was the 1st one (probably because I had to get used to the difficulty of the challenge, plus those damn Cosworth events).

Good luck on the rest of the events if you keep at it @J_Chmielinski ;)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Alexgaara said:

I hope it won't turn out that I mislead you about the hardest events (since we all have different strenghts and weaknesses).

The rest of the events won't be a cake walk, but hopefully more enjoyable than the last 2 locations you've just dealt with.

Absolutely no worries, mate. Just finished for the day and I’m done with sets 1-3 and all the multi-stage scenarios from set 4. I should be able to wrap up the remaining 7 scenarios by the end of next week. Certainly not giving up at this point :D. 

I’d say Greece 1998 was the hardest for me. I was never very good at it, so I struggled with all scenarios there. Your times were massively helpful to figure out how well or bad I did.

1 hour ago, J_Chmielinski said:

Certainly not giving up at this point :D. 

Haha, you better not, you've definitely done the hardest the DLC had to offer, now it's just a matter of getting the time to get those last events done.

But yeah, the Greek location seems to be the pet peeve for many, nice to see you overcame it, now go get that well deserved 100% mate ;)

Aaaand it’s done! What a ride, probably my toughest individual trophy ever earned. A beautiful tribute to an absolute rally Legend. Lovely to see them not forgeting their roots even though it’s been 11 years since the last Colin McRae game was released. Nice to see they didn’t mess up the unlock order, unlike Uncharted 4.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Alex, thank you very much for setting up this guide.

I just need some tips on how to do Sweden 4-6 and Wales 4-9. Currently I am far off your pace which is quite strange as with every other event I either match your times, beat them by a few seconds or fall behind by as much as 3 seconds. But for sweden I am 7 seconds slower and struggle to keep the car at max speed on the straights. As for Wales I never struggle too bad but for the first strage I was 5s slower and 2nd stage 11s slower. I feel my powersliding is on point and I make sure to not hit or spin or roll. Do you perhaps know of any video guides I can watch?
I am currently using the Nacon PS4 wired controller. All assists off + manual gears and in chase cam.

Turns out I just needed a new day and a fresh mind.

Edited by Azure_dev
  • Like 1

Hey man, glad to see you got those 2 down already, taking a break sure can help on those events.

Funnily enough, I remember that my first run through Wales 4-9 ended up with me being 10-15 seconds behind what was needed, and thinking how the hell could this event be so harder than the others. Ended up doing just like you, and I crushed it way more than I thought I would since I really believed my 1st run was really clean (~20 seconds improvements).

And yeah, from what you said, that Swedish event all comes down to blitzing through those straights like a madman, but I'm guessing that's what you ended up doing.

Good luck if you've still got some events left (and here's Ghost-TeamX & xElectrizz-Game playlist if you need some visual guidance for specific events).

Thank you so much for this thread.  It helped out tremendously.  I am a controller player and used the chase cam to get this trophy.  However, I do want to make a suggestion for Germany 2002:  use the hood cam.  That was the only scenario I switched to hood cam.  I wasted hours trying to make it work with the chase cam and the best I could do was +0.900 (before penalty).  I was never even coming close to goal.  Once I switched to hood cam, I completed the scenario in less than 30 minutes with +4.877 (before penalty).  To be honest, it makes perfect sense: the goal requirements and the track itself, short length, asphalt, sunny, no bumps/dirt/gravel/etc. but lots of sharp turns make it way more favorable to hood cam than chase cam.  It really should be the exception to the rule for chase cam users when going for this trophy.

• Like 1

One extra tip: Wales 2005, track 2.  You can gain at least +2.5 seconds to your time in the third leg by going off track. 

See @ 5:56 mark: you can cut through field and bypass 1st turn.  Then, immediately after completing the 2nd turn, go into the field on right side (before passing the 3 banners), take it all the way to the bottom of the hill where there is "2 left turn" @ 6:12 mark.  For whatever reason, the out-of-bounds is extended way out in this area so anyone can exploit this until it's patched.  Cut through field uphill as seen in video but then you can also make a sharp cut at the top when there is another "2 left turn" @ 6:21 mark.  Though that is a bit trickier because the out-of-bounds is pretty close and you'll be going at a faster speed. so IMO, it's better to slow down at the top and just turn normally.  Best I ever did was +3.2 seconds from this exploit.  But my best track time happened when I only got +2.2ish from this trick (go figure). 

• Like 1

@natchnatty Congratulations on the 100% mate, glad this thread is still helpful ?

About that Germany 2002 event, if I remember correctly it's one of those single events that got harder with the 1.14 patch, even though it was already one of the tougher ones before the patch.

Before that you might've been able to get it with your chase cam run, but they somehow felt this fast paced track needed an even crazier run than before for some reasons.

And great catch on the Wales track, I tried to cut through the turns at the bottom of the hills once, but I drove pretty much straight from the road, didn't work.

Smart to get out of track before the 3 banners but still staying inbounds, gives you a pretty straight line to rush through, and it's pretty early on in the race to be worth the risk!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, thank you all for this guide and its really helpful. I play with ds4 controller. I completed every dlc trophy except colin mcrae and was relatively easy despite i was new to racing games. I completed sunday driver in aprox. 3 hours. I completed 3rd mcrae challange on very hard difficulty in one day. Maybe 6 hours. But second challange with ford sierra is nightmare to me. 25 hours countless tries and i cant see any advancement by my side. Even on 100th run i may still crash on 5 to 4 turn right at the beginning. I constantly crash just trying to keeping up with videos i've seen. I drive with esp 5 and automatic shift. I just started to lose hope. I have two questions to you guys if you want to help this poor guy.

1. Have you changed your controller settings. ( I adjusted sensitivity to 50 to 65)

2. When i train for this challenge; should i focus primarly on not crashing ( i.e just to be safe driving with %40 throttle where i should going at least %80 ) or keeping up with speed  i saw on successful videos (my crashing probability is %100 with this way)

3. Should i just quit trying

Thank you for your great help