Flatout

Alexgaara

Finally managed to finish Mount Kaye Pass with Skoda Fabia on 3rd place with the time of 7:25 :)

Here's the car settings I used to play on that track:

Steering sensitivity - 70

Steering linearity - 4

Steering deadzone - 0

Steering saturation - 100

Throttle deadzone - 0

Throttle saturation - 60

Brake deadzone - 0

Brake saturation - 50

Transmission - automatic

Stability control - 2

Traction control - 1

All of the rest settings are set on default and all of the assists I didn't mention are also set on default, good luck for upcoming players who also want to get it done ? with these settings I felt the car more easier to control and it was also much faster ?

• Like 2

Nicely done mate, keep it going!

Thanks for writing the settings you used, more setups is a good thing ? It can definitely make a difference, especially on cars with piss poor handling with the default ones.

I'll see to edit my first post to link to the settings you used on the events you already did.

Done Wales 2005 today morning with Skoda Fabia :) the good thing is that you don't need to do this on one sitting, you can even quit to the main menu during the event. I've done so after the 2nd stage and when I come back next day the leader times for stage 3 was - 3:13. xxx, stage 4 - 3:13.651 and for the last 5th stage it was 3:07.xxx ? talking about the bad glitch which sets up the impossible times to beat happens only on those stages where you can't see the opponents times :) on Wales 2005 you can see their times on every 5 stages

Done Australia 1997, 2nd stage called "Chandlers Creek" was a nightmare to master each turn. Honestly all that event wasn't that bad, it looks very complicated on first 2 stages but later on when you will know the track very well it will be much easier to win last 3 stages. I get first place in general leaderboard with 15 seconds of advantage ? 2nd and last 5th stage is the same, managed to get 7:02 on the 2nd stage with one mistake where I get 360° spin hitting the fence on last leg. Last stage I finish with 6:56 with no mistakes. I drove just with the stability control on 2, the rest was OFF. Also with Brake saturation on 50, throttle saturation - 60, steering sensitivity - 80,rest on default. Good luck for upcoming players and remember, don't give up!

Just done Scotland 2006 scenario with the time of 6:55.083 and average speed 70,1miles/h ? the stage is not really that difficult after some practice, but controling that beast car with high speed was a huge challenge!! Done that stage after about 2h of restarting ? to be honest I have to say Scotland 1992 scenario track with Subaru Legacy was a bit harder thing to get done ?

Got the flatout trophy ? It was such a great experience for me, and also the hardest trophy I get in my whole life.

That's definitely the hardest rally game but also the best one! I was thinking about that trophy whole November to get it done, every time, everywhere ? but now it's finally done woohooooo!! ?

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, MajloHS93 said:

Got the flatout trophy 1f642.png It was such a great experience for me, and also the hardest trophy I get in my whole life.

That's definitely the hardest rally game but also the best one! I was thinking about that trophy whole November to get it done, every time, everywhere 1f600.png but now it's finally done woohooooo!! 1f64c.png

Huge Congrats dude! That's some pretty impressive progress that was really great to follow. It's definitely one of the best racing experiences with a challenge that is above almost every other racing game out there! I'm sure your tips here will be useful for others who want to go for this.

Edited by Destructor-8

Beginning was definitely the hardest part for me, getting used to control the cars without any assists (just on Finland 1992, I don't see a chance to do this with stability control set even on 1) or at least with stability control on 2-3 everywhere else. Remembering each turn of every stage on every country. The GTR videos on yt with car setups helped me a lot? The times here on guide also helped me to track the progress in what time I can finish last stage on multistages scenarios. I always was trying to be faster on first stages to have a bit easier times to beat later on last stages ? I felt a bit empty after I've done all scenarios on very hard and started playing other game hah ? that whole challenge really sucked me in?

Currently on the second set of these, up to Finland. Having a real fun time but they’re kicking my butt. I find the first hour or so learning the track, then the next 4 hours restarting because of silly mistakes. Hardest one so far for me would be Sweden in the 2nd set. Only because it was hard to see, I did try the brightness trick but made it worse IMO. And because you don’t need to win the 1st stage either, I was 6 seconds behind but aced the much shorter 2nd stage. Anyways, each scenario is taking me around 5 hours to complete, so I should be done sometime this decade.

So I just found out I'm glitched... I tried to do this trophy way back when I was going for the platinum and gave up thinking it's almost impossible without wheel. Been doing daily races as a way to relax after work and now decided to come back. Somehow it unglitched itself once and I was able to do a few races easy peasy but now I'm stuck again. Went to look for tips and found out Codemasters didn't even bother to patch it up throughout the years.

What does 

"If the glitch hits you, do not freak out. Restarting an entire event(may have to hit "abandon event" in the menus) will clear the glitch."

even mean?

There's no "abandon event" option anywhere. I can retire, quit to main menu or restart. If I quit there's no option in main menu to "abandon event" because by quitting I already abandoned it. If I'm completing multirace event and quit after first race I have the option to "abandon championship" in the main menu. But that's not event. And it certainly didn't unglitch me.

Talking about multistages scenarios it's advised to do this in one sitting, or at least turning the console into rest mode. If you go back to main menu during that multistage scenario there's high chance the glitch will activate and then it's impossible to beat the AI times. To clear that glitch you will have to do that scenario once again from the beginning. For Sweden events I was turning down the brightness up to 0,80 and it was alright for me. For driving on night races I changed it to 1,50 or 1,60 and I have seen everything clearly.

20 hours ago, MajloHS93 said:

I always was trying to be faster on first stages to have a bit easier times to beat later on last stages 1f642.png I felt a bit empty after I've done all scenarios on very hard and started playing other game hah 1f600.png that whole challenge really sucked me in1f600.png

Haha, I get that, was doing the same honestly, tried to push like a madman on the first stages to have more leeway on the last bunch to avoid having to restart everything.

But yeah, like you said, the first few events were rough, but it was mostly a matter of getting used to the difficulty and honing down the skills required to get through it (and knowing most of those tracks by hearts as well).

18 hours ago, closertim said:

Having a real fun time but they’re kicking my butt. I find the first hour or so learning the track, then the next 4 hours restarting because of silly mistakes.

Yeah knowing each part of the stage is crucial to get through those events, you can count on your reflexes from time to time but it sadly is more of a matter of remembering each hazards than reacting to those hazards. Skill is needed obviously, but there's pretty much nothing you can about that silly tiny rock that your copilot doesn't warn you about except learning from it and restarting...

Sometime this decade seems like an achievable goal ^^

6 hours ago, Terminus124 said:

So I just found out I'm glitched... Somehow it unglitched itself once and I was able to do a few races easy peasy but now I'm stuck again.

What does 

"If the glitch hits you, do not freak out. Restarting an entire event(may have to hit "abandon event" in the menus) will clear the glitch."

even mean?

There's no "abandon event" option anywhere. I can retire, quit to main menu or restart. If I quit there's no option in main menu to "abandon event" because by quitting I already abandoned it. If I'm completing multirace event and quit after first race I have the option to "abandon championship" in the main menu. But that's not event. And it certainly didn't unglitch me.

Are you talking about the glitch were the opponents times are pretty much impossible to beat, or another one (asking cause I never heard of this one fixing itself)?

I've never got hit by this glitch myself, but yeah you'd have to retire from every races left in the tournament to restart it clean I think (knowing the game got patched since this thread has been made, they probably changed a few things options & UI wise, so it's tough to say).

3 hours ago, Alexgaara said:

Are you talking about the glitch were the opponents times are pretty much impossible to beat, or another one (asking cause I never heard of this one fixing itself)?

Yes, tried quitting, abandoning championship from main menu after completing first stage, completing multistage championship, retiring (although that is the thing that allegedly causes the glitch), exiting in service area... I don't know what's left.

Will deleting save file help? I read in this thread that it's synced with Codemasters server anyway so it just redownloads everything back.

Retiring causes that yeah, but if you're retiring to end the championship and start anew, it shouldn't mess with the next one you start. Impossible times can also happen when you quit to the main menu in a multi stage events (as far I know, thanks to other people findings), which is why it's recommended to do them in one go (using PS rest mode does work though).

If even after doing that the game messes up the very next time you start a new event you could try and delete your save file yeah. It is indeed synced iirc, but you can delete it by going in Settings -> Profile -> Progress reset (do it at your own risk obviously, can't say if it would fix your issue or not).

Before doing that maybe try reinstalling | redownloading the game first? Wondering if this could come from a corrupted installation...

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if you actually gain a significant amount of time without the spare tyre? 

I did New Zealand 1993 the other day, and realized later on that I had a spare tyre with me through out the whole scenario?  I didn’t change anything in that option so it’s usually on default with 1 spare tyre. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, closertim said:

Finally completed Finland after around 6 hours.  Really fun location,  just countless restarts. Stage 1: 3:20.8xx, Stage 2: 3:26.xxx, Stage 3: 3:38.xxx. Did it with around 2 seconds to spare.  Onto New Zealand....

Congrats, that's a tough one but a really enjoyable one.

39 minutes ago, Don_carlito94 said:

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if you actually gain a significant amount of time without the spare tyre? 

I did New Zealand 1993 the other day, and realized later on that I had a spare tyre with me through out the whole scenario1f605.png  I didn’t change anything in that option so it’s usually on default with 1 spare tyre. 

Nice going dude! Yeah it adds weight to the car so you always want to play without lol. It usually shows that it adds weight when you take it off plus you probably won't ever use one.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Destructor-8 said:

Nice going dude! Yeah it adds weight to the car so you always want to play without lol. It usually shows that it adds weight when you take it off plus you probably won't ever use one.  

Thanks for the answer mate :) I am aware that the added weight slows you down, just curious if it makes a huge or small difference with a spare. I will definitely remember to remove the spare tyre with the later scenarios when the option is given. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, closertim said:

Finally completed Finland after around 6 hours.  Really fun location,  just countless restarts. Stage 1: 3:20.8xx, Stage 2: 3:26.xxx, Stage 3: 3:38.xxx. Did it with around 2 seconds to spare.  Onto New Zealand....

Well done! Finland 1992 was one of the hardest scenarios for me, especially 2nd stage. New Zealand is much easier than this, just need to know the track ofc

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Don_carlito94 said:

Thanks for the answer mate :) I am aware that the added weight slows you down, just curious if it makes a huge or small difference with a spare. I will definitely remember to remove the spare tyre with the later scenarios when the option is given. 

Ah yeah, I've heard of others finding a huge difference without one.

Edited by Destructor-8
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Don_carlito94 said:

Damn, so I was basically handicapping myself more than a bit lol 1f602.png 

Ah whatever now I have that knowledge for the upcoming scenarios. Thanks again 1f64f.png

Yeah I probably should have mentioned it when you started but it seems you are getting through it anyway. I think you are further than I got so far as I still need to go back to it. I'll be interested in how you find the rest of it plus I need to get back to your messages still.

Edited by Destructor-8
  • Like 1

Getting through the stages now,  up to Argentina now.  Very windy and bumpy course but nothing too hard,  just need to get a good run in.  I found Wales a tough one,  I dunno if it was getting used to the Impreza or what but it was hard to control at first.  Can't wait to be up to the 3rd set of scenarios.  

up to Australia 3-4. That course is so bumpy I hardly feel in control of the car at times. I know I can do it , just gotta string it all together 

Edited by closertim
Update
  • Like 2