Survival Difficulty

Get to max level, get your weapons to at least lvl 3 and good teammates are a must.  I did the whole thing with randoms and we breezed through most of it.  That said, one of them knew how to glitch the later maps and also we got lucky on another one (#8 I think) and no real money spent. 

It's honestly not that hard. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rowdi said:

@redleaves1989 I’d like to see the out of map glitch for level 8 siege. Could you link it?

You can NOT use the out of bounds glitch for the siege, you MUST be in the siege bounds for all kills. Best strategy that can use the OoB glitch for the siege would be something like "two players in the siege area, and one sniper in OoB to provide support in case someone comes too close", but even that isn't very good when compared to mines, if three players put a lot around to prevent anyone from coming closer.

Found my playthrough but uploading is a pain, so I'll just link one from YouTube and provide some more instructions.

1. To exit the map, you must climb the arsenal near the siege (jump button + walk towards it).
  2. Once you are on it, jump towards the wall as if you were hoping to land at the base of the plant in front of you.
  3. You will be in a "float/fall" that won't last too long, but while it's on, you can roll. Roll as much as you can, and jump right after.
  4. By combining multiple roll+jump without giving your character a chance to fall, you'll soon reach a place where you can stand properly.
  5. It's still too close for comfort and you get get gunned down and/or sniped, so look carefully at where you're walking and make some more jumps to go a bit further.
  6. When you get "behind" the scenery, you are safe and can snipe everyone from afar.
  7. When every enemy is dead, jump out of the map during the intermission, you should make it really out of bounds and die+respawn very quick.

Now for more tips for the waves, using this tip:

1. First wave (41) is a treasure hunt (yeah I forgot that one), but it's rather easy, just run. Even on crushing, running+rolling+jumping shouldn't prove to be too troublesome for three persons.
  2. Second wave (42) is "Head shots and melee only", or all the stuff I'm bad at, in normal circumstances. Get a good sniping weapon (M14 Custom is the best) from the Arsenal in the video. Follow the above instructions to reach your safe spot and headshot like there's no tomorrow.
  3. Third wave (43) is the dreaded siege. Enemies will spawn spectres+Indra on death (aka "homing missiles + slow field"). You DON'T want to kill anyone in melee next to the siege, believe me. Actually, with all the time gained from waves 42, 44 & 45, it may even be best to LEAVE the siege area, give yourself time to regroup, then come back to the siege area once it's clean. Good strategy is also to stop using grenades like a noob (I sure used to) and put landmines all around your siege are to make sure nobody can ambush you. By now, you or your teammates should know where the traitorous "ambush wave" will come from.
  4. Fourth wave (44) is a piece of cake. If you killed yourself to respawn, you shouldn't have to refill your weapon. Go back to your safe spot, and pretend you're shooting clay pigeons. You got a time limit this time but SERIOUSLY, these guys won't move much, so you'll have plenty of time to adjust for cool headshots, or just regular shots.
  5. Fifth wave (45) is "Marked Man" + "Time Limit". The time limit is EVEN GREATER this time, to kill eight enemies and you got an open view of the map.

Also updating my previous post for more "general" tips.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, redleaves1989 said:

In level 8, you can exploit four of the five challenges (one of them is siege) by going out of the map and sniping every enemy from afar. Wasn't patched as of last month, may put a video of it if needed.

Level 8 is the pirate ship map with the machine gunner boss. You’re describing level 9 in your post above and, I think, this quote. I read what I have quoted as you had an exploit for the seige round on level 8 and that’s what I was interested in seeing

• Like 1

On 4/4/2020 at 0:31 AM, marciojramos said:

The survival trophies are really difficulty? 

I like the franchise and will be free this month on ps plus, but I don't want to be frustrated with so much difficulty and I saw somewhere people giving a 8-9/10 rate. 

Many people use glitches, like the ship glitch that makes the boss fall through the map. 

23 hours ago, ONUOsFan said:

I can't speak to what it's like now, but my friends and I did this back when it originally came out, and at the time it seemed like Naughty Dog's only goal in life was to take away any strategy that worked in Survival. They were constantly releasing patches and hotfixes, and literally every one made it harder than it had been. It almost seemed like they were watching YouTube for videos that detailed good strategies, then immediately changing the game to make those strategies impossible.

So, yeah, it was super hard back then and I can't imagine it's gotten any better.

Exactly! ND really screwed up with U4 Multiplayer.

So yeah, doing this now would be very difficult. I, by the way, expect the rarity rate of the "It" trophy to be lowered now that U4 is a PS+ game.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rowdi said:

Level 8 is the pirate ship map with the machine gunner boss. You’re describing level 9 in your post above and, I think, this quote. I read what I have quoted as you had an exploit for the seige round on level 8 and that’s what I was interested in seeing

My bad, thanks for the heads-up, I'll edit the post :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Survival is hard and to be honest, almost nobody does it legit.

Just look at timestamps, you'll see a lot of people having first time finishing a map and 3 stars crushing in a couple of days or weeks.

Some even got boosted on crushing with level 1 character.

Edited by Shorah-
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Shorah- said:

Survival is hard and to be honest, almost nobody does it legit.

Just look at timestamps, you'll see a lot of people having first time finishing a map and 3 stars crushing in a couple of days or weeks.

Some even got boosted on crushing with level 1 character.

I did it in about 2 weeks. No boosting. All with randoms through matchmaking, with no glitches. If you put the effort in (I'm currently on about 270 hours) 95% of guns at level 5 inc. Dlc and obviously level 50, then its doable. I hate the fact that people get carried through the 10 crushing stages when it takes skill to do them legit. You can always tell how much effort someone has put into it from their time on the leaderboards in game

10 hours ago, fools-shadow13 said:

I did it in about 2 weeks. No boosting. All with randoms through matchmaking, with no glitches. If you put the effort in (I'm currently on about 270 hours) 95% of guns at level 5 inc. Dlc and obviously level 50, then its doable. I hate the fact that people get carried through the 10 crushing stages when it takes skill to do them legit. You can always tell how much effort someone has put into it from their time on the leaderboards in game

On 04/04/2020 at 10:01 AM, marciojramos said:

I like the franchise and will be free this month on ps plus, but I don't want to be frustrated with so much difficulty and I saw somewhere people giving a 8-9/10 rate. 

On 04/04/2020 at 10:01 AM, marciojramos said:

Crushing is doable playing legit