Mastermind Matchmaking Status

So, I'm pretty much done with the Survivor Trophies and I still can't play as a Mastermind at all (around together 8 hours of searching without any success). I read about it to try it with NAT Type 1, but my problem is I tried everything except switching my ISP, which doesn't support it at all. Not to mention NAT Type 1 isn't even safe from what I heard + even for some people it still doesn't work after that. Which is really a shame, it's my actual first experience with those type of multiplayer and I enjoyed it more then I thought I would, but this really kills a lot of my motivation... P2P over dedicated Server in 2020, hello?

So because of that, I don't even bother to change my ISP, and gonna wait for Capcom to fix this mess, the reason for this thread is to keep it updated.

Here was the last status: 

If you're in the same situation as me, just wait for the next update, which should be at 17th April when they release Jill for this Game.

Or maybe there is another way to match up as Mastermind, when everyone has NAT Type 2 from the same region, who knows, just throwing out ideas.

5 minutes ago, DevilVergilXT said:

I have a question, I heard games like Dead by Daylight or/and Friday the 13th are similar type of games and I also heard they had no dedicated server before, how long did it took for them to add an dedicated server?

Can't say about Friday the 13th, but it took more than 3 years for Dead by Daylight.

On 4/9/2020 at 4:54 AM, AlexRemastered said:
I did the same and now it works for me too

I feel helplessly stupid, can some kind person help getting this NAT 1 thing set up?  I can't get a game as MM at all using Nat 2.  I unplugged my router/modem and used an ethernet cable to plug my PS4 directly into the modem (as the internet instructed me to do).  However, when I set up the new internet connection I select use LAN, and when I test it fails at obtaining IP address.  If I enter the IP address manually it simply fails the internet connection test.  BTW while I was doing this my WiFi for other devices in my house was still functioning properly.  Do I have to shut off the router entirely, why would that impact my PS4 connected directly into the modem?  Screw this game for making us jump through these hoops. 

Thanks for any help for my stupidity. 

so after 3 hours of trouble shooting i finally got it to work. i had all the same problems everyone else is having. i went from not getting any matches to getting a match in under 2minutes every time.

-I Still have Nat type 2 in my ps4 network settings
-Solution 4 worked for me.
-My firewall is on Minimum security.

Things you could try:

Logging into router Settings.

Edit: Some Routers may have a UPNP(Universal Plug and Play) option turn that on too.

Solution 1:  IP Passthrough: 

A: use port and select the port that your ps4 is hard wired into on your modem. save and modem will reboot
B: use Mac address. go into your ps4 network settings and copy the mac(LAN or wired) address and copy it in and press the "+" sign. to add it to your router. Modem will reboot

Solution 2: DMZ

A: go into your ps4 network settings and copy the IP that your ps4 is using. Save changes and reboot modem.

Solution 3: Port Forwarding.

go into the port forwarding section of your modem and follow this article for what ports to add.
https://www.connectify.me/blog/how-to/change-nat-type-port-forwarding-ps4/

Solution 4:  WAN Setup
Enable this. the problem with WAN is that you connect to a "W"ide "A"rea "N"etwork so make sure you have some sort of security. it could leave your computer or system open to anyone.

Solution 5: Hard wire into the wall bypassing Router.

Edited by offdutysuperhero
  • Like 1

I've had a few games with bad lag since release but it's been getting progressively worse over the last few days. 

My theory is its either people who are getting around the Mastermind matchmaking bugs & finally getting into games or people are finally realising the Mastermind gets host & are flooding their internet connection midgame.

I had this gem of a game yesterday, the worst game I've had since release:

I've had quite a few unplayable games the last couple of days & I think its only going to get worse as time goes on. Peer to peer games will always have lag issues, that's a fact but it doesn't normally escalate to these levels so quickly.

59 minutes ago, ObsceneSociopath said:

I've had a few games with bad lag since release but it's been getting progressively worse over the last few days. 

My theory is its either people who are getting around the Mastermind matchmaking bugs & finally getting into games or people are finally realising the Mastermind gets host & are flooding their internet connection midgame.

I had this gem of a game yesterday, the worst game I've had since release:

I've had quite a few unplayable games the last couple of days & I think its only going to get worse as time goes on. Peer to peer games will always have lag issues, that's a fact but it doesn't normally escalate to these levels so quickly.

Yeah I'm losing my patience as well, finally we have a RE Multiplayer that has potential to be good, to playing also more for fun outside of trophies and they just decided to use P2P over dedicated server. Instead of adressing those issues, they just release instead a Roadmap for free DLCs... yeah like, no Jill or other known Character will save this game if it stays that way. And now it even affects people like you who don't have the matchmaking issues, it's such a big mess where I can only say that those devs are morons, I'm sorry i had to say it.

No way, I found an match in less then 4 min... what happend. I did nothing different.

Ok idk why, but I'll take it, I find more matches frequently.

Edit: Back to the long waiting, I was only able to play 2 quick games, what a joke...

Edit 2: Well, it seems like they kinda fixed it now? Or since it's the weekend and most people are done with RE3R, I could've find more people again as Mastermind. It worked so well today, I just got my Plat just now.

Edited by DevilVergilXT