DaRe

Wii U?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Will you get it?

• Yes
    • Maybe
    • No
    • Not if my life depended on it!

I'll probably end up getting one eventually if I have some extra money kicking around. However, it'll probably end up being just like my Wii. Fun to play at first, especially when you have a bunch of people over, then after awhile everyone forgets about it and it ends up collecting dust for years.

I'll eventually get the WiiU like 15 years down the road for my collection or something :P

I never had a Gamecube, nor a N64... Like I said, those consoles are before my time. :P

you really missed out Jacko. IMO, the Gamecube really wasn't that bad. there were at least 10 - 20 solid games on there

So I spend money on a weak system, that can only do solo play local, with annoying online, a weak 3rd party lineup, and a controller that looks like an iPad?

Why don't I just roll tobacco in 3 $100 bills?

Or buy a real system.....like a SNES.

The system ain't weak. It's actually pretty powerfull. While the specs could still be considered from this generation, it seems it's still more powerfull than the PS3.

The system will still have local multiplayer. Where the bollocks did you read it didn't O_o? What's going on is that the new controller's screen can only be used instead of your TV when playing a Single Player game. It doesn't mean you won't be able to kick your mate's ass on the same TV.

Nintendo has said that the console will enjoy big 3rd party support. Of course, we won't be able to actually know if that's true until the system has been out for a couple of months, but seeing the success of the Wii, and how the Wii U has HD and gamers have been crying for that on a Nintendo console for a while, it doesn't sounds that far-fetched.

I'll eventually get the WiiU like 15 years down the road for my collection or something :P

you really missed out Jacko. IMO, the Gamecube really wasn't that bad. there were at least 10 - 20 solid games on there

15 years? I'm sure it'll be as cheap as the Wii is right now in just 3-4 years :P .

And yeah, the GC had a very good game library, plus better-looking games than the PS2. Still wondering how it lost.

And yeah, the GC had a very good game library, plus better-looking games than the PS2. Still wondering how it lost.

it lost because there are probably more serious gamers than kids. there were some games that looked good and some that didn't. like compare Resident Evil 0 with San Andreas or Dinotopia to Shadow of Colossus.

So I spend money on a weak system, that can only do solo play local, with annoying online, a weak 3rd party lineup, and a controller that looks like an iPad?

Why don't I just roll tobacco in 3 $100 bills?

Or buy a real system.....like a SNES.

GET THE SNES! IMO, it's the strongest Nintendo system (well I mean the one with the best game library).

it lost because there are probably more serious gamers than kids. there were some games that looked good and some that didn't. like compare Resident Evil 0 with San Andreas or Dinotopia to Shadow of Colossus.

Funny, seeing how the PS2 had a bigger casual library than the GC and the Wii combined lol.

Funny, seeing how the PS2 had a bigger casual library than the GC and the Wii combined lol.

that's what I'm trying to say. :rolleyes: I meant to say that the GC lost because they were making kiddie games. I can only think of 10 GC titles that I could recommend to anyone... oh yea, the Game Boy Player was sweet too.

that's what I'm trying to say. :rolleyes: I meant to say that the GC lost because they were making kiddie games. I can only think of 10 GC titles that I could recommend to anyone... oh yea, the Game Boy Player was sweet too.

I mean that the PS2 had way more 'kiddie' games than both the GC and the Wii combined. Also, the GC had more than just 10 games lol.

I mean that the PS2 had way more 'kiddie' games than both the GC and the Wii combined. Also, the GC had more than just 10 games lol.

well the PS2 also had a pretty big library of games for older gamers too so they more than made up for it :)

soo.... who's thinking about getting it? it's a possibility that i might end up getting one eventually since i have a little sister who enjoys playing the Wii.

i might get it after a year or two of its release. mostly for zelda and pokemon.. ;x thats all. >__<;;

i might get it after a year or two of its release. mostly for zelda and pokemon.. ;x thats all. >__<;;

I've never been a fan of the Pokemon games on console. If they made an actual game like the ones on the handheld, instead of games like Stadium I might change my mind though.

Parker

I've never been a fan of the Pokemon games on console. If they made an actual game like the ones on the handheld, instead of games like Stadium I might change my mind though.

Parker

then you have not played pokemon gale of darkness xD on gamecube. that game was epic ;o

then you have not played pokemon gale of darkness xD on gamecube. that game was epic ;o

Which one was that? I remember playing a game where you had Espeon and Umbreon in the beginning and you had to catch "dark" Pokemon and purify them. Wasn't a huge fan of that game, to be honest.

Parker

Which one was that? I remember playing a game where you had Espeon and Umbreon in the beginning and you had to catch "dark" Pokemon and purify them. Wasn't a huge fan of that game, to be honest.

Parker

i think that was coliseum.

Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2 were still pretty cool. putting in a Pokemon game into the transfer pak & playing with your team in Stadium was totally awesome :D

EDIT: btw, that is kinda what Kojima wants to do with transfarring

Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2 were still pretty cool. putting in a Pokemon game into the transfer pak & playing with your team in Stadium was totally awesome :D

EDIT: btw, that is kinda what Kojima wants to do with transfarring

I agree. I really liked Pokemon Stadium. I also liked Pokemon Snap lol. So many good memories of me throwing apples to pokemons and hitting them in the head.

I agree. I really liked Pokemon Stadium. I also liked Pokemon Snap lol. So many good memories of me throwing apples to pokemons and hitting them in the head.

throwing an apple through the waterfall & seeing a pissed off Gyarados pop out :P

Pokemon Snap is the only spinoff game I really cared for. It's so goofy it's hard not to like it.

Parker

Goofy games like that one rule most of the time.

They're either awesome or so terrible that you can't play them. Very few are just "okay."

I've just had the sudden urge to plug my N64 back in for a few hours of Pokemon Snap, which will inevitably lead to a few more hours of Harvest Moon 64 (one of the best games in the series, in my opinion.) Meh, sleep is overrated anyways.

Parker

They're either awesome or so terrible that you can't play them. Very few are just "okay."

I've just had the sudden urge to plug my N64 back in for a few hours of Pokemon Snap, which will inevitably lead to a few more hours of Harvest Moon 64 (one of the best games in the series, in my opinion.) Meh, sleep is overrated anyways.

Parker

I might as well go play Donkey Kong 64, Mario Party 3 or Star Wars: Rogue Squadron then :P .