DaRe

Wii U?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Will you get it?

• Yes
    • Maybe
    • No
    • Not if my life depended on it!

I've never been a fan of the Pokemon games on console. If they made an actual game like the ones on the handheld, instead of games like Stadium I might change my mind though.

This. But they never will. Because they're stupid.

They're either awesome or so terrible that you can't play them. Very few are just "okay."

I've just had the sudden urge to plug my N64 back in for a few hours of Pokemon Snap, which will inevitably lead to a few more hours of Harvest Moon 64 (one of the best games in the series, in my opinion.) Meh, sleep is overrated anyways.

Parker

I like how this thread went from the WiiU to games we remember being awesome, not like there's a problem with that.

I agree with Harvest Moon 64.I've played Back to Nature for the PSX and it was great, but HM64 just felt right,

Think I'll bust out my copy assuming its still in the box, or maybe some Bomberman: The Second Attack!

On-topic: I might pick up the WiiU, depends if we get a Kirby game at launch, or maybe a Pokemon game where you can finally be a member of Team Rocket, or heck, a new Pokemon Snap game, the controller has a camera in it I think, don't see why we can't hunt them in our homes.

As Azakos has stated, Super Smash Bros. Would probably be the 1 thing i would actually wan't. Its the only thing i play on my wii, other than Mario Kart and Guitar Hero 3, along with netflix.

Nintendo is gonna have to to step it up big time for me.

I doo need my Gamecube game fix though :P Its the one system i won't let go of!

True, but why else would they deny their console the awesomeness of a real Pokemon RPG?

It sounds kinda bad, but it's possible that they know that with the handheld games they can still make an amazing profit without putting in as much work as they would have to for a console game.

It sounds kinda bad, but it's possible that they know that with the handheld games they can still make an amazing profit without putting in as much work as they would have to for a console game.

That actually sounds like something Nintendo would do.

• 1 month later...

Nope, no plans on getting this monstrosity in the least.

When we first got our Wii, we did enjoy a few games, but for the most part Nintendo has shown that they are the Masters of Shovelware, and continue to be so. As how the games have not improved for the Wii, there is no way I am gonna' invest in another Nintendo to receive the same crap selection of games.

See people like my sister are fine with their Wii where they only bought it for Wii sports and maybe Wii fit. They are not going to rush out and buy this new system.

I think that is what Nintendo learned with the 3DS all those sales didn't equal new fans to the system but instead people who bought into a gimmick and are happy with their old model. They failed to really build up a new fanbase and instead pissed off their old one.

I feel the WiiU is going to come back to haunt them but realistically they have nowhere else to go. They need to make a system to attract those gamers they lost, but they know they need to make it gimmicky to keep those Wii/DS gamers. So in the end we get this mess that no one wants (except the fanboys who just want Mario, Zelda and Pokemon over and over and despite them never changing each one is the best one yet)

I think Nintendo have fucked up with this one. There are so many variables involved that point towards disaster... One WiiU controller per console? Yeah, that's going to work. Plus, have you seen the controller?

E3-2011-The-Wii-U-Controller-1070486.jpg

Check out where the analogue sticks are positioned... Above the face buttons. Recipe for disaster imo.

Also... who the fuck wants to look at their controller when they're playing a console game?

I seriously doubt success for Ninty on this generation.

FYI that controller is used in tandem with up to 4 regular controllers, get all your info next time.

I personally am on the fence about this console. I love Nintendo but dammit I don't want to buy the Wii U and end up with another console full of shovelware titles. I do think the Wii U's controller is unique and can do some pretty awesome things but I need to see that Nintendo will implement it into their games and give us less shitty games too.

FYI that controller is used in tandem with up to 4 regular controllers, get all your info next time.

1. My original post was posted on the 26th of June. I really hope it didn't take up to 3 months for you to find out how many extra controllers would be able to be used...

2. I stated one WiiU controller per console, never just one controller full-stop. My statement still stands. It is pretty poor form for Nintendo to make it's controller a main selling point and at the same time limit how many can be used in conjunction with the console. We all know how well Nintendo does online capability. They've concentrated their efforts on local multiplayer for a long time and probably will continue to do so, what with the type of games they release. It's not going to be much fun when Player 1 is the only person using the 'decent' controller. Can you imagine playing PS3 with your mates if only one of you could use the Dual-Shock and the rest had to put up with a PS1-era pre-analogue number...

300px-PSX-Original-Controller.jpg

3. I do actually take offence at the 'know all your info' statement. Not from you personally, because I respect ya. But I actually do a lot of research and am somewhat of an information addict, and nothing has piqued my interest more than gaming, so my knowledge of the industry would be pretty substantial. I just call things how I see them, and in this instance, it clearly looks like Nintendo are trying to 'out-innovate' Sony and Microsoft, and this will lead to their downfall. The reason being is that core-gamers don't really give a fuck about fancy peripherals, they just want good games. With the average age of gamers rising, Ninty are going to be left behind catering for the pre-teen market when it's the adult gamers who actually have the money to spend. When it's a choice between a console that can play your Uncharted's, inFamous's, and Resistance's, or even Gears Of War's, Forza's and Halo's, I can bet that the WiiU will be left on the shelf by all except the most hardcore Zelda and Mario fans. Which to be fair, there are a few of those... Just not as many as there used to be now that those are the only good games released on a Nintendo console these days. When I used to smash out the SNES every day this was not the case.

• Like 1

1. My original post was posted on the 26th of June. I really hope it didn't take up to 3 months for you to find out how many extra controllers would be able to be used...

2. I stated one WiiU controller per console, never just one controller full-stop. My statement still stands. It is pretty poor form for Nintendo to make it's controller a main selling point and at the same time limit how many can be used in conjunction with the console. We all know how well Nintendo does online capability. They've concentrated their efforts on local multiplayer for a long time and probably will continue to do so, what with the type of games they release. It's not going to be much fun when Player 1 is the only person using the 'decent' controller. Can you imagine playing PS3 with your mates if only one of you could use the Dual-Shock and the rest had to put up with a PS1-era pre-analogue number...

300px-PSX-Original-Controller.jpg

3. I do actually take offence at the 'know all your info' statement. Not from you personally, because I respect ya. But I actually do a lot of research and am somewhat of an information addict, and nothing has piqued my interest more than gaming, so my knowledge of the industry would be pretty substantial. I just call things how I see them, and in this instance, it clearly looks like Nintendo are trying to 'out-innovate' Sony and Microsoft, and this will lead to their downfall. The reason being is that core-gamers don't really give a fuck about fancy peripherals, they just want good games. With the average age of gamers rising, Ninty are going to be left behind catering for the pre-teen market when it's the adult gamers who actually have the money to spend. When it's a choice between a console that can play your Uncharted's, inFamous's, and Resistance's, or even Gears Of War's, Forza's and Halo's, I can bet that the WiiU will be left on the shelf by all except the most hardcore Zelda and Mario fans. Which to be fair, there are a few of those... Just not as many as there used to be now that those are the only good games released on a Nintendo console these days. When I used to smash out the SNES every day this was not the case.

Forgive me that was my mistake, point taken.

Forgive me. I didn't want to come across as a dick, lol, because, as I said, you have my respect.

Nah I didn't take it that way. On a side note I'm not going to buy this console day one. I am waiting to see what games will be available to the console, the fact that it will have games such as Batman Arkham City is very promising.

Nah I didn't take it that way. On a side note I'm not going to buy this console day one. I am waiting to see what games will be available to the console, the fact that it will have games such as Batman Arkham City is very promising.

But AC will be almost a year old by that time. That was what was so disappointing about Nintendo E3 conference was they kept announcing all the great 3rd party games they will have...a year after they came out on ps3 and 360. Why would I want to buy another system to play the games that I can already play on my systems now?

But AC will be almost a year old by that time. That was what was so disappointing about Nintendo E3 conference was they kept announcing all the great 3rd party games they will have...a year after they came out on ps3 and 360. Why would I want to buy another system to play the games that I can already play on my systems now?

This right here, and another thing that has me thinking is, how much are they going to cost? By the time these games release on it wouldn't it be a lot cheaper to buy them on other consoles? :huh:

I'll still get the WiiU one day, but while I still have other options I don't see that happening for a while.

• 2 months later...

I bought a Wii and thought it was lame so I sent it to my parents house and they keep it for when my cousins visit. I think that the original system was innovative, but the company lacked vision in maintaining their competitive edge. The Kinect and Move are 2x the technology Wii would have ever been. I assume Wii U will be a quick "wow" then out...