38 members have voted

1. 1. Will you get it?

• Yes
    • Maybe
    • No
    • Not if my life depended on it!

wut

:(

It's an exhange rate thing. We all know that the UK pays more than the US for technology, the Eurozone pays more than the UK, Australia pays more than the Eurozone and NZ pays more than Australia. So after you've gone through all that you'll be looking at like a bazillion dollars or something.

It's an exhange rate thing. We all know that the UK pays more than the US for technology, the Eurozone pays more than the UK, Australia pays more than the Eurozone and NZ pays more than Australia. So after you've gone through all that you'll be looking at like a bazillion dollars or something.

I can haz loan?

The Wii U will be a flop unless some great games are made for it. I'll buy it if there are great games for it.

I don't agree. The Wii has bugger all good games on it (5 at last count), and it's still a great success. The Saturn had some true gems and it still flopped, as did the Dreamcast. I wish it were as simple as "it'll do well if it deserves to do well" but that's not how things work in our weird-ass industry.

I don't agree. The Wii has bugger all good games on it (5 at last count), and it's still a great success. The Saturn had some true gems and it still flopped, as did the Dreamcast. I wish it were as simple as "it'll do well if it deserves to do well" but that's not how things work in our weird-ass industry.

Casuals (read: >60% of the Wii userbase) are happy with their current Wiis though, and won't upgrade to the Wii U, especially if it is expensive. It'll flop.

Maybe. Depends on whether there'll be actual third party support or not, and how expensive it is.

This pile of dirt will sell respectably, though not as well as the Wii has, and everyone will praise it for its supposed "innovation" despite it being a pile of crap.

Since when did this thread became about Uncharted 3?

No way will I be getting this. I already have a Wii, and I honestly think it sucks. I'm someone who has never really been a fan of Nintendo games (it's before my time, I guess) and I just really disliked the Wii's motion control. I don't think I've played the Wii in about 2 years or so, so why would I buy a new device? Besides, I'm already gonna be outta money after this fall and winter with all the great games coming out, AND the Vita being released.

No way will I be getting this. I already have a Wii, and I honestly think it sucks. I'm someone who has never really been a fan of Nintendo games (it's before my time, I guess) and I just really disliked the Wii's motion control. I don't think I've played the Wii in about 2 years or so, so why would I buy a new device? Besides, I'm already gonna be outta money after this fall and winter with all the great games coming out, AND the Vita being released.

Nintendo's first party lineup is better than Sony's and Microsoft's, not so much on the Wii but on the Gamecube and N64.

I never had a Gamecube, nor a N64... Like I said, those consoles are before my time. :P

The Nintendo 64 came out in 1996 (1997 in the US) and got discontinued in 2001. The Cube came out in 2001 and I think it got discontinued in 2007-2008, so your argument is invalid.

The Nintendo 64 came out in 1996 (1997 in the US) and got discontinued in 2001. The Cube came out in 2001 and I think it got discontinued in 2007-2008, so your argument is invalid.

yay i was barely alive when the N64 came out :D

Since when did this thread became about Uncharted 3?

Oh, Nagflar, you're so droll. Go and (unnecessarily, IMO) hate on what will probably be a perfectly solid, if slightly unambitious sequel, in the appropriate forum. :P

I watched E3 and laughed when they announced the name. I really dont understand the giant media fuss about it. The specs for the system is on par with the HD 360 and you have to pay for Nintendo's proprietary discs. The rumour about it only being able to handle 2 Wii U controllers is off putting, not to mention that you will probably have to shell out hundreds of dollars just for the controller on its own. It's just a no Nintendo. Sorry.

• Like 1

I watched E3 and laughed when they announced the name. I really dont understand the giant media fuss about it. The specs for the system is on par with the HD 360 and you have to pay for Nintendo's proprietary discs. The rumour about it only being able to handle 2 Wii U controllers is off putting, not to mention that you will probably have to shell out hundreds of dollars just for the controller on its own. It's just a no Nintendo. Sorry.

Actually, last time I read, it will only support 1 controller, so at least you won't have to buy another one to play games (unless it breaks, that is).