Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Campaign Remaster (Rumor)

snakebit10

16 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

Wasn't it said by someone from Activision last week this isn't getting a Remaster? Not Remastering MW3, W@W or Ops 1&2 would be daft I think. Doesn't make any sense to just Remaster MW1 & 2. 

At this point I am beginning to wonder if it is true or not. I made this thread last year, because there were reports that it was already finished. I don't know what to think now. I doubt they will reveal it whenever they reveal this years COD.

It don't make sense if they only remaster MW 1& 2 and not 3.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Voland44 said:

nah, black ops 1-2 remasters have more chances to be real, and yet we dont have even rumors about them. though Black Ops 1 remaster would perfectly fit Cold War release. and yet, you somehow waiting for WaW remaster. there more chances for another WW2 cod with soviet/pacific campaign, lol

World at War for sure has a higher chance of being remastered than Black Ops 1 and 2. To say that World at War will never be remastered is just dumb. It's an older game than BO1 and BO2 and therefore in more need of a remaster. Why do you think COD4 was the first Infinity Ward title to get a remaster? Because it's older and because it came first. Treyarch aren't going to work backwards with their remasters. Come on now. I'll be sure to come back to your smart-ass message when World at War gets remastered lmao.

6 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

Wasn't it said by someone from Activision last week this isn't getting a Remaster? Not Remastering MW3, W@W or Ops 1&2 would be daft I think. Doesn't make any sense to just Remaster MW1 & 2. 

It would make no sense to not remaster 3 and round out the trilogy. In fact I'm pretty sure it's been all but confirmed that it's coming. The only thing I can think of that would prevent it is the recent controversy Activision's been facing to do with sexual harassment of women in the workplace and whatnot.

17 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

Wouldn't be the first time activision lied to us. I just guess they are delaying the game even further. Looks like they've become pretty confident in CoD2021 so they don't feel the need to release it now to promote 2021. My guess is that they use it as a promo for mw2022 next year, even tho the game is probably already kinda outdated then. There were several believable rumors that this game was almost finished at the same time, when mw2r was completed (2018)

• Like 2

Releasing MW 3 Campaign Remastered on time for the 10th anniversary (8 November) would've been a good move. Not going to happen, I guess. ? At least for now. CoD'21 is supposedly another WWII one. Yawn. The WWII setting has been done to death. Whenever Black Ops 2 is remastered, I'll get it. I like how that one made some changes, with multiple endings and the Strike Force missions. BO3 also feels unique, with its Cybercore system giving special powers like Firefly Swarm, Mass Weapon Lockout, and Remote Hijack.

19 hours ago, westersburg said:

My guess is that they use it as a promo for mw2022 next year, even tho the game is probably already kinda outdated then.

Sounds likely to me, remembering how MW2 CR followed soon after MW '19. If CoD '22 is a MW sequel, I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to release MW3 CR in the following March or April. It would've been better if they had released all the MW original trilogy remasters together, like EA just did with Mass Effect Legendary Edition.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RadiantFlamberge said:

Releasing MW 3 Campaign Remastered on time for the 10th anniversary (8 November) would've been a good move. Not going to happen, I guess. 1f641.png At least for now. CoD'21 is supposedly another WWII one. Yawn. The WWII setting has been done to death. Whenever Black Ops 2 is remastered, I'll get it. I like how that one made some changes, with multiple endings and the Strike Force missions. BO3 also feels unique, with its Cybercore system giving special powers like Firefly Swarm, Mass Weapon Lockout, and Remote Hijack.

Sounds likely to me, remembering how MW2 CR followed soon after MW '19. If CoD '22 is a MW sequel, I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to release MW3 CR in the following March or April. It would've been better if they had released all the MW original trilogy remasters together, like EA just did with Mass Effect Legendary Edition.

Personally i think bo3 campaign was one of the worst single player experiences i had in any shooter. WW2 setting was actually kinda dead in 2007 when cod stepped away from it, but after 2008 we only had one ww2 themed cod so i think the other settings are more dead in that sense right now. Also we'll have a great alternative (at least in multiplayer) with the modern setting of BF2042.

The reason why they didn't make a full trilogy already in 2016 is that they wanted to see how well a remaster including multiplayer would be appreciated by the community. MWR drove away a lot of intention from IW towards MWR, that's the reason why they didn't include multiplayer in MW2R. Same with MW3R probably. To make it equally succesfull in sales they would need to include all the microtransactions the current cod multiplayer have and a lot of die hard fans (including me) wouldn't be so pleased about that. Also MW2 and MW3 had a lot of ballance issues that the people accepted back then, but today's community couldn't handle. Literally no one would play MW2022 if a full MW Trilogy with multiplayer would release close by. It would be just warzone and MW-Trilogy then.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, westersburg said:

Personally i think bo3 campaign was one of the worst single player experiences i had in any shooter. WW2 setting was actually kinda dead in 2007 when cod stepped away from it, but after 2008 we only had one ww2 themed cod so i think the other settings are more dead in that sense right now. Also we'll have a great alternative (at least in multiplayer) with the modern setting of BF2042.

The reason why they didn't make a full trilogy already in 2016 is that they wanted to see how well a remaster including multiplayer would be appreciated by the community. MWR drove away a lot of intention from IW towards MWR, that's the reason why they didn't include multiplayer in MW2R. Same with MW3R probably. To make it equally succesfull in sales they would need to include all the microtransactions the current cod multiplayer have and a lot of die hard fans (including me) wouldn't be so pleased about that. Also MW2 and MW3 had a lot of ballance issues that the people accepted back then, but today's community couldn't handle. Literally no one would play MW2022 if a full MW Trilogy with multiplayer would release close by. It would be just warzone and MW-Trilogy then.

It didn't help they told the entire real story in the fast scrolling text before each mission starts

On 10.08.2021 at 0:33 AM, ImMagnetz said:

It's an older game than BO1 and BO2 and therefore in more need of a remaster. Why do you think COD4 was the first Infinity Ward title to get a remaster? Because it's older and because it came first

you definetly not understand how games chosen to be remastered

On 11.08.2021 at 3:16 PM, westersburg said:

definetly MW3 remaster would be without multiplayer. i mean, we would have modern warfare 2 in 2022. there no point of supporting another MP of "modern warfare". and on dated mw1-2 remasters engine.

i still dont understand whats the point of keeping finished MW3 remester unreleased for months. maybe its not that finished, after all. i think MW3 mostly developed but abandoned cus Cold War(and now Vanguard) need additional help. probably after MW2022 release, there would be window to finish it.

On 11.08.2021 at 3:16 PM, westersburg said:

they would need to include all the microtransactions the current cod multiplayer have and a lot of die hard fans (including me) wouldn't be so pleased about that

this is just skins, lol. im totally appreciate MTX cus game updates become free instead of paid season pass

Edited by Voland44