Cheaters Already?

5 hours ago, Dangisuckatgamin said:

Wow. Glad I didn't buy this then. PC users ruin crossplay completely. 

Just turn cross play off

2 hours ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

Can you just turn off crossplay? If you're crossplaying with PC players, it's pretty much guaranteed you're playing with at least a few cheaters.

Yes. It also helps to find matches quicker

While I haven't played this game yet, my suggestion is turn off cross play if you can. There are many that have learned to program in cheats before even having the game and these cheats can work on any FPS game. They are creating and programming in cheats in the kernal code of the OS. And since the cheat is in the kernal code, games can't detect this cheating since none of the code for the game itself was tampered. The most common one is essentially an aim bot that will almost always land head shots from just about anywhere. Some have gotten so bad they even going through walls. There are other possible cheats as well but it's got, ironically, a lot of people now asking to not have cross play. 

13 hours ago, GizMo_The_Great said:

So I am not 100% sure that these are cheaters, or if it’s exploits, or just some general bugs. But I’ve certainly had my fair share of unexplained unfairness.

So here’s the main ones I’ve had. All the suspected cheaters are PC users.

1. Getting shot and killed almost instantly, from across the map. Every shot hits me in the head, it’s from a sniper rifle that seems to magically have automatic fire, and doesn’t miss; no matter how fast you are moving.

2. When I initiate my self destruct, some players have disarmed it instantly. Now I know the little disarming mini game isn’t too hard. But it should take at least a few seconds. But I’ve seen a fireteam member run up to my corpse, and instantly disarm it.. I’ve seen another stand over me, teabag until it’s about to blow up, then instantly disarm it. 
 (I’ve also witnessed other fireteam members do this while I’m playing fireteam)

3. While in a full fireteam with friends. We encountered a predator that was basically teleporting around in T-pose. He would appear in front of you, fire his netgun, then vanish. (Not cloak, literally vanish)

He wasn’t killing us or anything, simply trolling us. 

Now I can’t verify that these are all cheaters, some could be exploits, glitches, lag, bugs. But they are very fishy. 

I play for fun and I really don’t care if I win or lose, but I’d prefer to have a fair game. So I just wanted to see if anyone else has encountered similar issues. 

Haven't figured out the mini game how do you do it? 

Just turn off the Crossplay like I did and you have no Cheater Problem. Isn't that difficult, isn't it.

11 hours ago, Dangisuckatgamin said:

Just turn Crossplay off, where is the Problem!

Edited by Sikutai

5 hours ago, freshruinz said:

Haven't figured out the mini game how do you do it? 

you have to match the symbols.

14 hours ago, Dangisuckatgamin said:

it is a pretty fun game, I really like it. It’s just not advised to have cross play on, at least at this moment in time.

I understand the idea of “turn crossplay off”. I do in games that have it. But unless the game is free or call of duty the likelihood you find more than a handful of people is low.

i can’t speak for this game of course, maybe it has a large enough player base who play without crossplay now.

Oh, and anti cheat softwares do not help. So don’t expect a resolution to this. 

• 4 weeks later...

I've noticed that when playing as Predator against a mostly PC fireteam, they can see me immediately and inflict massive damage very quickly. They are able to track me across the map and keep up with me even as I'm jumping through the trees and long jumping across large areas. I have never had this problem with PS4 fire teams, They turn the Predator into the hunted rather than the hunter and are constantly right on top of you no matter what you do. I've battled against some really good teams, but on a few different occasions, I've run across these PC teams that just tear me apart. Something isn't right.   

On 4/25/2020 at 0:11 PM, GizMo_The_Great said:

So I am not 100% sure that these are cheaters, or if it’s exploits, or just some general bugs. But I’ve certainly had my fair share of unexplained unfairness.

So here’s the main ones I’ve had. All the suspected cheaters are PC users.

1. Getting shot and killed almost instantly, from across the map. Every shot hits me in the head, it’s from a sniper rifle that seems to magically have automatic fire, and doesn’t miss; no matter how fast you are moving.

2. When I initiate my self destruct, some players have disarmed it instantly. Now I know the little disarming mini game isn’t too hard. But it should take at least a few seconds. But I’ve seen a fireteam member run up to my corpse, and instantly disarm it.. I’ve seen another stand over me, teabag until it’s about to blow up, then instantly disarm it. 
 (I’ve also witnessed other fireteam members do this while I’m playing fireteam)

3. While in a full fireteam with friends. We encountered a predator that was basically teleporting around in T-pose. He would appear in front of you, fire his netgun, then vanish. (Not cloak, literally vanish)

He wasn’t killing us or anything, simply trolling us. 

Now I can’t verify that these are all cheaters, some could be exploits, glitches, lag, bugs. But they are very fishy. 

I play for fun and I really don’t care if I win or lose, but I’d prefer to have a fair game. So I just wanted to see if anyone else has encountered similar issues. 

i had a similar encounter with one pc player using a marksman rifle. he was a constant automatic hit so long as there was not an obstruction (tree, rock etc)  between me and him

On 4/26/2020 at 9:34 AM, Dangisuckatgamin said:

I understand the idea of “turn crossplay off”. I do in games that have it. But unless the game is free or call of duty the likelihood you find more than a handful of people is low.

i can’t speak for this game of course, maybe it has a large enough player base who play without crossplay now.

Oh, and anti cheat softwares do not help. So don’t expect a resolution to this. 

I play with crossplay off since about 1 week after launch. wait times are about the same as they were when i was playing with crossplay

• Like 1