Trophy Thought !

2 hours ago, LordBilbanes said:

I want the game, but not sure if I want to get it for PS4.  I might look into a Steam release since I couldn't care less about Steam achievements.  I care very much about PSN trophies and this game may have a Platinum that is out of reach for me.

You could always just hide the trophies for this game from your trophy lists. I did that with World of Tanks since I got it just to try and have no intention of ever playing it again. I got one trophy for it for accessing the shop...

On 4/27/2020 at 9:00 PM, FrostyMcNugs said:

You could always just hide the trophies for this game from your trophy lists. I did that with World of Tanks since I got it just to try and have no intention of ever playing it again. I got one trophy for it for accessing the shop...

Even if you hide the game, doesn't it still show up as unearned/lower completion % on your psnprofiles?

1 hour ago, RGCommander said:

Even if you hide the game, doesn't it still show up as unearned/lower completion % on your psnprofiles?

Hm... I don't think so. It would hide the game as a whole from your profile as such that you never even played it. If anything, it would raise your completion percentage.

On 5/8/2020 at 3:26 PM, FrostyMcNugs said:

Hm... I don't think so. It would hide the game as a whole from your profile as such that you never even played it. If anything, it would raise your completion percentage.

I'll have to try this then, as there are several games I test played years ago and only popped 1 or 2 trophies on and have no intentions of going back to them.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Since no one is talking, and it took me forever searching forums for a reliable answer. To have an easier time getting SS Ranks in all of Gunvolt 1, simply from scratch, create new save file under Easy Mode, then finally the Challenges there. You keep all Kudos unless you die (good luck) or bank them by using an Offensive Skill. This will save many headaches and make the Plat more achievable.

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

Plat should be easily achievable with the advice above. You just need to make sure you're being efficient with your kills and racking up as many triples and electric bonuses as possible. 

To make it even easier, craft the necklace that gives Kudos bonuses. 

The main levels are easy enough to play through on your first run through but you'll thank the Easy mode if you gave issues dodging some of the bosses like I do. 

• Like 2

Finished up the trophies on Gunvolt 1 last night. 

If you play easy mode after your first clear (NOT KUDOS GUTLESS, Easy mode!) the S+ ranks become pretty cake. 

It becomes more about your own creativity in attacking multiple enemies at once vs the regular run where one hit and you're hitting restart. 

A few miscellaneous tips:

1) You can Google the jewels locations. They are easy to get. 

2) A few tips for challenges: Do them in Easy mode bc they contain the S+ ranks. 

A: Early bird. You need to triple jump or get creative up to a higher platform in the level, it's fairly early on before any wormholes. You'll only go through one this way. 

B:  Bug Zapper: Just go slow and keep using the flashfield anytime the flies appear. 

C: Firearms only - Use Urban run or the first level. No Firearms - Super easy because your flashfield in easy mode kills just about anything. 

3) Songs - 1,000 Kudos in all levels but not special missions. You need to CLEAR the level for it to count I'm pretty sure. The other song you need is the anthem song, talk to joule then die in a level. 

4) S+ Ranks: These become pretty trivial in easy mode. Create the Lethal Leviawhatever + and just make sure you clear the level quickly. It's better to miss a couple enemies than miss the 5* time due to the multiplier. That said don't miss too many and try to kill them all. 

Edited by GodKaio-Ken
  • Like 1