Nintendo Announces 2DS

Crisis001

It's designed for kids, why so much hate for something that isn't intended for you? (Judging by some of the comments here that is debatable)

Because the 3ds was already basically a DS with 3d capabilities so all of us with a DS could no longer play the new games. Now Nintendo has basically said "you all hate the 3d so here is your ds again...but you still can't play the new games"

If the 3ds looked and played like the Vita I would say "fine I need a new system to play those games because they are clearly a huge improvement over the last gen" but they didn't do that, they tacked on a shitty gimmick that no one liked and they now took that gimmick away making it even worse.

• Like 2

Nintendo is pulling an Activision! pretty soon they are going to stop selling consoles, and just keep selling the same old games with new names.

Where have you been the last 20 years? That is exactly what Nintendo has always done. 

Parker

i think it's right for them to release this since there is market that can't play with 3D on so they don't need the function entirely

BUT THE DESIGN IS FUCKING TERRIBLE

THAT IS NOT A PORTABLE DEVICE

if i ever see anyone with that in public i'll burst out laughing

Edited by Absolute Brawl3r

I totally called it. I've actually been waiting for this to happen since the 3DS was announced.

I just was not willing to pay extra $$ for a gimmicky feature that I was never going to use.

Granted those were the days when the 3DS still cost $250, but I still wasn't interested in them after the price drop.

Now as far as the whole Leapfrog-esque gaming pad they designed......I did NOT see that one coming.

Bravo Nintendo. You have trolled me and my desires well. I still might get one of these though :P

Edited by rsoto1125

I totally called it. I've actually been waiting for this to happen since the 3DS was announced.

I just was not willing to pay extra $$ for a gimmicky feature that I was never going to use.

Granted those were the days when the 3DS still cost $250, but I still wasn't interested in them after the price drop.

Now as far as the whole Leapfrog-esque gaming pad they designed......I did NOT see that one coming.

Bravo Nintendo. You have trolled me and my desires well. I still might get one of these though :P

I don't use the 3D much if at all.

BUT I want the ability to play 3DS games.

I might be tempted if I could trade my 3DS XL in for more than the cost of the 2DS....