A Casual BACKLOG EVENT NOW FINISHED

Thats one more game completed I got the platinum for South Park The Stick of Truth.   That was a good call @arsenal4life1471  I forgot how good the South Park games are. I never got to complete the original version because that when my PS3 got the yelliw light error.  Nect I'll be playing through sniper elite 4 hopefully this one won't have some many trophy glitch like number 3 did for me.

Level 1
1.1 - Spider-Man

Level 2
2.1 - Journey
2.2 - Tonh Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 Remake

Level 3
3.1 - Lego Ninjago: Movie VideoGame
3.2 - Lego Marvel Avenger
3.3 - Danganronpa 2

Level 4
4.1 - COD: Modern Warfare Remastered
4.2 - Infamous: Second Son

4.3 - South Part: The Stick of Truth
4.4 - Sniper Elite 4

Level 5
5.1 - DeathStranding
5.2 - Tomb Raider: Shadow of the Tomb Rader
5.3 - Heavy Rain
5.4 - Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain
5.5 - Cyberpunk 2077

• Like 2

@Sword For some reason I can't open the spoiler - I'd like to read it, I might go back someday, but not in the near future. At some time - I'll get an urge to complete it. And btw don't apologise for the long posts mine are too lol.

I agree the field music is really great. And to be fair almost all games can always benefit from having more memorable music as battle themes for example. You always want more lol

Yea I did notice the hyper armor, but only on the later bosses. About the same point I started noticing that I had some hyper armor myself, I guess that is like dependant on you defence stats or something?

Are there artes that are better to use to break hyper armor and the like? I did get the skills for improving the base combo, it was like +1, +2 and then I think the fell arms weapon also had a similar skill when you had defeated the secret boss. It felt nice, when it got extended, but I'm afraid that I missed the skill that lets me chain skills (unless it's still later - or maybe I just overlooked it) I had been wondering what the chaining meant. I also think that there are so many ways to combine your skills and artes that, that's where the fun in trying different things comes from. Here's also to hoping the Tales of Arise have some more action element, but still doesn't "dumb down" on all the loadout choices that are here for example. It's difficult to appeal to all and both of these worlds, but I'm positive that it can be done, and maybe find a kind of middle ground. I'm excited to see some gameplay from. Do you know how much is known about the game?

I'm not sure if I would use the manual mode when playing, It's just the thing I found a bit annoying is when you're trying to hit a moving enemy and predict where to hit, the semi-auto moves you to worse position. Also I think there were some quick-tactics you can use for your team, but I didn't really get around to using it either. They did fine mostly on their own. I really like the item system, where they ask if they should use items, and then you approve

I'll definitely look out for Berseria also maybe look at some gameplay. I also think that the more you play a series, the more you will start liking the combat and other elements. Also because you start understanding the essentials from the get go, and you can then focus on the little details etc. to make it even better. That is the relationship I have to Kingdom Hearts games that I love every game from to an irrational degree lol. Like you love ToV despite it's flaws. We all have those games where we can see the flaws and possibilities for improvements, but they don't really matter at all because you love the game as it is already. 

I'll also definitely look out for Tales of Arise, because it sounds really interesting with the new mechanics, and a modernized version of "classic" Tales. I hope it ends up well without too many flaws - hopefully not ending up as a glitchy mess - rather have it delayed lol

• Like 1

small update for me, thanks to the advice from @arsenal4life1471 I decided to go with inFamous Second son as my next game.  And so far it hasn't disappointed.  I do remember now why I put this game down.  I had tried to play this game the first time during the spring break of my senior year of college, and well it didn't get finished obviously.  I would have gone back sooner I think, but a year later my original PS4 and all the games I had for it got stolen when we got robbed, so it took me a while to rebuild what I had and get back into them.  I expect to be completely finished with this game in the next couple of days, so I will do a full update then :).  Side note I probably would have been finished by the start of this week had I not waited until Thursday morning to finally decide lol.

@MICSAM89 Congrats on the platinum. I love south park and love both the games! Whats next for you ??

@Spinacheq See I know how to pick them lol. I have only ever played Infamous 1 as im working through the series i got second son ready to play thanks to ps plus collection and first light on ps plus also just need to play 2 first.

Over this weekend just gone I Manage to push on and get the GX story finished on Yugioh which is great 5d's next. I have now just finished with Need for speed. To some it up in one word Meh! I really loved the previous 2 most wanted and rivals but this "reboot" was very meh! the setting was great though and the game did look good. I haven't completed the story as a mission has glitched for me but after 15 hours of play I really don't want to play no more lol.

LEVEL ONE
Kickbeat (PS VITA)

LEVEL TWO
Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2 (PS4)

Far Cry Primal (Ps4)

LEVEL THREE
Plants Vs Zombies (Ps3)

Prototype 1 (PS4)

Yu-gi-oh! Legacy of the duelist (Ps4)

LEVEL FOUR
Destruction All stars (Ps5)
Bugsnax (Ps5)

Need For Speed (Ps4)

Ratchet and Clank 1 (Ps3)

LEVEL FIVE

Resistance 2 (Ps3) 
Ratchet and Clank 2 (Ps3)
Homefront The Revolution (Ps4)

Plants vs zombies Battle For Neighborville (Ps4)

TableTop Racing World Tour (Ps4)

I'm Still going to work on yugioh in the background but the main focus for this month as i have previously have said was to play the last few Ea Access games i want to play. Over the weekend i have completed Peggle 2 and Mirrors Edge Catalyst, the later of which i was blown away by how fun it was so much so i have bidded for the original on ps3 on ebay lol. In terms of me getting those last few Ea games I have to more games i want to play of which one is on my pyramid but that will probably be played on the weekend the other is NFS heat (i hear its better fingers crossed.) I have 29 days to do those last two games in.  Whats next for me during the week im not sure.

• Like 2

Level 1:

Life Is Strange (100%)   COMPLETE: 1/12/2021

Level 2:

Marvel's Spiderman  (NG+/Ultimate playthrough)  COMPLETE: 1/14/2021

*SWAP* Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (Campaign on Veteran) COMPLETE: 1/19/2021

Level 3:

Homefront COMPLETE: 3/8/2021

Grand Theft Auto V (Story) COMPLETE 2/5/2021

Dead Nation (Completing story w/ all collectibles, maybe 100%)

Level 4:

Lego Indiana Jones 2 (100%)

Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee (100%)

Spy Chameleon (100%)

Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor (100%)

Level 5:

Stealth 2 Inc (100%)

Fallout: New Vegas (100%)

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin (100%)

Hitman Contracts (100%)

SteamWorld Dig (4-star playthrough)

Completed Homefront! I ended up enjoying this campaign a lot more than I'd remembered- but guerilla mode was brutal. It's a shame the servers got shut down but.. onto the next one! Planning on finishing up Spy Chameleon before the end of the month and then taking down Lego Indiana Jones II.

• Like 3

On 11/19/2020 at 7:58 PM, Kishnabe said:

Level 1

Killzone Mercenary Vita  :platinum: Nov 30th 2020

Level 2

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing PS3 :platinum: Jan 15th 2021

Resistance: Burning Skies Vita :platinum: Dec 20th 2020

Level 3

Truck Racer PS3 :platinum: Jan 25th 2021

Level 4

Magrunner: Dark Pulse PS3

Dokuro Vita
Rayman Orgins Vita

Level 5
Rayman Legends Vita

Spy Chameleon Vita

Foul Play Vita

------

Is it okay to play a bit of the lower tiered list (Play Digimon a bit before Platting Killzone)? 

Just finished Dragon Quest XI. My 500th platinum.

Edited by Kishnabe
  • Like 4

Update #3:

Finally getting something done..after playing lots of Elder Scrolls Online and Control lately I finally finished the campaign i COD BO: Cold War.. It was interesting at least :) 

Next up is probably Immortals, but who knows..new ESO update incoming next week and the kids wanting to grind Fortnite to level 225....=) 

I hope everyone is having an awesome year! 

Level 1

- Assassins Creed: Valhalla 

Level 2

- Cyberpunk 2077

- Unravel

Level 3

- Unravel 2

- Immortals Fenyx Rising

- Watchdogs Legion

Level 4

- Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War

- The Witcher 3: Blood & Wine

- Concrete Genie

- Doom Eternal

Level 5

-  Sniper Elite 4

-  Far Cry: New Dawn

-  Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

-  The Outer Worlds

-  Just Cause 4

Edited by markus851218
  • Like 2

UPDATE

LEVEL ONE

Uncharted: Drakes Fortune Remastered (PS4)

LEVEL TWO

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Remastered (PS4)

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Remastered (PS4)

LEVEL THREE

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (PS4)

The Last Of Us Remastered (PS4)

Marvel's Spider-Man (PS4)

LEVEL FOUR

Middle-earth: Shadow of War (PS4)

Just Cause 4 (PS4)

Shadow of the Colossus (PS4)

Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4)

LEVEL FIVE

Rise of the Tomb Raider (PS4)

Shadow of the Tomb Raider (PS4)

Detroit: Become Human (PS4)

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (PS4)

Dishonored 2 (PS4) 

• Like 2

UPDATE

LEVEL ONE

Uncharted: Drakes Fortune Remastered (PS4)

LEVEL TWO

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Remastered (PS4)

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Remastered (PS4)

LEVEL THREE

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (PS4)

The Last Of Us Remastered (PS4)

Marvel's Spider-Man (PS4)

LEVEL FOUR

Middle-earth: Shadow of War (PS4)

Just Cause 4 (PS4)

Shadow of the Colossus (PS4)

Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4)

LEVEL FIVE

Rise of the Tomb Raider (PS4)

Shadow of the Tomb Raider (PS4)

Detroit: Become Human (PS4)

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (PS4)

Dishonored 2 (PS4)

• Like 4

Woot Game completion update time!!!  (my favorite kind of update :) )

Got my platinum in inFamous Second Son today.  Probably should have finished it a few days earlier but after the good playthrough I needed a day or so for the evil playthrough, as you are truly evil....?

It was a great game,  excellent recommendation from @arsenal4life1471 to go with it.  The graphics were great, and since sucker punch studios is local to Seattle area, they did an amazing job of getting the city right, from the neon sign of the pink elephant car wash that I could see from my office break room window back in 2016 when I worked at the komo plaza next to the space needle.  All the way down to some of the places around town they couldn't get the rights to the names of but the signs and store fronts were exactly as they look in real life, well at least as they were back when the game was made in 2012 to 2014.  The city placement isn't exact but I can live with that.  The fun parody things like sasquatch coffee stands, instead of Bigfoot coffee stands.  The tweaks to the starbucks logo that made even my wife laugh.  The gameplay fun and and the controls were well balanced too.  Difficulty was hit and miss, and I say this as on expert mode, needed for the plat, it isn't much harder than on easy/normal mode.  only real difference is bad guys take a few more hits.  Not that this ruined anything for me.  The music was great as well, and they even featured music from local seattle bands.  Story was good, if not a little on the short side compared to the first 2 games.  I enjoyed the good playthrough a bit better than the evil one, though I was a little sad that they didn't carry the npc interadction over from the second one.  If you were good in that game the citizens would cheer you on, or distract the bad guys, if you were evil they would point your hiding place out, or throw rocks at you.  All in varying degrees of your karma level.  The powers were fun to play with and see all you could do, though by the end you get 4 different ones and you get them all the abilities associated with the different power types in a rush.  I learned by the second playthrough that one set of powers is pretty irrevelant to the story and I only got the minimal upgrades to the abilities to get through that section of the story.  I will forever enjoy the powerline grinding to get around in the first 2 games.  

My overall for this game is a 8/10.  Very fun and enjoyable game.  The only things that truly hurt the score were the length of the story compared to the first two entries in the series, the fact there seemed almost like there was 1 too many power sets, and that the interaction between the citizen npc's and the hero didn't make a difference based on the karma level.  ( through I did have fun shooting the sign spinners in the butt lol) all minor grievances thus the 2 point deduction, though I don't know if I could ever give a game a perfect 10/10, I think if I ever played one of those games I would have to stop playing video games forever lol.

LEVEL ONE
Kotodama: The 7 Mysteries of Fujisawa :platinum: (PS4) Fun story interesting concept for doing the multiple playthroughs 7/10 rating.

LEVEL TWO
Final Fantasy 15 :platinum: (PS4) Visually stunning, but lots of fluff and bland story 6/10 rating.
Trails of Cold Steel 3 (PS4)

LEVEL THREE
inFamous Second Son :platinum: (PS4)
Record of Agarest war 2 :platinum: (PS3) Nostalgic sprite models, and decent story 7/10 rating.
Trails of Cold Steel 4 (PS4)

LEVEL FOUR
Darksiders (PS3)

Detroit Become Human :platinum: (PS4)
Time and Eternity (PS3)
Thief (PS4)

LEVEL FIVE
Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree’s Woe and the Blight Below :platinum: (PS4) 6/10 rating.

Lost Dimension (PS3)

Murdered Soul Suspect :platinum:(PS4) Fun and interesting story, little too much on collectables 8/10 rating.
Drive Girls (Vita)

Song of Memories (PS4)

So on to the next game, since the last 2 were clean up games I am leaning towards a new one this time.  I am thinking Trails of Cold Steel 3, though I did just get a copy of Fairy Tail on ps4 so I might use my swap on that one for a different game on the list.

Good luck to all my pyramid peers out there, and may the POWER OF THE PRYAMID guide you to success.

• Like 3

Congrats @Spinacheq I haven't Managed to play INfamous second son yet lol I recommended it as i know from the previous games how good these games are. I remember this being the first "true" Ps4 game when it came out similar to what Ratchet and clank rift apart will be to the ps5. Good luck whatever game you play and if you want to use your swap then go ahead !! At least you will be playing your new game and ticking of a game on here at the same time :)

Another game done this time It was Homefront: The Revolution. For the price i paid for this game (£3.99) on Ps store it was money well spent. It definitely a Far cry clone for sure although at times it can be clunky but if you go into with openness to it being a game on a far lower budget than Far cry it was inspired by then you in for a treat. This game is lightyears better than the previous homefront game imo of which itself was a Knock off call of duty. You do have to be a little more stealthy in this game compared to far cry series as the korean army is far superior than you are at the start of which this kinda reminds of wolfenstien in a small way. This game is currently on sale atm as is the dlc (of which is only £2.99)and i would say only pick it up when its on sale if your unsure about it. @hittheroadbucky I know your a big Far cry fan so maybe a game for you? Fans of this game say the Dlc improves the game so i can't wait to try that out in the future.

LEVEL ONE
Kickbeat (PS VITA)

LEVEL TWO
Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2 (PS4)

Far Cry Primal (Ps4)

LEVEL THREE
Plants Vs Zombies (Ps3)

Prototype 1 (PS4)

Yu-gi-oh! Legacy of the duelist (Ps4)

LEVEL FOUR
Destruction All stars (Ps5)
Bugsnax (Ps5)

Need For Speed (Ps4)

Ratchet and Clank 1 (Ps3)

LEVEL FIVE

Resistance 2 (Ps3) 
Ratchet and Clank 2 (Ps3)
Homefront The Revolution (Ps4)

Plants vs zombies Battle For Neighborville (Ps4)

TableTop Racing World Tour (Ps4)

Next up its Table top racing/ PVZ Battle for neighborville for me Both games are fairly short being about 5-6 hours so i hope to get them both down this weekend fingers crossed.

• Like 4

So back with an update yet again (Kind of fast this time I think) 

Since last I completed Salt & Sanctuary - Aaand I also got the platinum for this :platinum: - which wasn't much harder than completing the game in the first play) - Most of the trophies are based on bosses, some are missable sort of questlines for different characters, where you have to meet them specific places at specific times - I ended up using a sort of progress route, so I could play through blindly, but still know what to look out for in different areas to not miss anything important. It is very much a sort of "souls game" Even though I do not really like the term lol. There are two trophies for different endings, I ended up doing the cloud save thing before the final boss, I'm not really compelled to play through the entire game for a little difference in the ending, though it is kind of cheating. It "only" took me 4 years and 10 months to finally complete this game and wow am I glad that I did pull through this game

It is an amazing game really, if you are a fan platformers, action-rpgs or any of the games fromsoftware, do yourself a favour and try this game out! The 2D spin on this genre works so well when it shouldn't. The combat feels great, the dodging is great, and all the enemy animation is just really well done, so you can really git gud. It is a little bit of a tough start if you go the wrong direction, the levelling up and skill tree seems really daunting at start and it might scare you to have to think of a build. To be honest the first time I played it I think I stopped because I couldn't find out the skill tree and it was too much to be choosing a build etc. To be honest it's really not the bad. If you find a weapon you like, then you should start with going for the skills correlating to that weapon type, and level up stats that correlate to that weapon as well. And try and stay with that type. Try some different things, because the more focused you are here the stronger you will become towards the end. You can also respec skill points with consumables you find through the game. 

One complain I have is that maybe it was actually a little on the easy side, when comparing the bosses in the middle to the bosses in the end. They stop hitting hard too hard or maybe I had a really good build apparently. They still felt really good to win against and that is the most important thing in this game. I even ended up finding and killing all the optional bosses that aren't required for platinum. I could keeping talking about this game, which you all should definitely play, but I will stop. I will say though as a last thing. The atmosphere is amazing in the game, and it gives me those bloodborne vibes, in terms of really creating it's own setting and intrigue to in the genre. It feels nowhere near a clone, though you can of course feel the inspiration. If you get the chance, give this game a chance you will not regret, don't be afraid of the "souls"-label, it is a great game!

Here is my pyramid at the moment:

d4fJzq5.png

The next game will be Dragon's Dogma, and it just finished downloading. I think I will be starting a new game on this, because it's been so long since I played it, and will probably begin later tonight. Game after should be oninaki and final game Hollow Knight. I can feel it coming closer to an end, but I can also feel that I left some long and difficult games for last. Not sure if I will be going for platinum in Dragon's Dogma, depends on how much guide following it requires. I'd like to just play the game and maybe know the points at which I should have done things so I don't miss them. I will be searching up on it before starting. Also can't wait for character creation - will probably not even be playing the actual game lol

Hope it's going good for you all. I will be done with this pyramid soon, and I am starting to consider games for the next one

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Spinacheq said:

Woot Game completion update time!!!  (my favorite kind of update :) )

Got my platinum in inFamous Second Son today.  Probably should have finished it a few days earlier but after the good playthrough I needed a day or so for the evil playthrough, as you are truly evil....?

I really like inFamous Second Son, it was one of my first games for the PS4 when I got it. It is just such a fun game overall

Did you get the chance to play inFamous First Light? Kind of an expansion the Second Son game :))