Epic is basically not supporting this game anymore

OmegaRejectz

They aren't completely cutting off the game... Basically, there will be no more rehauls of systems such as the Hero Loadout system or the Perk Rerolls. There will still be updates introducing new content, but honestly that will probably be one new hero every 2 months. We will have to see what the Ventures update is like when it comes out. If all the players thinks it is bad, then I think the game will die for sure. Also, they stated that they will still be fixing bugs, so the trophies will hopefully get fixed in the next update as long as enough players try to bring it to their attention. I've already told all the people in my trophy hunting group to send bug reports, who knows if it is enough.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, McDermottx94 said:

What exactly is the issue with the achievements? I only have 3 left to obtain (10K survivors, 1.5K PWO and 1.5K Explorations). Are these part of the buggy trophies?

The trophies won’t pop at all when completing any trophy objectives or challenges. 

Edited by Ichiban-Hybrid
  • Like 1

I'm not exactly sure what's going on, but they're not exactly supporting the Battle Royale mode either. Several challenges for it have been bugged for weeks, bugged so bad their solution was to just autocomplete the challenge for everyone. A key feature in the new season, whirlpools, have been broken and disabled for nearly 2 weeks, and big surprise, they're needed for challenges. One of them was autocompleted today, so it seems like they never plan on fixing it. I guess it has to do with them working from home and not having the resources to fix things, but then again, Epic is a very silent company, they won't even publish patch notes for the game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Edx5005 said:

Are the achievements working on x box tho? It may be a PlayStation problem

Yeah the achievements are working fine on the Xbox side. Seems to be primarily PS4.

Hang in there. Epic has fixed the trophy list several times before, chances are they'll do it again. :)

When I was hunting it, the game had several bugs. And big ones. Most notably the lack of support for Endurance mode. Geez, I still have PTSD for grinding for mist monsters. Around wave 19 the game crashed every time, and my count and time were lost. 

It's really sad that a game with such potential has lost the interest of their creators. I loved building in missions and seeing all those trap tunnels were awesome, but Epic never intended to open up the possibility of new gameplay mechanics, for missions and heroes loadouts. Yes, BR engulfed its own brother into self because of rea$on$. Evidently, was a buissness move, and by how Tencent is moving in recent times, we shouldn't blame them. Free-to-play games are more favourable because people have  the chance to try it without investing anything. 

4 hours ago, Caesar Clown said:

I'm not exactly sure what's going on, but they're not exactly supporting the Battle Royale mode either. Several challenges for it have been bugged for weeks, bugged so bad their solution was to just autocomplete the challenge for everyone. A key feature in the new season, whirlpools, have been broken and disabled for nearly 2 weeks, and big surprise, they're needed for challenges. One of them was autocompleted today, so it seems like they never plan on fixing it. I guess it has to do with them working from home and not having the resources to fix things, but then again, Epic is a very silent company, they won't even publish patch notes for the game.

The did it weeks after season 12 came out. It had a good communication with fans and customers, but now they went silent. It's really sad. People used the game more for leeching v-bucks with daily missions, and because some of them were at Twine Peaks, they took the time to actual play and learn the game; but as soon as this happen, the player base drop significantly. 

• Like 1

On 02/07/2020 at 0:29 PM, VigilantCrow said:

Hopefully the trophies get fixed again. This isn't the first time the trophies have been broken.

I'm less than 80 games away from getting my last 2 trophies. I'd be pretty pissed if the plat was unobtainable after approximately 1500 hours of grinding lol.

If they don't get fixed report it to BBB since it's a campaign people paid for.

On 7/16/2020 at 6:43 PM, Caesar Clown said:

I think it has to do with officially going out of early access. All patches have to go through certification process which probably is more thorough if the game is not in early access, so they pretended to be in early access for 3 years to be able to patch game frequently (every week?) with new skins and hotfixes. After they officially ended early access with latest patch I expect new patches to come out in much slower pace than before even if they mess up something in BR mode.

Edited by KingSkovald

On 7/2/2020 at 3:54 AM, Lord_Bane999 said:

It's not gonna be unavailable anytime soon Epic already said they plan to keep it in the article but they will be no longer including no further cosmetics and such with it.

The only reason why they had to get rid of the old packs was because of them leaving early access which is what they were for. And again the new pack that came out today has the Campaign access in it. I doubt Epic will shut it down it's already there and it gives them just that little extra value they can toss on future packs even.

It’s clear they don’t care about the game/mode. They’re definitely abandoning it, they aren’t gonna fix major bugs, they aren’t gonna spend the making future cosmetics work, they aren’t gonna develop any more actual content for it. They might keep the servers for it going for 5 more years because of how cheap they are but they aren’t gonna sink any more dev time into it. STW is dead. Epic killed it.

On 7/16/2020 at 2:20 PM, Xenoblast91 said:

When I was hunting it, the game had several bugs. And big ones. Most notably the lack of support for Endurance mode. Geez, I still have PTSD for grinding for mist monsters. Around wave 19 the game crashed every time, and my count and time were lost. 

It's really sad that a game with such potential has lost the interest of their creators. I loved building in missions and seeing all those trap tunnels were awesome, but Epic never intended to open up the possibility of new gameplay mechanics, for missions and heroes loadouts. Yes, BR engulfed its own brother into self because of rea$on$. Evidently, was a buissness move, and by how Tencent is moving in recent times, we shouldn't blame them. Free-to-play games are more favourable because people have  the chance to try it without investing anything. 

The did it weeks after season 12 came out. It had a good communication with fans and customers, but now they went silent. It's really sad. People used the game more for leeching v-bucks with daily missions, and because some of them were at Twine Peaks, they took the time to actual play and learn the game; but as soon as this happen, the player base drop significantly. 

They’ve had awful communication with the playerbase (even with BR) since Chapter 11. Content has slowed down, they don’t address players concerns, they don’t release patch notes (and when they started to it was via a shitty email to influencers)... I’m still enjoying the BR but less so than previously.

Server maintenance for new patch started a couple of minutes ago so new patch will arrive soon.

But that trello ticket still has "Investigating" status, probably the lowest priority...

UPD: patch has arrived

UPD2: didn't risk to complete my twine peaks SSD6 but I don't see any trophy achievers on psnprofiles, looks like we'll have to wait another 3 weeks for next patch...

Edited by KingSkovald

STW has been terrible since the start imo. There is a combination of like 4 missions in the entire game and they’re all extremely boring. Trophies have been broken & fixed several times. The mode has been pretty much shelved for a long time, it just took Epic this long to admit it I guess. After obtaining the platinum I use the mode for what it’s always been, a vbuck generator.

16 hours ago, Andumssssssssss said:

STW has been terrible since the start imo. There is a combination of like 4 missions in the entire game and they’re all extremely boring. Trophies have been broken & fixed several times. The mode has been pretty much shelved for a long time, it just took Epic this long to admit it I guess. After obtaining the platinum I use the mode for what it’s always been, a vbuck generator.

Yeah, its basically been broken since BR came out and the signs of it being canned have been on the walls since the beginning. It was supposed to be F2P in 2018 I believe, then it got pushed back to 2019 and then nothing. It’s a shame that the product thats there (which isn’t even that good sadly) is in a completely unfinished state. 

Edited by OmegaRejectz
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, OmegaRejectz said:

Yeah, its basically been broken since BR came out and the signs of it being canned have been on the walls since the beginning. It was supposed to be F2P in 2018 I believe, then it got pushed back to 2019 and then nothing. It’s a shame that the product thats there (which isn’t even that good sadly) is in a completely unfinished state. 

Big agree, the storyline was meh, the characters meh. I thought when they did the hero rework/adding dungeons they were going to give it a little attention and polish but I was wrong. Oh well it was a mediocre time while it lasted!

And Epic actually had 9+ years to polish it, it was announced in 2011 and released in 2017 so at least 6 years of development + 3 years since release and still I often waste 15-20 min to farm resources and build defenses just to realize that mission objective activation is glitched haha

A fix seems very likely.
Most of the other Save the world bugs went from "under investigation" to "fixed in the next update" today... except the trophies.

Updates are 2-3 weeks apart so if trophies don't get fixed next Tuesday/Wednesday, my guess is there's a good chance it'll happen in August's second update. We'll see.

On 31/7/2020 at 8:04 PM, Koru said:

A fix seems very likely.
Most of the other Save the world bugs went from "under investigation" to "fixed in the next update" today... except the trophies.

Updates are 2-3 weeks apart so if trophies don't get fixed next Tuesday/Wednesday, my guess is there's a good chance it'll happen in August's second update. We'll see.

Hopefully but the bugs you said that are going to be solved are newer than the trophy one.