Plat in 30 minutes?

SSenpai_I

1 hour ago, Tirmata said:

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/312117-erica-~-platinum-walkthroughtext-guide/?do=findComment&comment=6520107

Found this post on PST, and it seems still 5 playthrough is needed for Thank You! and I don't think it is possible under 30 mins and now we have 3 people in EU and 4 people in NA version. I also don't understand less than 5 hours achievers, as if I remember correct you can't skip anything in this game (I remember I was very annoyed by it and got quite bored), but yeah I am sure there are shortcuts somehow.

It saves your progress toward multiple collectible trophies across multiple playthroughs. When you have collected them all, it doesn't trigger immediately, it triggers after the credits begin to roll. So someone could play through 99.5% of a playthrough grabbing collectibles like petals, papers, foxes, hang outs, annoying companions, etc. but never reach the credits so they don't get a trophy pop for any of them. A save is actually made after you pick your ending choice, but the trophies doesn't trigger until the ending cutscene plays to completion and the credits start. So here's how I think they did it:

Play up until the choice for ending A, back-up to USB Drive 1, pick ending A, force quit during ending to save Ending A, then start a new game with existing save file.

Play up until the choice for ending B, back-up to USB Drive 2, pick ending B, force quit during ending to save Ending B, then start a new game with existing save file.

Play up until the choice for ending C, back-up to USB Drive 3, pick ending C, force quit during ending to save Ending C, then start a new game with existing save file.

Play up until the choice for ending D, back-up to USB Drive 4, pick ending D, force quit during ending to save Ending D, then start a new game with existing save file.

Play up until the choice for ending E, back-up to USB Drive 5,

Revert to USB Drive 1 and pick ending A, let the credits roll to pop trophies, then quit the game.

Revert to USB Drive 2 and pick ending B, let the credits roll to pop trophies, then quit the game.

Revert to USB Drive 3 and pick ending C, let the credits roll to pop trophies, then quit the game.

Revert to USB Drive 4 and pick ending D, let the credits roll to pop trophies, then quit the game.

Revert to USB Drive 5 and pick ending E, let the credits roll to pop all the extensive cumulative trophies you've been working for on this cumulative save file (documents and endings), PLAT get.

I think you could potentially skip backing up and reverting to all those USBs and just pop every single trophy after you finally let the credits roll for the first time on your 5th playthrough, but they probably went through all those steps to purposefully not pop all those trophies at once and get accused of cheating with an auto-popper. Though it's possible the flag for Thank You is ticked just before the ending cutscene begins and the flags for each individual ending like Happy Family aren't ticked until the end of the cutscene, which would necessitate actually viewing all 5 endings.

Edited by Guardian_owl

12 minutes ago, Guardian_owl said:

It saves your progress toward multiple collectible trophies across multiple playthroughs. When you have collected them all, it doesn't trigger immediately, it triggers after the credits begin to roll. So someone could play through 99.5% of a playthrough grabbing collectibles like petals, papers, foxes, hang outs, annoying companions, etc. but never reach the credits so they don't get a trophy pop for any of them. A save is actually made after you pick your ending choice, but the trophies doesn't trigger until the ending cutscene plays to completion and the credits start. So here's how I think they did it:

I think you could potentially skip backing up and reverting to all those USBs and just pop every single trophy after you finally let the credits roll for the first time on your 5th playthrough, but they probably went through all those steps to purposefully not pop all those trophies at once and get accused of cheating with an auto-popper. Though it's possible the flag for Thank You is ticked just before the ending cutscene begins and the flags for each individual ending like Happy Family aren't ticked until the end of the cutscene, which would necessitate actually viewing all 5 endings.

yes you r indeed correct as in my post earlier i did game 1 backed out to dashboard on the black text screen game 2 forgot to back out and did normal but did not give trophy for first ending. game 3 unlocked the multi trophies foxy backstage pass and botonist. so your back up therory is correct all they need to do is do that for all 6 playthroughs start with play 1 endng load 2 and so on till u have all ending but the last and just load the last playtrough for the last ending and all endings trophy. im currently testing this theory out on eu version since i meed up on na. 

28 minutes ago, Guardian_owl said:

Play up until the choice for ending A, back-up to USB Drive 1, pick ending A, force quit during ending to save Ending A, then start a new game with existing save file.

Play up until the choice for ending B, back-up to USB Drive 2, pick ending B, force quit during ending to save Ending B, then start a new game with existing save file.

Play up until the choice for ending C, back-up to USB Drive 3, pick ending C, force quit during ending to save Ending C, then start a new game with existing save file.

Play up until the choice for ending D, back-up to USB Drive 4, pick ending D, force quit during ending to save Ending D, then start a new game with existing save file.

Revert to USB Drive 1 and pick ending A, let the credits roll to pop trophies, then quit the game.

Revert to USB Drive 2 and pick ending B, let the credits roll to pop trophies, then quit the game.

Revert to USB Drive 3 and pick ending C, let the credits roll to pop trophies, then quit the game.

Revert to USB Drive 4 and pick ending D, let the credits roll to pop trophies, then quit the game.

Revert to USB Drive 5 and pick ending E, let the credits roll to pop all the extensive cumulative trophies you've been working for on this cumulative save file (documents and endings), PLAT get.

I see how it could be possible (and don't get why would anyone trouble themselves for an easy plat game to do this), but if this is the case wouldn't the collectible trophies start popping after USB Drive 1 trophies? I think all these 7 people have them at later stage.

.. and one more thing, call me obsessive but all NA and EU 'speedrunners' have the exact same trophies (specially check Foxy and Failure to Comply) for A/B/C/D/E run within their respective versions, so seems like same files.

41 minutes ago, Tirmata said:

I see how it could be possible (and don't get why would anyone trouble themselves for an easy plat game to do this), but if this is the case wouldn't the collectible trophies start popping after USB Drive 1 trophies? I think all these 7 people have them at later stage.

.. and one more thing, call me obsessive but all NA and EU 'speedrunners' have the exact same trophies (specially check Foxy and Failure to Comply) for A/B/C/D/E run within their respective versions, so seems like same files.

I just checked the timestamps in one of the fast achievers, and he/she has about 5 minutes difference between Stage 1, 2 ,3 of the guide, so as I posted years ago this hunters used many usbs, deleting and uploading new saves just before the credits roll.

9 hours ago, Tirmata said:

Some of the collectibles trophies may pop on USB 1, but may not depending on how they've sketched out their paths. Using Hammered256's 13 minute run as an example:
Wave 1 @ X:30-31 is a lot of misc. events with 1 collectible trophy: all corpses

Wave 2 @ X:33-34 is all misc events

Wave 3 @ X:36 is a few misc events, with 3 collectible trophies: all peepings, all petals, all Delphic Epsilon locks

Wave 4 @ X:40 is all misc events

Wave 5 @ X:43 cleans up the last ending and the other 3 collectible trophies: foxes, documents, endings.

On 4/18/2022 at 11:05 AM, Guardian_owl said:

Some of the collectibles trophies may pop on USB 1, but may not depending on how they've sketched out their paths. Using Hammered256's 13 minute run as an example:
Wave 1 @ X:30-31 is a lot of misc. events with 1 collectible trophy: all corpses

Wave 2 @ X:33-34 is all misc events

Wave 3 @ X:36 is a few misc events, with 3 collectible trophies: all peepings, all petals, all Delphic Epsilon locks

Wave 4 @ X:40 is all misc events

Wave 5 @ X:43 cleans up the last ending and the other 3 collectible trophies: foxes, documents, endings.

Well, even though it seems technically possible this doesn't make sense to me at all and I don't think (which is not important of course) this is what happened. Also found the evidence as I suspected for the infamous save editor and existing saves are exactly same order (Foxy and Failure to Comply) for NA and EU players respectively. But hey, maybe it is just a coincidence that all of them followed same step (1/16 chance for EU and 1/32 chance for NA) because it is technically possible.

Most speedruns contain an ideal route. That may be the reason all people have the same trophies popped at the same time (I am aware this method isn't technically a speedrun). It's certainly no coincidence it's just the ideal route.

As for the collectibles, if you manage to trick the system that you haven't got any collectibles (using saves and deleting other saves from the system) it will pop like it would with normal playthroughs.

Why anyone would go through such a hassle? Just to say he or she managed to set the quickest times. There is no other reason.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 4/20/2022 at 6:55 AM, Cauvuh_Lakrwa said:

Most speedruns contain an ideal route. That may be the reason all people have the same trophies popped at the same time (I am aware this method isn't technically a speedrun). It's certainly no coincidence it's just the ideal route.

As for the collectibles, if you manage to trick the system that you haven't got any collectibles (using saves and deleting other saves from the system) it will pop like it would with normal playthroughs.

Why anyone would go through such a hassle? Just to say he or she managed to set the quickest times. There is no other reason.

i have confirmed that they were correct in there using backups on an offline profile. on the 5th run i finished to see what trophies i got and thank you did pop but no oter endings so all you would need to do is load up playthrough 1 through 5 in order to get ending trophys and thank you will pop on 5th.  i will record laoding backups as proof 

On 4/17/2022 at 4:47 PM, Guardian_owl said:

yes as iv fully tested this it works just a matter of how fast you can load the backups. im gonna do a avideo shocasing this fully including loading backups which if not a flaggable offense

44 minutes ago, turniplord said:

Or, and this is just a guess, instead of going through all the trouble of setting up their own saves just to get a fast platinum to appear on this site, they most likely have a Save Wizard and resigned these saves to their account: https://www.thetechgame.com/Downloads/id=204314/eu-erica-plat-save-set-cusa11882.html

i definitly do not have the save wizard as you have to pay to use it from whet i understand n not doing that i actually played the game and set up save files i even ned a 6th playthrough cause i messed up and didnt get the 10th document on 5th playthrough

49 minutes ago, ckleckner78 said:

i definitly do not have the save wizard as you have to pay to use it from whet i understand n not doing that i actually played the game and set up save files i even ned a 6th playthrough cause i messed up and didnt get the 10th document on 5th playthrough

Maybe not you, but people like https://psnprofiles.com/Goofy-49nrgj - not only did they complete this game in 13 minutes, they also did Coffee Talk and Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl in under a minute. There are a lot of saves out there that people can resign to grab trophies very quickly.

With regards to this game though - I can't see why anyone would bother setting it all up for a quick time on this site. Fair enough, a few people in here have tried it to prove that it's 'possible', but why? The leaderboards on here don't mean anything, most people won't even look at them. Plus, with the PS5 versions often allowing people to unlock all trophies within seconds by importing the saves, most don't care about them anymore. 

17 minutes ago, turniplord said:

Maybe not you, but people like https://psnprofiles.com/Goofy-49nrgj - not only did they complete this game in 13 minutes, they also did Coffee Talk and Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl in under a minute. There are a lot of saves out there that people can resign to grab trophies very quickly.

With regards to this game though - I can't see why anyone would bother setting it all up for a quick time on this site. Fair enough, a few people in here have tried it to prove that it's 'possible', but why? The leaderboards on here don't mean anything, most people won't even look at them. Plus, with the PS5 versions often allowing people to unlock all trophies within seconds by importing the saves, most don't care about them anymore. 

your right i was just trying to prove it is possible. and as atleast for this game. amything under 6 hours could be flagged due to the 1.5 hour playthrough length but shouldnt. because it is possible. 

• 6 months later...

I’ve just completed the game (5 play throughs in 9 hours). I don’t think you can complete everything in 13 minutes unless you use someone else’s save due to the fact that collectibles and actions stack up during multiple plays and restarting would void some of these. I also don’t understand how someone can get the trophy of finding all the dead bodies in the game <BEFORE> getting the trophy of killing everyone.

As for Goofy-49nrgj that was linked above, he has a playtime of less than 1h in the game, according to Sony. (You can see this with a Ps5 on his PSN profile page). Eh.

Edited by Barnoz

16 hours ago, Barnoz said:

I also don’t understand how someone can get the trophy of finding all the dead bodies in the game <BEFORE> getting the trophy of killing everyone.

Find part of the bodies in playthrough A while killing some or none at all, find the rest of the bodies in playthrough B by killing some or none all, then kill everyone possible in playthrough C.

Edited by Guardian_owl