Are there any trophies that may become unobtainable?

ArcadeJedi

I know in NHL 18 there was a trophy that became unobtainable once the new nhl 19 game came out, because you needed a player or you needed to win a certain tournament that was going on every week or something like that, once the Dev stopped supporting it, it was no longer possible to platinum the game if you didn’t get that trophy beforehand. Is there a similar trophy here?

I just bought the game and I’m wondering if I could take my time with it, or if there’s anything I should focus on getting out of the way before NHL 21 comes out.

While EA servers may stay up for years on most of their titles, that doesn't necessarily mean the trophies will still be obtainable.  Prime example, FIFA 19 had an online trophy for qualifying for the Weekend Champions league (or something similar) that became unobtainable almost instantly when FIFA 20 was released because they stopped supporting that feature without any warning.

I haven't played a hockey game since Blades of Steel on the NES, which i loved, but I can only stomach so many 50+ hour annual sports titles each year so I've always stuck to soccer, baseball, and football (which I'm trying to avoid now..). 

Long story short, I have no basis for providing you any proper guidance on anything you asked about specifically.  I would simply advise you to start now if you really want to make sure you get it done :)  I know that's easier said than done if you happen to have a backlog anything like mine.... (400+ games..)

To you example with NHL 18, the only one I could see as being at risk is the Competitor trophy if they stop supporting that early but I would think it continues on as it has.

I would go after that one now - and of course start on the 100 daily reward packs, 

• Like 1

On 7/24/2020 at 6:54 AM, Alovingpotato said:

The only ones I'd be worried about are the comp season reward and maybe the 100 HUT packs, but the last EA NHL I properly played was 14 so I don't know how long HUT support lasts after the release of a new title, if at all. You have until October, possibly later.

I'm still getting daily HUT packs from NHL19, so I wouldn't worry too much about that one for NHL20 any time soon

• Like 2

On 23/07/2020 at 2:12 AM, ArcadeJedi said:

Not what I’m asking though, plus EA servers stay up for years so there’s really no rush.

Whilst you're correct, a lot of features in EA sports games go down after the season is over etc.

Edited by Top-Lad-Luke

On 7/29/2020 at 5:08 PM, Top-Lad-Luke said:

Whilst you're correct, a lot of features in EA sports games go down after the season is over etc.

That’s exactly why I made the thread. 

On 7/24/2020 at 8:49 AM, djb5f said:

To you example with NHL 18, the only one I could see as being at risk is the Competitor trophy if they stop supporting that early but I would think it continues on as it has.

I would go after that one now - and of course start on the 100 daily reward packs, 

Thanks, competitor seems like a bit of a grind, too. 

There are 2 trophies at risk on this game when NHL 21 comes out:

Competitive Season Reward (HUT Champions will be shutdown when the next instalment is released, this happened with FIFA 19 last year)

And NHL Ones Eliminator will be harder as the player base will be reduced (you need to face 81 players on this one, hardly boostable). I tried the Ones many times and never managed to pass round 03 (150~200 ms ping for this mode is bullshit, gameplay feels unresponsive and slow).

For the competitive season you can just afk games, you'll get almost zero points and progress is slow, but doable if you that all day for 10 days or so (you just have to start a game and do other stuff in the remaining 20 minutes or so)

• 1 year later...