Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes

• 6 months later...
On 9/15/2023 at 12:16 AM, Eraezr said:

What's the difference between Hundred Heroes and that other Eiyuden game that's out - are they like interconnected stories or standalone?

They share some characters, but that's about it. Rising was made by a different company altogether and, at least in my view, it's a stain on the name. I thought the game was terrible, so my advice is to stay away.

EDIT: Anyway, the trophies are up now. Given my experience with Suikoden 2, and the number of collection trophies here, all I can say is, I hope that there are no glitches for enemies, recipes, etc.

Edited by starcrunch061

7 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

EDIT: Anyway, the trophies are up now. Given my experience with Suikoden 2, and the number of collection trophies here, all I can say is, I hope that there are no glitches for enemies, recipes, etc.

Good thing I went with the PC code

if the game is worth it, I'd get the physical later 

Was this game ruined by very poor translation? It got my attention but i saw real nasty stuff in the translation that the original Japanese was translated to something completly different... Making the liking of the characters very questionable. 

But at least the game sounds fun in every other department. Or will the translations be fixed? Since i also know Spanish and Portuguese i might change to these that might be more faithfull to the japanese original. 

5 hours ago, Danyy___85 said:

Was this game ruined by very poor translation? It got my attention but i saw real nasty stuff in the translation that the original Japanese was translated to something completly different... Making the liking of the characters very questionable. 

But at least the game sounds fun in every other department. Or will the translations be fixed? Since i also know Spanish and Portuguese i might change to these that might be more faithfull to the japanese original. 

I wouldn't worry about that, people are really overexaggerating the translation issues (at least from what I've seen so far, I'm still pretty early in the game). The way they translated some of the characters is pretty cringey and annoying, but that's a small part of the overall game. The rest of the changes I've seen people complaining about don't really affect anything at all.

I honestly think this is just a case of people who want to be angry all the time inventing a controversy so they can yell on the internet.

6 hours ago, Danyy___85 said:

I've played my share of localized games and at no point I felt that English translation for this game was bad or w/e. 

If you meant the English voice performances, then I have no input as I played with JPN voices.

2 hours ago, Major_DarkMellow said:

Anyone recruited CJ? I think I've gotten everyone I can grab so far except Reid as I need better beigoma's, but I cant find her

If you have both Garoo and Isha recruited, try entering the castle from outside and walk up the main pathway. 

42 minutes ago, zaxonzaxon said:

If you have both Garoo and Isha recruited, try entering the castle from outside and walk up the main pathway. 

I've done that multiple times, if it helps the last person I recruited was Markus, and still nothing is happening, either I'm at a loss or she's missable and I'm going to need another playthrough

1 hour ago, Major_DarkMellow said:

I've done that multiple times, if it helps the last person I recruited was Markus, and still nothing is happening, either I'm at a loss or she's missable and I'm going to need another playthrough

That's weird, I haven't seen talk anywhere about her being missable. Did you try looking at the 2nd Barrows entrance in the first zone? That's where her quest would go eventually. Maybe you proc'ed the cutscene already and accidentally cancelled it or something. If her scene won't initiate and her portrait is blacked out at B'baba then it could be bugged.

7 minutes ago, zaxonzaxon said:

That's weird, I haven't seen talk anywhere about her being missable. Did you try looking at the 2nd Barrows entrance in the first zone? That's where her quest would go eventually. Maybe you proc'ed the cutscene already and accidentally cancelled it or something. If her scene won't initiate and her portrait is blacked out at B'baba then it could be bugged.

I've not actually used B'baba's function yet, but I've been wondering trying to fill out what I can monster wise and beigoma's from earlier area's, then I encountered her at the entrance 🤦‍♂️

• Haha 1