GTAV game of the decade

andyb712

Hi all just spent two and half hours in the queues at the local GAME shop in preston got home half hour for installing the 8.5 gb played the first mission and all i can say is wow forget GOTY i say GOTD instead can't wait for the multi and just a big thanks to rockstar for all your hard work 

Been a die hard gta fan since day 1 this game has the best visuals and frame rate by far anyone agree with me thoughts ?

When i say game of the decade i mean for this genre i fully understand the other titles in the different genre's being in the same league as the gtaV for example final fantasy etc 

Edited by andyb712

I've been playing for around 3 hours here in the U.K and Like you I'm blown away by this all. As the first driving segment arrived it genially brought a smile to my face because of how astounding this game looks. Coming off it now because I am too tired and I don't want to ruin the experience, but you are right, this game has an enormous scope, the possibilities are endless. I for one cannot wait to play this as soon as I wake up tomorrow....

• Like 1

It is outrageous to call a game the GOTD from only playing a few hours of it.

And why is that i have played all the gta's since day one the original game with the cossie's and countash's gta2, gta london, done san andreas 100% twice once with cheats once without, played gta3, recently got the plat for gta 4, and i also played vice city religiously so i know the gta franchise  like the back of my hand so i think i am entitled to my opinion

I clearly think you are overexcited since you got your hands on the game. Calling it game of the decade just at the time of release is kinda .... I dunno wrong... It may be a great game now but will it stand the test of time?

Its my opinion not a fact and im pretty sure gta4 stood up to the test of time or did it not ?

Game of the day ?  lol

game of the decade but if you want to be a smart alec go ahead

• Like 1

And why is that i have played all the gta's since day one the original game with the cossie's and countash's gta2, gta london, done san andreas 100% twice once with cheats once without, played gta3, recently got the plat for gta 4, and i also played vice city religiously so i know the gta franchise  like the back of my hand so i think i am entitled to my opinion

Its my opinion not a fact and im pretty sure gta4 stood up to the test of time or did it not ?

And everyone else is entitled to their own opinion as well. That is all.

Having played most of R* other games and knowing the fanbase of said games...I am going to say you are exaggerating a little. All of the R*s games I have played have been average at best. I have yet to play one that made me think it deserved all the praise that it gets.

I am glad you enjoy the game but GOTD is a little much, GOTY is probably stretching it a little as well.

• Like 4

Ok but you actually played those games more than a few hours. Im not saying it wont be the GOTD but it takes more than a few hours to figure that out. You have barely scratched the surface of what GTA V has to offer hell the online hasnt even come out yet. It is just too early to call it GOTD

Edited by man_with_wdjat
  • Like 3

And everyone else is entitled to their own opinion as well. That is all.

Of course you are is that not the whole point of the forum's in general maybe next time i could do a persona is game of the decade thread for you would that suit you better ?

Ok but you actually played those games more than a few hours. Im not saying it wont be the GOTD but it takes more than a few hours to figure that out. You have barely scratched the surface of what GTA V has to offer hell the online hasnt even come out yet. It is just too early to call it GOTD

Its only because of the major improvements to the handling model for vehicle's the combat mechanics the major visual's improvement gta4 looked dark and miserable gta5 looks warm clean and inviting frame rate is really stable for me at least oh and then there is the dlc what fruits is that going to add

The map is insanly huge i just spent half an hour on a cargo train and didnt even cover a quarter of the map and like others have said the online side will seal the deal few games will ever have as much replay value

Edited by andyb712

Having played most of R* other games and knowing the fanbase of said games...I am going to say you are exaggerating a little. All of the R*s games I have played have been average at best. I have yet to play one that made me think it deserved all the praise that it gets.

I am glad you enjoy the game but GOTD is a little much, GOTY is probably stretching it a little as well.

Thanks for your comments nice to hear your opinion and at least you didnt flame me for having my opinion thanks dude :D

hmm.. now i wonder what the Game of the Century?

Final Fantasy 6

Thanks for your comments nice to hear your opinion and at least you didnt flame me for having my opinion thanks dude :D

Hey if you like the game that is all that matters. I for one am very excited for Tearaway and Beyond 2 Souls so that is what I will be playing next month :D

My mistake guy's its inevitable that some american's were bound to get a little bit butthurt over this thread it suck's that the game is not yet released in usa but its not often we are first to recieve a game it was never my intention to rub it in that the uk has the game i didnt even consider the timezone difference

a_560x375.jpg

Edited by Serge
  • Like 2

Final Fantasy 6

Hey if you like the game that is all that matters. I for one am very excited for Tearaway and Beyond 2 Souls so that is what I will be playing next month :D

No, Mayus. Everyone knows the game of the century is Galaga. :P

As far as calling GTAV the "Game of the Decade" - it's way too soon. Not just for GTA V, but for any game. The decade isn't over yet, and there are still a ton of games due out that could very well out-do GTAV in every facet [Like MGSV, or Watch_ Dogs].

Let's not get ahead of ourselves and forget how the measure of time works. A decade is 10 years. The start of this generation was roughly 8 years ago. We've still got 2 years before we can really crown anything of this generation the best of the decade.

And even if you went the literal "2003 - 2013" route - there have been some damn fine titles released, a lot that are much more original and innovative than GTAV.

Edited by Fox
  • Like 1

I haven't played it yet and from what I've seen it seems very good. Though I still think it's very early to be saying GOTD like many others are already doing on articles. Like this one a while ago that basically said that it's a shame that games such as TLOU, BS:I, Watch Dogs etc. had to be released alongside GTA V and will not win GOTY which honestly kind of annoys me. 

http://www.takuchat.com/eight-games-that-wont-win-game-of-the-year/

When i made this post only 56 user's had the game according to this site  :facepalm: no wonder i got flamed much like my avatar on the left

I can give you multiple reasons why people said things against you. You were far from flamed, but from past experience I know you like to exaggerate things.

But here are the top 5 reasons why people aren't agreeing with your judgement :

1 - GOTD, you say you can call it that because you have played all of them to pretty much 100%. Judges are supposed to be impartial, you are obviously the opposite.

2 - Saying americans cannot understand you because they are butt-hurt

3 - You judge the whole of a (200+ hours game - just guessing) based on 2 hours of gameplay

4 - you cannot justify the actual GOTD, you just say people are wrong and that they should be posting in other games threads

5 - You say the fact that only 56 people have the game is why people are not content, so basically saying we will all be bowing down to your wisdom soon. Pretty sure that on release day thousands if not millions (they expect 25Million copies sold in 12 months) are playing, they just haven't synched yet.

End of the day, is GTA5 better than GTA4? most probably, although many people will say that is not a very hard task to acheive, unless you like bowling. GotY is a massive stretch to say the least, it may be good, but many good games have been sold this year. I will agree that it will likely be the best seller, well you know, until COD is released and 80% of people have forgotten about this game.

My mistake guy's its inevitable that some american's were bound to get a little bit butthurt over this thread it suck's that the game is not yet released in usa but its not often we are first to recieve a game it was never my intention to rub it in that the uk has the game i didnt even consider the timezone difference

What?!? Have you been reading the comments? We dont care that you got the game before us, what we were saying was that it was way too soon for you to call it the GOTD when you've barely played the game. That is why you got "flamed"

• Like 3