Vending Spree Trophy

Seth_Loyce

I think I've kind of narrowed down the Vendor Machines. I've found 4 so far;

• Abandoned Offices (at the beginning)
  • Operations Corrdior (in the area with the omeeting rooms)
  • Operations Center (One of the double Vending Machine)
  • Fra Maruo AWE Entrance (vending machine next to the Security Entrance)

Make sure all Hiss are dead in the area before you shoot the Vendor machine otherwise it doesn't appear. I shot the vendor machine didn't appea, cleared area, then shot and it worked.

Yeah the above doesn't work just had it happen again xD

-

Edit just got the trophy updated above.

Edited by wardragon989
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, wardragon989 said:

I think I've kind of narrowed down the Vendor Machines. I've found 3 so far;

• Abandoned Offices
  • Operations Corrdior
  • Operations Center

Make sure all Hiss are dead in the area before you shoot the Vendor machine otherwise it doesn't appear. I shot the vendor machine didn't appea, cleared area, then shot and it worked.

Yeah the above doesn't work just had it happen again xD

May I ask how does it look? Do they move, glow? I'm desperate ? I'm doing a vending machine genocide for nothing.

I think it might be random, or maybe some of them.  I finally got the trophy after killing my fourth.  It was on the AWE Loading Bay. After the terminal to call backup, step through the doors and to the left you'll see a single vending machine. 

Hope it helps. 

• Like 1

There’s a fifth one in AWE Loading Bay. I still miss some. I have got all four of those. 

7 minutes ago, Fr_0zt said:

I think it might be random, or maybe some of them.  I finally got the trophy after killing my fourth.  It was on the AWE Loading Bay. After the terminal to call backup, step through the doors and to the left you'll see a single vending machine. 

Hope it helps. 

Do you recall any other location besides he ones listed?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, FranciRoosters said:

There’s a fifth one in AWE Loading Bay. I still miss some. I have got all four of those. 

Do you recall any other location besides he ones listed?

Nope, the first 3 he showed on the images are the ones I have but the fourth one wasn't working for me. 

• Like 1

Has anyone worked out how many we actually need to destroy yet? I've just found my 4th but still haven't got the trophy.

One of the ones I found that none of you have mentioned yet is in the Shifted Passage through the secret passages. After the clock puzzle, you drop down & jump into the red room, the vending machine at the back left comes to life when you attack it.

Edited by ObsceneSociopath
Added info.

14 minutes ago, ObsceneSociopath said:

Has anyone worked out how many we actually need to destroy yet? I've just found my 4th but still haven't got the trophy.

One of the ones I found that none of you have mentioned yet is in the Shifted Passage through the secret passages. After the clock puzzle, you drop down & jump into the red room, the vending machine at the back left comes to life when you attack it.

Unfortunetly not. It unlocked on my 4th one. I counted the ones I fought and it was definetly four, so Im not sure how many you actually need. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

From the layout of the rooms I believe there is at least one vending machine per room (with a potential of multiple opportunites such as the Operations Center which has 3 vending machines).

27 minutes ago, Fr_0zt said:

Nope, the first 3 he showed on the images are the ones I have but the fourth one wasn't working for me. 

The RNG is a pain as we don't know the conditions. Either you have to reset the room by going far enough away like fast travelling or the area has to be clear of hositles. I kept doing both incase.

Edited by wardragon989

So far I've destroyed them in the following places:

Shifted Passage

Abandoned Offices 

Operations Centre

AWE Loading Bay

I'm starting to think its predetermined RNG per save file which ones will come to life seeing as no 2 of us are getting all of the same ones.

I think it's going to be a case of finding all the possible vending machine locations & visiting them all until you destroy enough to unlock the trophy.

While others have unlocked the trophy at 4, I still haven't. The description says 80% but if my RNG per save theory is correct, them some of us could need to destroy more than others depending on how many the game allocates to our saves if it is truly random.

-Edit-

Finally got it after 6. I destroyed 2 more in the Observation Deck & it finally popped after the second one blew up. Both of the ones near the entrance can also come to life (the one at entrance & the one through the security gate just after it).

Edited by ObsceneSociopath
Update
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, wardragon989 said:

Ok I hope this helps.

Heres what it looks like when fighting it;

Additionally here are the locations I had the machines trigger with a map.

https://imgur.com/a/WW9rdJ5

Some Notes:

• When fighting they can despawn. They have a set path they run.
  • They will drop so much loot. You know when you've killed it because it drops a lot.
  • I had better success working room to room.
  • Clearing out areas does help. But as you can see in the video they spawned after I triggered the run.
  • Sometimes when returning to the area the vending machine you destroyed will be missing sometimes not.

Thank you!! Will keep trying tomorrow ?

By the way, i'm not sure but, after killing the final boss, did you guys start getting Miners and those invisible laser guys from The Foundation spawning in this areas? I'm starting to think my save got glitched at some point with enemy spawns being messed up.

Edited by Seth_Loyce

1 hour ago, Seth_Loyce said:

Thank you!! Will keep trying tomorrow 1f60a.png

By the way, i'm not sure but, after killing the final boss, did you guys start getting Miners and those invisible laser guys from The Foundation spawning in this areas? I'm starting to think my save got glitched at some point with enemy spawns being messed up.

Same thing is happening to me. And I haven't even killed the final boss yet

Update: Backed my save up on my USB and used the chapter select to go to endgame and restart de DLC. 

The vending machines work now, already got 3 out of the locations mentioned earlier.

Your save CAN get bugged and lock you out of getting them to spawn at all aparently, if it happens, back it up and restart chapter. 

UPDATE: Finally got the trophy! I thought you would have to do it for one in each location, but I got it doing the one at Awe Loading Bay, the one at the entrance at Abandoned Offices and the Operations Center one twice, so aparently you can repeat locations. 

Edited by Seth_Loyce

I've tried two hours of farming this, including restarting the dlc and yet i have not seen one vending machine spawn. This is infuriating and not how I wanted to end my time with my absolute favorite game of last year.

Edit: and as soon as i posted this I got the trophy. I swear these random trophies wont pop until I complain about them on these forums.

Edited by DoctorDrPepper
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

I've tried two hours of farming this, including restarting the dlc and yet i have not seen one vending machine spawn. This is infuriating and not how I wanted to end my time with my absolute favorite game of last year.

Edit: and as soon as i posted this I got the trophy. I swear these random trophies wont pop until I complain about them on these forums.

I feel you. And on top of that, Control's trophies are terribly sinc'd for me, going as far as popping only after a whole minute

• Like 1

Glad I found this thread. I've been struggling with this trophy (only 2 so far) as well Elevated Mind. The spawns just aren't dropping for me. I've been fast traveling back and forth for the last two hours. I think I'm going to leave Investigations, then fast travel back in to see if it helps.

1 hour ago, OgaZoSo said:

I feel you. And on top of that, Control's trophies are terribly sinc'd for me, going as far as popping only after a whole minute

That happened to me too, I finished an arcade game, waited, waited some more, went to double check the trophy list on the console, then the trophy popped, so my trophy screenshot is the trophy menu.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HighDesertWolf said:

Glad I found this thread. I've been struggling with this trophy (only 2 so far) as well Elevated Mind. The spawns just aren't dropping for me. I've been fast traveling back and forth for the last two hours. I think I'm going to leave Investigations, then fast travel back in to see if it helps.

I went back to the arcade for "Elevated Mind"