Platinum still possible after 2K21 release + No Heat Check packs?

Roundtoad

Hey guys,

Really curious for those still playing this game after the release of 2K21 - would it still possible to achieve the :platinum: Kit And Kaboodle trophy, but more specifically :gold: Ultimate Collector despite the release of 2K21 and with no indication from 2K of putting Heat Check cards in the token market? I'm sitting at roughly 2000 cards, and as far as I know, Heat Check cards make up roughly 441 cards, which is a big chunk. Not to mention, 2K have not added any new limited time events, released any new locker codes, or even updated the vault rewards with new cards.

In short, are the chances of obtaining these two trophies dwindling by the day given all the roadblocks 2K is throwing at us? I doubt 2K will release any new packs (or even previous packs) back into the market, so is it worth grinding the MT and the cards with the possibility of hitting a brick wall at 2500 cards only to find out there is no hope getting the rest? should we just take the L?

Thoughts?

Edited by Roundtoad
Typographical errors

Yes, it's absolutely still possible. You can make a massive amount of MT by working the auction house right now if you can understand how to manipulate the market. I recommend using the inflated auction house prices to your advantage rather than grinding for MT. Keep in mind that this will take more time than before due to the condition of the market, but anyone with a significant amount of cards should definitely see this through to the end. 

The markets are still just as exploitable when prices are high and volume is low. Law of supply and demand indicates that the demand must still exist in order for price inflation to kick in. 

Edited by Tentativeuser
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Malex595 said:

if you ask me, it's not worth the trouble. You will be far better literally doing anything else, as i have regretted ever trying to play this damn myteam mode...

Part of me agrees, however working the auction house is like a mini game for me in itself which I enjoy.. would I had to grind the mt playing games, I'd have given up a long time ago

yeah, but for this trophy most of your time will be spend not actually playing the game (i mean basketball)....what's the point in playing a sports game if 70%of your overall time will be spend playing Stock Broker simulator...

i cannot put into words how much i regret getting into this....

Thanks for the advice guys, I will chug on and just gut it out - 800 more cards.

19 hours ago, Malex595 said:

yeah, but for this trophy most of your time will be spend not actually playing the game (i mean basketball)....what's the point in playing a sports game if 70%of your overall time will be spend playing Stock Broker simulator...

i cannot put into words how much i regret getting into this....

I agree with your sentiment, although I'm pretty sure the majority of basketball fans playing 2K games aren't micro-managing for the plat, we are just a bunch of OCD outliers haha.

If I ever get it, I will update anyone reading this (as of September 2020) and in my situation still considering chasing the plat.

It's going to be a hell of a lot harder now, but best of luck.

I'm still pushing for it, with about 250 cards left. If heat check packs were in the game (whether that be coins or tokens) I would be done, but them tripling in price after 2k21 release has heavily slowed me down. I'll still be going for it, but i'm not expecting to get it anytime soon!

15 hours ago, berto113 said:

I'm right there with you, about 500 cards left.  You can win a heat check pack with one win on Unlimited.  Lot of time for just one pack as you've got to play 4 games (1 win and 3 loses).

Thanks for this. My fear was that whatever Heat Check cards left in the AH was it, and the rest are either locked in or are rotting in people's collections that left for 2K21. Good to know there is still some way of acquiring them outside the AH, albeit tedious and time consuming.

Really wish you guys luck! 

1 hour ago, m0nk3y_aust said:

Just sent a tweet to 2k to see if the will re release packs for the GOAT collectors. Don’t like our chances but what have we got to lose

I'd be surprised if they respond,  and even more so if they actually do it.. from what I've read they did it on 2k19.. beats me why they wouldn't now..

• 9 months later...