Time to 100% compared to AC Odyssey?

Maahniac

Hey guys! I know there are trophy guides, and such, to give me an idea of how long it takes to complete Origins 100% trophy-wise, but I thought it would be cool to hear from people who have completed both Origins and Odyssey (my point of reference) 100%. If you could give me an idea how they compare? Odyssey took me quite some time to go through, but it also seems like it has more DLC than Origins? 

Origins took me around 60 hours for the plat, with dlc it was maybe around 75 but I did alot of side quests that weren't required for trophies. Odyssey on the other hand took me close to 100 hours, but at first I was under the impression that you needed every question mark. That map was a little to huge for my tastes lol

Both games took 4 months to platinum but Origins took me 2 years with the DLC which I purchased this year, and Odyssey took 1 year. The Question marks can be a pain but at least they took one thing out of the series that I hated, the optional constraints - makes it a lot easier to not be bogged down with crap like "don't kill anyone" and stuff.

• Like 3

Ok, first of all, I really despise Odyssey and almost everything connected with that particular game. Like, the develompent of action, some absurdal plotholes, fetchquests, the whole Isu/mythology (The Fate of Atlantis, geez, what a disappointment) miscalculations and the fact that it evolved from dense stealth/action open world game to offline MMO. Oh, and the thing, that you fight

twins in almost the same setting as in my beloved The Two Thrones, but scaling them down to bullet sponges and later, receive the dagger of time which with its stats is worthless piece of...

, yeah, combined with the state of THE REMAKE it gives a lot of idea of how Ubi now treats their legacy. 
That's why I could be adding a lot of gameplay hours because of that annoyance and boredom, but actually, I remember the number. It was about 85 hours to complete everything and I really rushed that up.

Meanwhile, Origins with The Hidden Ones and especially The Curse of Pharaohs (that's how you nail the other realm and add the emotional commitment of main character to the whole story) was much more plot-concentrated and if you hurry up, doing the quests necessary for leveling up (it's similar to TW3 limitations), you'll finish main story in 20 hours, but side quests/miscellanous thing add another 20 and dlcs another 20.

Still, 60, 70 hours at max is enough to fully discover every interesting thing and getting every trophy. It's much more dense and easier than Odyssey (blokes don't level up with you) and if you plan it well (gather all the junk you can), you'll do it at least 20 hours faster than with Greek misadventures.

Edited by princefan2407
  • Like 1

It took me about 3 months and a week to finish Odyssey. I didn't play it nonstop but I also was not playing anything else either at that time. It was a little lengthy of a game. Which is good because you always want to get your money's worth when it comes to games. I am getting ready to run through Assassins Creed III Remastered.

• 2 weeks later...

It took me aroumd 2 years to play 1 story playthrough and 1 total playthrough + DLC (to get to 100%) for Odyssey. At the end I was SO HAPPY it was over.

Haven't started Origins just yet (about to in a few days) but my friend told me it's much shorter than Odyssey and also the quests in Origins have much more meaning than they had in Odyssey.

Plus, Odyssey's Atlantis DLC was really over the top. It's really cool and the graphics are astonishing but damn each map is huge.....

Just got the platinum on Origins recently and my game file says 65 hours. I really loved Origins but clearing all locations for the Old Habits trophy got quite tiresome near the end. I was planning on heading into Odyssey right after but I'm gonna take a break and play something else before even doing the Origins DLC. I'm really looking forward to playing Odyssey though. I do love the new direction of the AC games that Origins has brought though.

• Like 2