OhShape Trophy Thoughts

Soraking1991

1 minute ago, timpurnat said:

Yeah, I just tried again on hard and got around 700k! Man, I love this game, they need to put it on VR2

TBH? I hate it :D. Just waiting for Beat Saber VR2, then I will buy it :].

And yeah, thanks for the tip! It is a bit intensive, but got 598k now. Just have to "polish" (POLISH ;) ) it a bit!
Hvala Vam :]

• Like 2

Just now, Smashero said:

TBH? I hate it :D. Just waiting for Beat Saber VR2, then I will buy it :].

And yeah, thanks for the tip! It is a bit intensive, but got 598k now. Just have to "polish" (POLISH ;) ) it a bit!
Hvala Vam :]

haha, some songs suck for sure, if they actually allowed using custom songs the game would be 100x better. When you get used to the song it's not that bad and with low accuracy, you can actually do very minimal movements tbh, no need to extend the arms all the way.

• Like 1

The one I used for the 500k grind was 5 AM from Album 3, on expert mode with accuracy = 0.8 and speed = 0.9.

It was the only one where I could guarantee getting +1.5 million per run. None of the others gave that many points per run.

I also got bored and started using Wannabe from Album 2 for the grind, but the one where it was easier to score more than 1.2 million per run was 5 AM for sure.

It's still a massive grind though, even with those two stages that give the most points. I still had to play 5 AM probably 200 times and Wannabe probably 80 times to reach the 500k.

In case anyone is wondering, the top 5 scores in those two were achieved with speed = 1.2 and accuracy = 0.9, but the grind is best done with accuracy at 0.8 at all times and speed at 0.8, or 0.9, if you can manage it there. That's expert mode; if you are doing the grind on hard set speed to 1.2 and accuracy to 0.9 or 0.8.

Although I liked OhShape, I got bored of it and didn't do the "96 hours trophy" grind. I think I reached 60 hours total and got every other trophy. I will come back for that platinum though ; P. I might do it for the 40th platinum, which is close for me, and then I'll forget about trophy hunting and just play whatever I like, without bothering with "ultra rare" trophies and 100% completions.

34 minutes ago, ValkerianCreator said:

...cut...

Oh. c'mon! You just have to get ONE (1) trophy and you will have the plat!

Just block your goggles, start the longest song on 1.2x and restart it. That's one of the easiest trophies! You got your 500mln score already!!! You nailed it!

You simply have to press TRY AGAIN "again" and again and AGAIN!

C'mon! GO FOR IT!!!

15 hours ago, Smashero said:

Just block your goggles, start the longest song on 1.2x and restart it. That's one of the easiest trophies! You got your 500mln score already!!! You nailed it!

C'mon! GO FOR IT!!!

Don't tell anyone, but that's what I ended up doing... my pillow played Oh! Shape for hours... good times!

• Like 3

On 3/2/2023 at 5:00 PM, Smashero said:

C'mon! GO FOR IT!!!

It's approximately 29 hours worth of re-pressing retry every 5 minutes (with speed = 1.2). I know it's easy (time-consuming but easy), and that's really the main reason why I am coming back for that for sure. I can't burn days worth of time on OhShape right now though, so it will have to be a long-term deal. Like I said, I plan to complete this for the 40th platinum, and I am at the 37th now. I'll probably do good but easier/faster ones for plats 38th and 39th (such as Moss 1 and Along Together).

13 hours ago, Soraking1991 said:

Don't tell anyone, but that's what I ended up doing... my pillow played Oh! Shape for hours... good times!

Your golden pillow landed some top 5 highscores in expert, lol! Epica la almohada esa jaja (that's an epic pillow!) ?

• Like 2

On 3/03/2023 at 10:20 AM, ValkerianCreator said:

The one I used for the 500k grind was 5 AM from Album 3, on expert mode with accuracy = 0.8 and speed = 0.9.

It was the only one where I could guarantee getting +1.5 million per run. None of the others gave that many points per run.

I also got bored and started using Wannabe from Album 2 for the grind, but the one where it was easier to score more than 1.2 million per run was 5 AM for sure.

It's still a massive grind though, even with those two stages that give the most points. I still had to play 5 AM probably 200 times and Wannabe probably 80 times to reach the 500k.

In case anyone is wondering, the top 5 scores in those two were achieved with speed = 1.2 and accuracy = 0.9, but the grind is best done with accuracy at 0.8 at all times and speed at 0.8, or 0.9, if you can manage it there. That's expert mode; if you are doing the grind on hard set speed to 1.2 and accuracy to 0.9 or 0.8.

Although I liked OhShape, I got bored of it and didn't do the "96 hours trophy" grind. I think I reached 60 hours total and got every other trophy. I will come back for that platinum though ; P. I might do it for the 40th platinum, which is close for me, and then I'll forget about trophy hunting and just play whatever I like, without bothering with "ultra rare" trophies and 100% completions.

I’m no genius but you should’ve put the speed at 1.2 speed when grinding for points. The grind is real though, feels like I’ve ‘played’ the game for days yet I’m not even half way. Around 46 hours in and around 130million points. I’ve mostly spend my time doing something else and coming back every 4 or minutes to restart the song. I play 5am, and when I do decide to actually play I chuck it on medium, 1.2 speed, 1.0 accuracy. On a good run I can get around 950k. 

20 hours ago, closertim said:

I’m no genius but you should’ve put the speed at 1.2 speed when grinding for points. The grind is real though, feels like I’ve ‘played’ the game for days yet I’m not even half way.

That makes sense if you are playing normal, or perhaps, even hard mode, but I did the whole 500k grind in expert mode. If you try to do the grind in expert with speed = 1.2 what's going to happen is that you will end up making less points than if you do it at 0.9 speed. The reason is that at max speed in expert your performance will definitely go down AND you will also get tired faster in each run, because it's totally crazy at 1.2 speed in expert. So when you add things up at the end, you were struggling a lot more and making less points in total during the session than if you had done the whole thing at 0.9 speed, with better performance and getting a little less tired each run. The same can be said about accuracy at 1.2 or at 0.8. Most players will make many more points in expert if they play the levels with accuracy = 0.8 than if they use anything above that. The only time when it makes sense to raise speed and accuracy in expert is if you want to shoot for the top highscores. Otherwise, all the trophies and the big grind are a lot easier with both speed and accuracy below 1.0.

Also, I realized that there's a trade-off for the grind trophies in this game. You will either make more time but not a ton of points (because you probably lowered the difficulty) or you will make a ton of points, but you are probably in expert, which means you won't be able to accumulate as much time because you will get tired faster. Therefore, no matter how you do it, the game forces you to do a +60 hour grind to get all the trophies from every category (points, time, distance). Because of the way I did it, I prioritized more points first, so I got all the "hard grind trophies" first, but I still ended up with 25-30 hours remaining for the final time-related trophy. The good news is that for distance and time, you can let the stages play themselves with No fail on and it counts. So, the difficulty is over for me. It's just a matter of letting it play itself for another 30 hours. The only reason why I won't do it now is that I want OhShape to show up in my profile, so I will leave completing that for when I reach 39 platinums. Then, the 40th one (which shows up in the profile) will be this one.

If you want the optimal way to get all the trophies, it might be using hard mode with speed = 1.2 and accuracy = 0.8. The time counter runs at max in that 1.2 speed setting and it's easier to do better performances in hard with accuracy= 0.8 than in expert. So, with those settings in hard it's probably the best trade-off. Expert is undeniably the fastest way to make more points, but it will force you to gain less in the time counter, so you will clear the 500k earlier, but you will have many hours remaining still. That's what happened to me. What is happening to you is the same, but with time and points exchanged. If you keep grinding on normal, it's easier and you can go at max speed (so your time counter goes up faster) but you make far less points, so you will reach the "96 hours" trophy in 70 hours, but you will still have around 100k left from the 500k points trophy.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2023 at 4:01 AM, ValkerianCreator said:

Your golden pillow landed some top 5 highscores in expert, lol! Epica la almohada esa jaja (that's an epic pillow!) 1f601.png

You should've seen its moves! ?

I got the points trophy about halfway through the time one. I played mostly in Expert with multipliers so it went faster. Once I obtained all other trophies, I felt kind of unmotivated to go for another 40 hours, so I let my pillow have a go while I did other stuff. Its a natural!

• Like 1

On 3/03/2023 at 10:20 AM, ValkerianCreator said:
On 5/03/2023 at 2:16 PM, ValkerianCreator said:

That makes sense if you are playing normal, or perhaps, even hard mode, but I did the whole 500k grind in expert mode. If you try to do the grind in expert with speed = 1.2 what's going to happen is that you will end up making less points than if you do it at 0.9 speed. The reason is that at max speed in expert your performance will definitely go down AND you will also get tired faster in each run, because it's totally crazy at 1.2 speed in expert. So when you add things up at the end, you were struggling a lot more and making less points in total during the session than if you had done the whole thing at 0.9 speed, with better performance and getting a little less tired each run. The same can be said about accuracy at 1.2 or at 0.8. Most players will make many more points in expert if they play the levels with accuracy = 0.8 than if they use anything above that. The only time when it makes sense to raise speed and accuracy in expert is if you want to shoot for the top highscores. Otherwise, all the trophies and the big grind are a lot easier with both speed and accuracy below 1.0.

Also, I realized that there's a trade-off for the grind trophies in this game. You will either make more time but not a ton of points (because you probably lowered the difficulty) or you will make a ton of points, but you are probably in expert, which means you won't be able to accumulate as much time because you will get tired faster. Therefore, no matter how you do it, the game forces you to do a +60 hour grind to get all the trophies from every category (points, time, distance). Because of the way I did it, I prioritized more points first, so I got all the "hard grind trophies" first, but I still ended up with 25-30 hours remaining for the final time-related trophy. The good news is that for distance and time, you can let the stages play themselves with No fail on and it counts. So, the difficulty is over for me. It's just a matter of letting it play itself for another 30 hours. The only reason why I won't do it now is that I want OhShape to show up in my profile, so I will leave completing that for when I reach 39 platinums. Then, the 40th one (which shows up in the profile) will be this one.

If you want the optimal way to get all the trophies, it might be using hard mode with speed = 1.2 and accuracy = 0.8. The time counter runs at max in that 1.2 speed setting and it's easier to do better performances in hard with accuracy= 0.8 than in expert. So, with those settings in hard it's probably the best trade-off. Expert is undeniably the fastest way to make more points, but it will force you to gain less in the time counter, so you will clear the 500k earlier, but you will have many hours remaining still. That's what happened to me. What is happening to you is the same, but with time and points exchanged. If you keep grinding on normal, it's easier and you can go at max speed (so your time counter goes up faster) but you make far less points, so you will reach the "96 hours" trophy in 70 hours, but you will still have around 100k left from the 500k points trophy.

So I’m officially half way there with hours played, even though I’m a little behind with points , (due to a lot of afking) , I know that if I actually play properly I can gain around 2% for every 1% hour played. If that makes sense, I might try that other song you guys say because 5am is getting a little stale.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/22/2023 at 5:20 PM, MikeCheck-- said:

He finally got it! I'm still patiently waiting for him to finish the LAST SONG on Audica for the Plat!!! Come on @ValkerianCreator hehe

22 hours ago, KyonKuchiki said:

Same! You got this @ValkerianCreator!

?:rolleyes::facepalm:?? (goes Super Saiyan with Ultra Instinct) ?:platinum:??? (top 3 highscore full combo in expert's Highway to Oblivion) ... now bury Audica ? lmao ... I guess I'll give it another try after I do the story mode in Republique VR and Horizon VR. However, like I said before, I can't guarantee I'll get that one. That song seriously short-circuited my brain to the point where I am 99% sure that there are true tracking problems with Audica. There was one portion where I almost always missed once, even in the practice mode. And, because there are a dozen targets coming your way at all times, my single misses were usually 2 targets at once (which would destroy the x4 multiplier and the possibility of a reasonable gold star). Believe me, there is a reason why I didn't gold star Highway to Oblivion. Even my patience has limits. However, it's still there in the backburner. I think I can still do it in a lucky day. For reference, the difficulty of HtO's gold star for me is equivalent to finishing Racket Fury's Carbon Fury for MikeCheck and finishing SuperHyperCube for KyonKuchiki (this is just a guess). I have zero doubts that you guys can do both ? but I'm definitely not going to wait patiently for it. Another good comparison is that I feel like going back to VR Ping Pong and getting the wall mode x100 trophy is as hard for me as this final gold star in Audica. However, it's worth noting that miracles do happen. I couldn't get any medal in Sprint Vector when I first played it years ago, and a few months ago I went back determined to crush that thing and ended up with the platinum. So, anything is possible. ?? 

Edited by ValkerianCreator

• 2 weeks later...

Damn it...

I came back to this title and I have another "problem" with it: I moved to another apartment, so of course I have to set up my PS systems all over again - NVM.

The issue is - I can not f******g configure this game! When there are moves requiring you to spread your arms left and right 
cartoon-guy-wide-open-arms-260nw-1559650
this blody game just not catching it! Same when you have to "reach" your hand up.
I have tried all the possible options: automatic adjust of the height, manual, blabla, of course restarting VR like 3k times etc.

This simply makes this title unplayable for me. How the F set it up? Yeah, the room is dark, no issues with the camera or Moves. What a bloody mess :/

EDIT!

Ok... I shall edit this post, but anyway I will leave it - found a solution :D Just reduced ACCURACY from 1.0 to 0.8 and it works like it was working before :D. 

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 1

The tracking in OhShape is terrible!! That's not your imagination, it just is. There were countless times when I was pretty sure that I had the right shape and it still missed it anyways. Obviously, that happened a lot more in expert, which is no surprise, because when you raise the speed with bad tracking, it gets even worse. The only way expert mode was reasonable and fun to play was setting accuracy = 0.8, which does make the tracking better, thankfully, but it still has instances where it misses anyways, even with the 0.8. Basically, fitting the shape correctly is not what really guarantees that it will count it. You have to hold the controllers and everything exactly how it wants you to for each specific shape for it to count it every time. Naturally, that's not very fun, so just going with 0.8 accuracy is the way to go to enjoy OhShape in the hard and expert modes. I would also recommend to put speed at 0.8 too in expert. Expert does have some really good songs with good rhythms in the Caravan Palace pack, but for non-competitive runs it's best to set speed and accuracy to 0.8 to enjoy them even more.

Also, if you don't have enough space turn on the small room modifier. You won't have to move left or right at all. It also halves all points (so that's a problem for the big trophy grind, if you are interested in that) but at least it's playable.

So yeah, new players, do yourself a favor and play hard and expert with accuracy = 0.8. It will make it easier to not fail and, therefore, much more enjoyable for real cardio routines and the like.

If you are interested in getting top 50 scores and that sort of thing, I think it's still 100% possible if you just raise the speed to 1.1 or 1.2 but keep accuracy at 0.8. The only scores that require at least speed = 1.2 and accuracy = 0.9 to be able to reach them are the top 5's. In other words, tracking is so freaking annoying in this game that only the top 2 or 3 players bothered with actually getting full-combo runs with >1.0 in both speed and accuracy. I didn't bother with that and I still landed some top 10's (even a few top 5's) with accuracy at 0.8 and speed at 1.2. That means that there are only a handful of people who really figured out how OhShape's inconsistent tracking system works. [It's either that or they replayed the songs 50 times until a lucky full combo run happened]. Everybody else (even top 5 scorers in hard and expert) used lower accuracy and higher speed to raise the total points, but they were not getting perfect runs without missing.

Overall, I think that if you want OhShape as VR cardio exercise and fun, you should just turn on No fail, and go with hard and expert, and simply enjoy it. The only people who are going to clash with the bad tracking system for real are those who want to shoot for top 10 scores and for the "grind" trophies, like I did. If you just want the fun, buy the Caravan Palace pack, turn on No fail, and try Wonderland in expert at 0.8 speed. You'll see why I recommended that. It's probably the best song in OhShape. Cheers ; )

Edited by ValkerianCreator
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2023 at 10:59 PM, closertim said:

So I’m getting close to ending this ridiculously long grind. 86 hours played and 425 million points . This game is just stupid at this point and I highly recommend anyone to reconsider if you’re planning on 100%ing this game. 

I'd be fine with it if it had more songs. I'm at 10 or 11 hours (with a significant amount of idling) and 52 million points. Seems like I should be able to hit 500 million before the hours trophy is up, especially now that I'm playing hard and expert songs.

Honestly for games like this a grindy platinum is good. It's a workout game. You want to keep at it if you're playing it as a workout game because one or two workouts isn't gonna do shit for you. And if you're not playing it as a workout game... you'd probably be better off with something like Beat Saber or Audica.