OhShape Trophy Thoughts

Soraking1991

This game reminds me a lot of beat saber. Saber also had a playtime related trophy of 24 hours which was perfect to master the game. 96 hours sounds like overkill to me...

Saying that I'm super excited for this one to come out. Surely the release of the trophy list onto playstation would mean the game will be released rather soon right?

5 hours ago, Hampy64 said:

This game reminds me a lot of beat saber. Saber also had a playtime related trophy of 24 hours which was perfect to master the game. 96 hours sounds like overkill to me...

Saying that I'm super excited for this one to come out. Surely the release of the trophy list onto playstation would mean the game will be released rather soon right?

I agree, if you used it for a workout and did an hour a day, your talking almost half a year for one trophy and it is progressive so if you do not take enough time to play you miss out on like 5 off the list. 

7 hours ago, Soraking1991 said:

Trophy list looks like quite a grind, but it could be good to add to my fitness routine and work towards the trophies day by day...

This list is only grinding. 96 hours for a VR 'workout' game. Phoe. With getting a high amount of score. 

But I am hoping that there is an easy way to auto / turbo this. 

11 hours ago, FLUX_Rezulta said:

I don't mind playing it just a little bit at a time but if I get sick of the game I'll be wanting to find a way to let the 96 hours just clock up by itself.

Hopefully they will release new dlc songs along the way to spice the game up. Beat saber keep adding songs which keeps pulling me back in. 

I could see 96 hours if there is enough songs to master

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/4/2021 at 4:24 PM, ArmoredSnowman said:

So guessing the game is bugged or...?

I'm not sure if it is bugged or intentional. I think they recently patched the game and now even with the no fail modifier your score, distance, and time get counted towards the final. The only problem with the no fail modifier is that it drastically cuts your score down. I think score is the only one you have to earn legit

• 1 month later...

I'm just afraid to buy this game because of the "dancing with vr". When I use vr if I shake my head too much I'm gonna get. A headache. So I don't know if with this game this would happen. About the time trophies, is it possible to just use a turbo controller to start the same song again and again? Because it would be great.you go to sleep and the game will play for you auto.. 

11 minutes ago, tranquilu said:

I'm just afraid to buy this game because of the "dancing with vr". When I use vr if I shake my head too much I'm gonna get. A headache. So I don't know if with this game this would happen. About the time trophies, is it possible to just use a turbo controller to start the same song again and again? Because it would be great.you go to sleep and the game will play for you auto.. 

There's no head-shaking involved - you move your arms, crouch, and lean, but never only your head. I never got nausea playing, just tired arms and legs as it's quite a work out on higher difficulties! Not sure how doable completion is, but I had a good time playing with the family!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 07/02/2021 at 8:27 PM, DarthMagnus0605 said:

I'm not sure if it is bugged or intentional. I think they recently patched the game and now even with the no fail modifier your score, distance, and time get counted towards the final. The only problem with the no fail modifier is that it drastically cuts your score down. I think score is the only one you have to earn legit

Is there ingame tracker of score, miles, time spent?

54 minutes ago, Smashero said:

Is there ingame tracker of score, miles, time spent?

Hi! 

Yes, thankfully there's a detailed ingame tracker for the trophies. 

I can confirm that idling the game with the "No fail" modifier adds points, miles and hours for the totals :) You can hit retry once the song is finished. 

However, you mustn't use this modifier in order to get the trophies for completing the albums on the specific difficulty settings (finishing the songs with the modifier on doesn't advance the ingame tracker for the trophies). 

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Bizzy_Montana_ said:

Hi! 

Yes, thankfully there's a detailed ingame tracker for the trophies. 

I can confirm that idling the game with the "No fail" modifier adds points, miles and hours for the totals :) You can hit retry once the song is finished. 

However, you mustn't use this modifier in order to get the trophies for completing the albums on the specific difficulty settings (finishing the songs with the modifier on doesn't advance the ingame tracker for the trophies). 

Oho! You've also spotted it on Summer Sale, huh? Damn, so I can forget about being 1st achiever :(

:D Thanks for the answer @Bizzy_Montana_, detailed as always. Greetz and good luck on your way to plat!

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 2

Yes exactly, I just picked up the game this morning :)

Feel free to try becoming the first achiever, I don't think that I'll play the game "seriously" soon (you would probably beat me even if I started grinding now) :D 

By the way, the song length is displayed in the album menu as well, I think the longest one is around 4:10. 

Oh and in case someone wonders, unfortunately you can't use a turbo controller to restart the songs because the game requires two PS Moves and precise input on the restart button. 

Greetings and best of success to you! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bizzy_Montana_ said:

Yes exactly, I just picked up the game this morning :)

Feel free to try becoming the first achiever, I don't think that I'll play the game "seriously" soon (you would probably beat me even if I started grinding now) :D 

By the way, the song length is displayed in the album menu as well, I think the longest one is around 4:10. 

Oh and in case someone wonders, unfortunately you can't use a turbo controller to restart the songs because the game requires two PS Moves and precise input on the restart button. 

Greetings and best of success to you! 

Thanks for more tips!

Nah, I will not start it now for sure. I will do it... "One day". Some many games, so little time...

• 1 year later...

Ok, so I started recently this title and just wanted to point out one thing: INGAME tracker is only available when you are signed to PSN!

You can't check your progress while being offline.

So I just completed my last remaining song from album#2 while being offline and trophy didn't pop!

I switched off the game, logged into PSN, started the game and trophy for beating all songs on expert in album#2 popped on the menu screen.

So I can carefully state:

1)your progress is being recorded while you are offline, but you can not check it,

2)you could "troll" the game "plat time" while fulfilling all trophy requirements being offline, then log into PSN - trophies shall autopop,

Damn... Just have 4 h of playing (out of 96 h) and ~13 mln points (out of 500 mln).

It will be a long one...

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Smashero said:

Ok, so I started recently this title and just wanted to point out one thing: INGAME tracker is only available when you are signed to PSN!

You can't check your progress while being offline.

So I just completed my last remaining song from album#2 while being offline and trophy didn't pop!

I switched off the game, logged into PSN, started the game and trophy for beating all songs on expert in album#2 popped on the menu screen.

So I can carefully state:

1)your progress is being recorded while you are offline, but you can not check it,

2)you could "troll" the game while fulfilling all trophy requirements while being offline, then log into PSN - trophies shall autopop,

Damn... Just have 4 h of playing (out of 96 h) and ~13 mln points (out of 500 mln).

It will be a long one...

Good luck! I recently completed it and it's definitely one if the longer VR games I did. Luckily points can be grinded out in like 35h I would say. The grind was very exhausting haha, after I was done I didn't work out for almost a week. The most points I did in one day was 150 million.

For anyone else going for it these are the settings I used for the grind (probably not the best, but it was most consistent for longer sessions):

- Song: Album 1 - Sorceress by Harpo Mark 

- Difficulty: Hard

- Speed: Max

- Accuracy: Minimum 

- No fail off

- small room off

Each (2 minute) run I was getting 700-900k points. My best score was 979k :)

(Yes, I played the same song almost 700 times lol)

Edited by timpurnat
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, timpurnat said:

...cut... ;)

I will for sure try those settings up! Thanks! So far I found:
Album 3, "5 A.M. G9" on Medium with 1,2 speed and accuracy 0,9 getting me 550-650k per run but it's 4 mins 17 secs... So "a bit" long one...

Will try your set now and will share the "output" :D.

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Smashero said:

I will for sure try those settings up! Thanks! So far I found:
Album 3, "5 A.M. G9" on Medium with 1,2 speed and accuracy 0,9 getting me 550-650k per run but it's 4 mins 17 secs... So "a bit" long one...

Will try your set now and will share the "output" :D.

my apologies, it's actually hard difficulty! I will update the post, but yeah the song is fairly simple with pretty much the basic movements and you only have to go left and right twice iirc, so it's perfect if you have a small room to play. With minium accuracy, you have a lot of room for error, even if you mess up a lot you can get 600k

Edited by timpurnat
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Smashero said:

Hah :D I was just wondering: I can not be THAT bad, since I only got 336k  :D.

Ok, testing on hard!

Yeah, I just tried again on hard and got around 700k! Man, I love this game, they need to put it on VR2

Edited by timpurnat
  • Like 1