Soraking1991

OhShape Trophy Thoughts

19 posts in this topic

I've been patiently waiting for this game to release on PSVR for quite a while now. Still don't know the exact release date, hopefully soon.

 

Trophy list looks like quite a grind, but it could be good to add to my fitness routine and work towards the trophies day by day...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This game reminds me a lot of beat saber. Saber also had a playtime related trophy of 24 hours which was perfect to master the game. 96 hours sounds like overkill to me...

 

Saying that I'm super excited for this one to come out. Surely the release of the trophy list onto playstation would mean the game will be released rather soon right?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Hampy64 said:

This game reminds me a lot of beat saber. Saber also had a playtime related trophy of 24 hours which was perfect to master the game. 96 hours sounds like overkill to me...

 

Saying that I'm super excited for this one to come out. Surely the release of the trophy list onto playstation would mean the game will be released rather soon right?

 

I agree, if you used it for a workout and did an hour a day, your talking almost half a year for one trophy and it is progressive so if you do not take enough time to play you miss out on like 5 off the list. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Soraking1991 said:

Trophy list looks like quite a grind, but it could be good to add to my fitness routine and work towards the trophies day by day...

This list is only grinding. 96 hours for a VR 'workout' game. Phoe. With getting a high amount of score. 

 

But I am hoping that there is an easy way to auto / turbo this. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't mind playing it just a little bit at a time but if I get sick of the game I'll be wanting to find a way to let the 96 hours just clock up by itself.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, FLUX_Rezulta said:

I don't mind playing it just a little bit at a time but if I get sick of the game I'll be wanting to find a way to let the 96 hours just clock up by itself.

 

Hopefully they will release new dlc songs along the way to spice the game up. Beat saber keep adding songs which keeps pulling me back in. 

I could see 96 hours if there is enough songs to master

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's gameplay trailer for those interested in how the game looks like. 

 

 

on a side note, they could at least turn on the PSVR and Moves for the trailer....

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Raveniteh said:

on a side note, they could at least turn on the PSVR and Moves for the trailer....


😂 Yeah, that would have been great.  

 

 

Good to know. Release date: September 24th

Edited by Soraking1991
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I recently bought the game and I experimented with it to see if there was a way to get the 96 hours faster. What I found is that there are 4 modifiers in the game: Game Speed, Accuracy, Small Room Mode, and No fail. The Game speed and accuracy can be adjusted up and down and increasing the game speed and accuracy increase the score bonus which can be useful in getting the score trophies. However, I also found that the game adds the song time to your total time regardless of the game speed. So for example the second song in Album 1 is a song that lasts 1 minute and 29 seconds. If you play the song at 1.2x speed you finish the song in 1 minute and 11 seconds. However, the in game stats still increase by 1 minute and 29 seconds. The other thing I tested was the No Fail modifier. If you select this then the game will no longer add the score or distance to your total but thankfully it will add the time. So my plan is to get all the trophies for score and distance and then find the song with the longest time and set it to No Fail and max out the game speed. In theory this means that you can get all the time based trophies in 78 hours. Still super long but it saves almost 20 hours which is a lot

Edited by DarthMagnus0605
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So guessing the game is bugged or...?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2021 at 4:24 PM, ArmoredSnowman said:

So guessing the game is bugged or...?

I'm not sure if it is bugged or intentional. I think they recently patched the game and now even with the no fail modifier your score, distance, and time get counted towards the final. The only problem with the no fail modifier is that it drastically cuts your score down. I think score is the only one you have to earn legit

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just afraid to buy this game because of the "dancing with vr". When I use vr if I shake my head too much I'm gonna get. A headache. So I don't know if with this game this would happen. About the time trophies, is it possible to just use a turbo controller to start the same song again and again? Because it would be great.you go to sleep and the game will play for you auto.. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, tranquilu said:

I'm just afraid to buy this game because of the "dancing with vr". When I use vr if I shake my head too much I'm gonna get. A headache. So I don't know if with this game this would happen. About the time trophies, is it possible to just use a turbo controller to start the same song again and again? Because it would be great.you go to sleep and the game will play for you auto.. 

 

There's no head-shaking involved - you move your arms, crouch, and lean, but never only your head. I never got nausea playing, just tired arms and legs as it's quite a work out on higher difficulties! Not sure how doable completion is, but I had a good time playing with the family!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/02/2021 at 8:27 PM, DarthMagnus0605 said:

I'm not sure if it is bugged or intentional. I think they recently patched the game and now even with the no fail modifier your score, distance, and time get counted towards the final. The only problem with the no fail modifier is that it drastically cuts your score down. I think score is the only one you have to earn legit

Is there ingame tracker of score, miles, time spent?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Smashero said:

Is there ingame tracker of score, miles, time spent?

 

Hi! 

 

Yes, thankfully there's a detailed ingame tracker for the trophies. 

 

I can confirm that idling the game with the "No fail" modifier adds points, miles and hours for the totals :) You can hit retry once the song is finished. 

 

However, you mustn't use this modifier in order to get the trophies for completing the albums on the specific difficulty settings (finishing the songs with the modifier on doesn't advance the ingame tracker for the trophies). 

 

 

 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

53 minutes ago, Bizzy_Montana_ said:

 

Hi! 

 

Yes, thankfully there's a detailed ingame tracker for the trophies. 

 

I can confirm that idling the game with the "No fail" modifier adds points, miles and hours for the totals :) You can hit retry once the song is finished. 

 

However, you mustn't use this modifier in order to get the trophies for completing the albums on the specific difficulty settings (finishing the songs with the modifier on doesn't advance the ingame tracker for the trophies). 

Oho! You've also spotted it on Summer Sale, huh? Damn, so I can forget about being 1st achiever :(

:D Thanks for the answer @Bizzy_Montana_, detailed as always. Greetz and good luck on your way to plat!

Edited by Smashero
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes exactly, I just picked up the game this morning :)

 

Feel free to try becoming the first achiever, I don't think that I'll play the game "seriously" soon (you would probably beat me even if I started grinding now) :D 

 

By the way, the song length is displayed in the album menu as well, I think the longest one is around 4:10. 

 

Oh and in case someone wonders, unfortunately you can't use a turbo controller to restart the songs because the game requires two PS Moves and precise input on the restart button. 

 

Greetings and best of success to you! 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bizzy_Montana_ said:

Yes exactly, I just picked up the game this morning :)

 

Feel free to try becoming the first achiever, I don't think that I'll play the game "seriously" soon (you would probably beat me even if I started grinding now) :D 

 

By the way, the song length is displayed in the album menu as well, I think the longest one is around 4:10. 

 

Oh and in case someone wonders, unfortunately you can't use a turbo controller to restart the songs because the game requires two PS Moves and precise input on the restart button. 

 

Greetings and best of success to you! 

Thanks for more tips!

Nah, I will not start it now for sure. I will do it... "One day". Some many games, so little time...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.