Platinum Difficulty

Platinum Difficulty?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. How difficult did you personally find the platinum trophy to be?

• 1/10
    • 2/10
    • 3/10
    • 4/10
    • 5/10
    • 6/10
    • 7/10
    • 8/10
    • 9/10
    • 10/10

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2020 at 11:00 PM, Christopher said:

If you need help writing or double checking, I'd be happy to help. I'm about halfway through the game now.

Having someone check my writing for errors would be greatly useful for the quality of my guide, and I’d be happy to add you as a contributor. Keep in mind though, there’s a decent volume of content that I plan to cover in the guide, so I’ll add you as a contributor as soon as you’re okay with this.

6 hours ago, Trumpet_Boi_208 said:

Having someone check my writing for errors would be greatly useful for the quality of my guide, and I’d be happy to add you as a contributor. Keep in mind though, there’s a decent volume of content that I plan to cover in the guide, so I’ll add you as a contributor as soon as you’re okay with this.

Sounds good, I'll happily help with focus on a  quality. I'll message you if I think there's any content I could add that is beneficial.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
14 minutes ago, gruffiiti said:

@Trumpet_Boi_208 @Christopher

Just curious but did the guide in progress get scrapped?

I didn't delete the guide. I was working on the guide and made solid progress, since all I needed to do was finish a mini-walkthrough of the bike challenges. However, I stopped because I got caught up in other things, and remained away from the guide for longer than I'm comfortable admitting. I apologize for leaving the project untouched for such a long period of time. I don't have too much free time ATM, but I will resume the guide wherever I can.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
On 2021-05-13 at 9:08 PM, Trumpet_Boi_208 said:

I didn't delete the guide. I was working on the guide and made solid progress, since all I needed to do was finish a mini-walkthrough of the bike challenges. However, I stopped because I got caught up in other things, and remained away from the guide for longer than I'm comfortable admitting. I apologize for leaving the project untouched for such a long period of time. I don't have too much free time ATM, but I will resume the guide wherever I can.

I hope you find the time and willpower to finish it. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
58 minutes ago, luckyerikt1104 said:

This game trophy difficulty is at least 8 or 9

Don't be fooled by its trophy guide 

I find pretty much every trophy guide on this site says games are way easier then they are lol.

Just did sega genesis collection for example which the guide said was 4/10.

40% means below average (50%). So you would think it would be easier then the average game in that case. It was not lol 

Edited by Mr_Fluffy_Pants_

On 10/21/2023 at 6:07 AM, Mr_Fluffy_Pants_ said:

I find pretty much every trophy guide on this site says games are way easier then they are lol.

Just did sega genesis collection for example which the guide said was 4/10.

40% means below average (50%). So you would think it would be easier then the average game in that case. It was not lol 

I'm pretty sure that 'average difficulty' is 3 in the ratings given on this site - it makes sense as 'lower than average' is then only '1-2', and there are definitely more shades of 'harder than average'. If so, then 4/10 is actually slightly above average in difficulty.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have all challanges done (except 3/4 tracks of the pay dlc) and I would say it’s a prime example of a 5 on a scale that tries for 5 to be average. You have to look for shortcuts and in some sections you will need some time until you finish it the way you like it but if you’d that everything is very doable.  Plus the game is well done and has good quality of life. For example that your crashes don’t count on the first checkpoint since you could just back out ned go back in anyway. Also the leveldesign is well done and I had lot of instances were after one run I thought one he second „hm here would be a good place for a shortcut and would be useful“ and bam exactly there was one. You can often find them also by finding the exit and estimating where entrances to that could be or buy sometimes just going for it and jump over some edge to see what happens. I also used no guide at all for the challanges. 

Edited by Ich1994-1994
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

This game is a perfect example of a   out of 10. There is nothing an average player couldn't handle with a few tries. If you do everything without a video-guide for looking up the ideal route it might takes a few more tries but is still very doable. On the other hand If you use a video-guide from the start and only try to copy the gameplay, you are risking to never learn the game properly and you will struggle a lot more in executing the routs than you should. 

My advice would be that you try to unlock all the bikes as fast as possible but without using videos for every track. Once you have unlocked all the bikes you should be skilled enough to takle the remaining expert-challenges: you finish track after track, mountain after mountain. 

I did all the DLC too, but my suggestion for improvement regarding the guide would be time required time: I didn't struggle with anything in the game and did most of the tracks rather easily but it still took me little over 40 hours to complete the game 100%. The DLCs might have took 10 hours max... I guess 20 hours would be the absolute minimum for completing this, 30 hours are more realistic for most players who haven't played the game before. 

Edited by OBSTINATIO
  • Like 1