Scarface Character Pack to be delisted - Won't affect trophies!

Sergen

17 hours ago, JeManquedHygiene said:

Well, it actually is, and I should be able to achieve it eventually, but in such a ridiculous way that it would be unrealistic for most people.

First, the "easy" part :

Not owning a DLC just means that you cannot start or host the related heist. However you can join any game hosted by a friend who owns them. With this method it is still possible to get every single trophy for the missing DLCs, except for one (see below). I'm lucky enough to have a friend who's happy to invite me and carry me through those heists. It's just a matter of time before we complete them all.

If you don't have any friend that can help, you can also wait and join a random game that will pop on the Crime.net map, as the DLC heists do pop even if you don't own them. I would not recommend it, as some trophies would be very hard to get with random players (stealth and speedruns especially). But you can get lucky, I guess...

Now the hard part :

Of course I'm talking about :gold: Say Hello to My Big Friend, which requires you to kill the boss of Scarface Mansion with the Commando 101 Rocket Launcher. A pretty mundane trophy as it is. The only problem is that this particular weapon can only be unlocked by owning the Scarface Heist DLC, and you HAVE to be the one doing the kill. This means it is completely unobtainable under normal circumstances, as long as the DLC remains unavailable.

However I did find a crazy workaround. Basically you have to play on the primary PS5 of a friend who owns the DLC. Like, literally go to your friend's house, have some beer, register your own account on his console and play. As you may know, every secondary account registered on your PS5 gets access to all your library. This means you can register your own account as a secondary account on your friend's PS5 and get access to all the Scarface heist content, including the weapon. Then you simply have to start the game and play the heist as normal to get the trophy. Also, for some reason you have to be the host of the game, or the trophy won't pop.

So... Yeah. The 100 % is pretty much unobtainable unless you're willing to jump through some weird hoops.

wow thats stupid hopefully theres a easier method soonish

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/8/2024 at 5:10 AM, JeManquedHygiene said:

Well, it actually is, and I should be able to achieve it eventually, but in such a ridiculous way that it would be unrealistic for most people.

First, the "easy" part :

Not owning a DLC just means that you cannot start or host the related heist. However you can join any game hosted by a friend who owns them. With this method it is still possible to get every single trophy for the missing DLCs, except for one (see below). I'm lucky enough to have a friend who's happy to invite me and carry me through those heists. It's just a matter of time before we complete them all.

If you don't have any friend that can help, you can also wait and join a random game that will pop on the Crime.net map, as the DLC heists do pop even if you don't own them. I would not recommend it, as some trophies would be very hard to get with random players (stealth and speedruns especially). But you can get lucky, I guess...

Now the hard part :

Of course I'm talking about :gold: Say Hello to My Big Friend, which requires you to kill the boss of Scarface Mansion with the Commando 101 Rocket Launcher. A pretty mundane trophy as it is. The only problem is that this particular weapon can only be unlocked by owning the Scarface Heist DLC, and you HAVE to be the one doing the kill. This means it is completely unobtainable under normal circumstances, as long as the DLC remains unavailable.

However I did find a crazy workaround. Basically you have to play on the primary PS5 of a friend who owns the DLC. Like, literally go to your friend's house, have some beer, register your own account on his console and play. As you may know, every secondary account registered on your PS5 gets access to all your library. This means you can register your own account as a secondary account on your friend's PS5 and get access to all the Scarface heist content, including the weapon. Then you simply have to start the game and play the heist as normal to get the trophy. Also, for some reason you have to be the host of the game, or the trophy won't pop.

So... Yeah. The 100 % is pretty much unobtainable unless you're willing to jump through some weird hoops.

I though the unavailable DLC was Scarface Character Pack, not the Heist.

Scarface Character Pack has a melee weapon and the Little Friend rifle.

Scarface Heist Pack has the Commando 101 so it's still avaible.

By the way, as someone said, the Character Pack is available for buy now.

5 hours ago, El-Sublime- said:

I though the unavailable DLC was Scarface Character Pack, not the Heist.

Scarface Character Pack has a melee weapon and the Little Friend rifle.

Scarface Heist Pack has the Commando 101 so it's still avaible.

By the way, as someone said, the Character Pack is available for buy now.

Scarface Character Pack has been permanently delisted for several years due to expiring licence, and will never be back.

Scarface Heist Pack (not Character Pack) is indeed back after two months, which is good news. Every trophy is now obtainable again.

EDIT : my bad you're right. The Character Pack is also back again, which is pretty wild. However people who only want the trophies should buy Heist Pack, not Character Pack. After careful reading it looks like the Character Pack doesn't include the mansion heist.

Edited by JeManquedHygiene

3 hours ago, JeManquedHygiene said:

Scarface Character Pack has been permanently delisted for several years due to expiring licence, and will never be back.

Scarface Heist Pack (not Character Pack) is indeed back after two months, which is good news. Every trophy is now obtainable again.

EDIT : my bad you're right. The Character Pack is also back again, which is pretty wild. However people who only want the trophies should buy Heist Pack, not Character Pack. After careful reading it looks like the Character Pack doesn't include the mansion heist.

Was Heist Pack gone? In Steam, it never left the store, just the Character.

3 hours ago, El-Sublime- said:

Was Heist Pack gone? In Steam, it never left the store, just the Character.

The Scarface Heist along with several other "movie" based tie in such as John Wick stuff  and Point Break heist was delisted some point early last month along with the Crimewave Collection for unknown reasons before being put back on sale again yesterday. The DLC disappeared on my wishlist and the URL to the page was broken until it was fixed yesterday. The Steam version never had any issues other than the devs re-bundling the DLC on the backend. I'm guessing when they relisted it on PSN they most likely accidentally relisted the character pack as well. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, U_mad_bro7778 said:

I'm guessing when they relisted it on PSN they most likely accidentally relisted the character pack as well. 

That would be hilarious but yes, it's actually the most likely explanation. It was very clearly delisted back on October 1st 2020, never to return (https://payday.fandom.com/wiki/Scarface_Character_Pack). Besides it is still unavailable on Steam.

If anyone wants the Scarface character for some reason, do not waste any time. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. 😂

I somehow already have these packs purchased with the Crimewave Edition:

- Scarface character pack
- Scarface heist pack
- John Wick weapon pack
- John Wick heist pack
- Point Break heist pack

So I guess at some point, these were included with the Crimewave Edition (maybe if you claimed it prior to the delistings?). In any case I'm glad they're back for people who need them

16 hours ago, TheRedMaverick said:

I somehow already have these packs purchased with the Crimewave Edition:

- Scarface character pack
- Scarface heist pack
- John Wick weapon pack
- John Wick heist pack
- Point Break heist pack

So I guess at some point, these were included with the Crimewave Edition (maybe if you claimed it prior to the delistings?). In any case I'm glad they're back for people who need them

You probably have the Crimewave Collection, not the Crimewave Edition. The Collection has most if not all DLC, the Edition has not.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, JeManquedHygiene said:

You probably have the Crimewave Collection, not the Crimewave Edition. The Collection has most if not all DLC, the Edition has not.

Oh yes you're right, I got confused as I had the Crimewave Edition purchased as well. Glad it's back!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2024 at 3:32 PM, U_mad_bro7778 said:

FYI The Crimewave collection with all 21 DLC has been relisted back on PSN after mysteriously disappearing for almost 2 months.

Is it gone again? Can’t find it…

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Needles said:

Is it gone again? Can’t find it…

It is gone. When the Payday 2 DLC's went on sale a few days ago, I guess 505 games realized that they accidentally put the DLC back on the shop so they delisted it again.

The Crimewave collection; Point Break Heist and all the Scarface DLC(heist and character pack) has been delisted. John Wick DLC is still for sale.

Luckily this time I didn't bother waiting so I paid full price for the Crimewave collection and the Scarface character pack before they delisted it again as I had a funny feeling this was gonna happen.

Edited by U_mad_bro7778
  • Like 1