Scarface Character Pack to be delisted - Won't affect trophies!

Sergen

I'll add that while it won't affect trophies directly. Some perk trees are better suited to certain missions or difficulties then others and removal of perk trees can affect gameplay in a big game. 

In this case the Kingpin Tree used with this pack is pretty strong for Overkill Difficulty missions where you are under constant enemy attacks. It adds a huge bonus to hp for the character turning them into more of a tank and has a quick cooldown infinite reuse healing item that recovers a very large amount of hp. This makes it a class that can survive easier during assaults.

• Like 2

• 3 years later...
3 minutes ago, JeManquedHygiene said:

I can't find some of the DLC on the PS Store right now :

• Scarface
  • John Wick
  • Point Break

Is anyone else having trouble ? If they don't come back this would make the 100 % technically unobtainable due to the weapon-related trophy in Scarface.

The trophies wouldn’t be classified as unobtainable because you could still gameshare the DLC packs because they’re not tied to the purchasing account. But without having that kind of help and if they’re delisted now most people will be screwed because there also isn’t a special edition of the game that you could buy that includes all those DLC packs. I guess they got taken off the store officially because of license expiration with their copyrights.

2 minutes ago, Sergen said:

The trophies wouldn’t be classified as unobtainable because you could still gameshare the DLC packs because they’re not tied to the purchasing account. But without having that kind of help and if they’re delisted now most people will be screwed because there also isn’t a special edition of the game that you could buy that includes all those DLC packs. I guess they got taken off the store officially because of license expiration with their copyrights.

Could you elaborate on gamesharing and the DLC not being tied to the purchasing account ? I don't quite see what you mean. I know you can join DLC heists that you do not "own" but my concern is specifically for the Scarface trophy "Say Hello to My Big Friend" (in Scarface Mansion kill the boss with the Commando 101 Rocket Launcher on OVK or above). I don't think it is achievable at all if you don't personally own the DLC.

17 minutes ago, JeManquedHygiene said:

Could you elaborate on gamesharing and the DLC not being tied to the purchasing account ? I don't quite see what you mean. I know you can join DLC heists that you do not "own" but my concern is specifically for the Scarface trophy "Say Hello to My Big Friend" (in Scarface Mansion kill the boss with the Commando 101 Rocket Launcher on OVK or above). I don't think it is achievable at all if you don't personally own the DLC.

Buy the complete DLC pack, it includes everything except the Tony Montana skin from Scarface.  I bought it a month or 2 ago and I have all the trophy DLC.  It regularly goes on offer for £5 (UK price)

5 minutes ago, Dark_Overlord said:

Buy the complete DLC pack, it includes everything except the Tony Montana skin from Scarface.  I bought it a month or 2 ago and I have all the trophy DLC.  It regularly goes on offer for £5 (UK price)

Nah, it's completely gone. Seems like they've pulled a ton of other stuff too, there isn't much left.

6 minutes ago, shipper321 said:

Nah, it's completely gone. Seems like they've pulled a ton of other stuff too, there isn't much left.

Thanks for confirming. I did find most of the DLCs on the FR store, but am still short of the 3 that I've mentioned. I don't know what to think because they're still available on Steam, so it's probably not due to an expiring licence.

Edited by JeManquedHygiene

1 minute ago, JeManquedHygiene said:

Thanks for confirming. I did find most of the DLCs on the FR store, but am still short of the 3 that I've mentioned. I don't know what to think because they're still available on Steam, so it's probably not due to an expiring licence.

I'd see about contacting Overkill, Starbreeze and 505 (since they publish the PS4 version). It could very well be an error.

I've submitted a ticket to 505 Games support and this is the answer I just got. As expected, it's useless.

Hi JeManquedHygiene,

Thank you for contacting 505 Games Support. The license on some of PayDay 2's DLC expired a few years ago and were removed at the time.

My apologies for the inconvenience. 

Luis A.

This doesn't check out as the DLCs were still available only weeks ago. Also, they're still available on Steam.

25 minutes ago, JeManquedHygiene said:

I've submitted a ticket to 505 Games support and this is the answer I just got. As expected, it's useless.

This doesn't check out as the DLCs were still available only weeks ago. Also, they're still available on Steam.

Support is useless. The guy who answered you also replied to my inquiry and he couldn’t even tell the difference between the crime wave collection and crime wave edition. 

33 minutes ago, U_mad_bro7778 said:

Support is useless. The guy who answered you also replied to my inquiry and he couldn’t even tell the difference between the crime wave collection and crime wave edition. 

To be fair I couldn't either up until this morning. This naming convention is beyond idiotic and the reason why I'm in trouble now. I trusted every person who told me Crimewave = all DLC included. Very big mistake on my part.

Anyway I could tell the guy had no clue so I replied back and tried to be as accurate as possible, pointing out that the problem seems to be specific to PS Store.

9 hours ago, JeManquedHygiene said:

I can't find some of the DLC on the PS Store right now :

• Scarface
  • John Wick
  • Point Break

Is anyone else having trouble ? If they don't come back this would make the 100 % technically unobtainable due to the weapon-related trophy in Scarface.

Can you tell full name of Point Break.

I can't seem to find these and they're all related to trophies.
Point Break Heist, Hardcore Henry Packs, Seasonal, Scarface Pack, John Wick Heists, Classic.

Obviously some are already mentioned here, but anything I can get out of a physical copy or a certain storefront for those?

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, imminent-file5 said:

I can't seem to find these and they're all related to trophies.
Point Break Heist, Hardcore Henry Packs, Seasonal, Scarface Pack, John Wick Heists, Classic.

Obviously some are already mentioned here, but anything I can get out of a physical copy or a certain storefront for those?

Hardcore Henry, Seasonal and Classic heists are part of a game update and not purchasable DLCs. They're all still playable (for now).

Edited by Yenrou-V2
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, CHUNKERSAINT said:

so as it stands the 100% isnt possible from starting a new ?

Well, it actually is, and I should be able to achieve it eventually, but in such a ridiculous way that it would be unrealistic for most people.

First, the "easy" part :

Not owning a DLC just means that you cannot start or host the related heist. However you can join any game hosted by a friend who owns them. With this method it is still possible to get every single trophy for the missing DLCs, except for one (see below). I'm lucky enough to have a friend who's happy to invite me and carry me through those heists. It's just a matter of time before we complete them all.

If you don't have any friend that can help, you can also wait and join a random game that will pop on the Crime.net map, as the DLC heists do pop even if you don't own them. I would not recommend it, as some trophies would be very hard to get with random players (stealth and speedruns especially). But you can get lucky, I guess...

Now the hard part :

Of course I'm talking about :gold: Say Hello to My Big Friend, which requires you to kill the boss of Scarface Mansion with the Commando 101 Rocket Launcher. A pretty mundane trophy as it is. The only problem is that this particular weapon can only be unlocked by owning the Scarface Heist DLC, and you HAVE to be the one doing the kill. This means it is completely unobtainable under normal circumstances, as long as the DLC remains unavailable.

However I did find a crazy workaround. Basically you have to play on the primary PS5 of a friend who owns the DLC. Like, literally go to your friend's house, have some beer, register your own account on his console and play. As you may know, every secondary account registered on your PS5 gets access to all your library. This means you can register your own account as a secondary account on your friend's PS5 and get access to all the Scarface heist content, including the weapon. Then you simply have to start the game and play the heist as normal to get the trophy. Also, for some reason you have to be the host of the game, or the trophy won't pop.

So... Yeah. The 100 % is pretty much unobtainable unless you're willing to jump through some weird hoops.

• Like 1