Some F##ckers Hacked my PSN account

rijam

Some buggers gone and locked me out of my own account!

They used a message and a link to a duped sony site to do it, I clearly wasn't thinking straight, by the time I realised what happened I went to change my password and boom my password had already been changed. What do you reckon my chances are of getting my account back.

Just call Sony and go thru the process to get your account bank. Youll probably get it back soon enough. But leesson learn, dont trust anything these days until you are sure over 100%.

Are you sure you sent an email to the official sony helpdesk and not some scammers again? xD

Anyway, if your account gets hack, there is one thing they can't find out which makes you able to retrieve your account at all times.

And that thing is your date of birth, as long as they didn't find out which one you used, you can use it to retrieve your account.

Except when you used the same password for your psn account and email account, then the only one who can help you out is Sony Playstation helpdesk thingy..

They messaged me using playstaion gift as their gamertag and site I think was www.sonyentertainment.co.nf, had I have looked at the site name rather than just used the link I would have avoided it anyways.

This over PSN? Tip for the future, whenever Sony actually say they are for giving away anything, they usually do it via your email.. not PSN messages.  Even through emails I make sure the link is right or that their actual email address is correct too, lots of way for scamming out there.  Anyways good luck in getting your account back.

I was going to do the usual mock the personnwho clicked on spam link thing, but then realised how easy it is to be caught by this kind of thing when you are tired...

Good luck on getting account back....

It also shouldnt be an issue, but make sure money doesnt go missing from your card.

• 1 month later...

I would've reported the guy as a scammer looking to hack your account.

How do I report an account? I checked the options and not of them was to report only thing I could do was block him:/