Sony Launching New PS Store on Web and Mobile This Month

Aranea Highwind

8 hours ago, MMDE said:

Okay, so it's even worse than I had previously thought. I mean, seriously bad. And yeah, so many of the things I've mentioned so far is just utterly broken about it, though this is perhaps even worse.

I didn't notice at first, because I went to all games. There each game seems to be listed by when they were released. Go to any of the "deals".... there it isn't sorted. That's way worse than you think. It doesn't mean the game will come in random order, it means each time you refresh the page, you'll see random games. It's often the same, because the servers will do pretty much the exact same to get the games each time, but there's no guarantee. What this means is, you can go to the next page, and see the previous page games, got to next page, and still see the same games. This does happen, not all the games, but some of them. It also means you'll miss all the games that goes from next page to previous when you click next. Difficult to see if you've checked all the games or not. This is horrendous with 30 pages of deals. It's just broken. It's not usable, like in any sensible way.

Sony be like:

- "Hey, we have a huge sale going on right now, 300+ games on sale, come check out on your New and Improved! PS Store.

*Playstation owner clicks the deals tab, then show all deals*

- "So here we have all the games that are in a sale right now, would you be interested in some Red Dead Redemption with 10% OFF!!! ?"

*PS user clicks on page 2 of all deals section*

- "What do you mean you don't want that RDR 2 with 10% OFF!!!, I will put it on the second page as well so you can decide better."

*PS user still finding nothing worth buying, click page 3*

- "Well, well, I think someone is clearly missing our RDR 2 with 10% OFF deal and we couldn't let our precious customer lose this unique sale opportunity, so we are going to put on page 3 as well.

*PS user just notices that he/she has seen the same deal for RDR 2 in 3 pages in a row, get a bit confused and checks previous page to see if anymore games keep repeating themselves.

*PS user finds out that every 30 games in one page, 13 of may repeat themselves in a randomly order in the next pages. Confusion intensifies*

*PS user finally realizes that the new PS Store is crap and doesn't work at all, then log-in in his/her Steam Account to buy those same games on PS Store, but with cheaper prices and in well organized digital store."

- "I guess that user really didn't want to buy our RDR 2 with 10% OFF, huh? Who cares anyway, we're on top of game babe."

P.S: This mockery was hastily done because I had to go bed, pardon any lack of substance in some of the lines or bad grammar.*

Edited by Otonio_Bruno
  • Like 2

So I tried having another go on this store, and I gave up after 20 minutes. 

Finding DLC is literally a nightmare. Nothing is sorted, and when you click on the game itself you get this ballooned out page where everything seems to be there to waste much needed space. 

I can’t see file sizes anymore. I have to be extremely specific in the search box otherwise the results are garbage. I always enjoyed seeing the suggestions for other games that would show up on the old store. If you were looking at Mega Man 11 for instance, you could find other potential games in the same genre that might interest you. 

Here, I’m basically getting an assortment of random games. Browsing page after page isn’t consistent either. You often get the same games after you click to the next page. 

This was horrible design and poor execution. Sony apparently forgot there are still many people who use Windows 10, Apple and Linux computers. Not everything should be catered to the smartphone. 

• Like 2

On 11/15/2020 at 10:23 PM, Spaz said:

Finding DLC is literally a nightmare. Nothing is sorted, and when you click on the game itself you get this ballooned out page where everything seems to be there to waste much needed space. 

Agree 100%. I'm a Rock Band user and to find anything now is a literal nightmare.

I cannot believe they'd make it this non-user friendly and expect their sales to stay the same. I cannot stand using the console store on PS4.... 

• 1 year later...
On 20/10/2020 at 8:15 PM, Lance_87 said:

Talking about the new Library site, i'm seeing 20-30 themes stuck in the queue, after i mass-redownloaded all of them from my account(s).

Well great, now i can finally remove them, but only one at a time and you must refresh the page after a removal. They changed some little features in the site, i.e. they inverted the filter and the download list in the Library, added a section for Played games (the same as on PS4, at least), and added a visible (but greyed out) download button for games with deactivated systems.