Making party chats is an inconvenient mess now

Superbuu3

Currently in the new party update you have to make a message/party group to invite your friends. There is no option to just add multiple people into a new party you created. This will mean your whole inbox if you are social become a complete mess. There is currently no way to organise your inbox. I can't see any functional reason for this to be considered more efficient. 

Is there any way for us to get sony to roll back this update, because i see my notifications are going to be spammed with so and so left the group everytime i play something. This is going to get really annoying fast.

• Like 1

I totally agree. Sony is on some wack shit recently, where are the people that they are imagining "asked" for these past updates?

I propose everyone of PSNP makes a petition to roll back the past two updates. @Sly Ripper should make a page when you first open the website with the link on it asking everyone to sign it. Not required, just highly suggested if you didn't like them.

Edited by shxrpay

Seriously, Sony has done so many things in literally just a few weeks that has me really disappointed, and kinda worried for the PS5's future. If that whole thing with PS3, Vita and PSP games no longer being able to be purchased from the web store turns out to be true (and sadly it seems more and more likely it will be), then that's just the cherry on the top.

Personally the whole party chat thing doesn't really affect me since I never used it anyway, always just used discord the few times I played together with friends online, but I realise that's not a convenient option for everyone. I can't imagine why Sony decided to make this change, I really don't understand why they've been so anti-consumer lately. It really does feel like they've gotten overly arrogant with their success as of late. Almost makes me hope that the PS5 doesn't meet sales expectations (but of course it will) so they have to eat a slice of humble pie.

I haven't even updated my PS4 to 8.00 yet with all these horror stories I've been hearing. No idea if they're related to the update or PSN's servers, but hopefully they get resolved at some point.

On 14.10.2020 at 1:52 PM, Superbuu3 said:

Currently in the new party update you have to make a message/party group to invite your friends. There is no option to just add multiple people into a new party you created. This will mean your whole inbox if you are social become a complete mess. There is currently no way to organise your inbox. I can't see any functional reason for this to be considered more efficient. 

Is there any way for us to get sony to roll back this update, because i see my notifications are going to be spammed with so and so left the group everytime i play something. This is going to get really annoying fast.

its really annoying this update

Pretty sure 8.00 is messing with network connectivity issues as well. Never had disconnections in the past, not its so bad and so weird cuz I have Fiber Internet. Its like Sony what else do you want me to do? Break into NASA HQ and steal their 2GB Uber Ultra High speed Internet? Its very frustrating when only my PS4 is on the fritz and everything else like my laptop and cellphone has normal connection.

I also agree with the invitations as well. In the past you can start a party and individually invite people for one time parties. Now its integrated into the chats as well. So if I want a close knit group but want one friend to chat with all us for one party they get invited to the whole thing. Its a mess

SMH Sony, roll it back.