Phantom Breaker: Omnia announced (March 15, 2022)

Suminya

Lovely! I must admit that before I started watching the trailer, I rolled my eyes so hard expecting this to be yet another beat-em-up in the franchise. But lo and behold, the west is finally getting a Phantom Breaker tournament fighter! I think I’m even more surprised by the fact it’ll have an English voice cast too. That’s great, but eww, Monica Rial ???

I’m still looking forward to this all the same. Nice choice of guest characters too ❤️ Kurisu Makise from Steins;Gate and Rimi Sakihata from Chaos;Head ^^

• Like 3

10 hours ago, ShonenCat said:

Lovely! I must admit that before I started watching the trailer, I rolled my eyes so hard expecting this to be yet another beat-em-up in the franchise. But lo and behold, the west is finally getting a Phantom Breaker tournament fighter! I think I’m even more surprised by the fact it’ll have an English voice cast too. That’s great, but eww, Monica Rial 1f644.png??

I’m still looking forward to this all the same. Nice choice of guest characters too 2764.png Kurisu Makise from Steins;Gate and Rimi Sakihata from Chaos;Head ^^

Phantom Breaker wasn't the crossover fighter on Vita?  Or am i confusing the games ? I'm sorry to correct you but it's Makise Kurisu not the other way around,  at least by the original source in japanese and the one I'm really used to say and hear but perhaps the english dub switch the order of the names.

Oh, oh, I remember this one. There was a PS3 version that came out in Japan years ago that I was planning to import. I never got around to doing that btw, but I'm glad it's finally seeing a western release on newer platforms.

As for the game itself, well, I know nothing more of it other than it looks solid. I'm all in for the characters and the rocking soundtrack, though.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

The long awaited reveal of Phantom Breaker: Omnia's two new characters is finally here! World meet, Artifactor and Maestra!

Artifactor:

A capricious cosmic architect from a god-like race of beings known as Reverants. One of the original creators of the universe, the so-called ‘Fu-menison Artifacts’ – mystical weapons of great strength – were tools of her design used to construct reality as we know it. She is currently the only known Reverant left in existence.

Artifactor is voiced by Yui Nakajima (Japanese) and Cassandra Lee Morris (English).

Maestra:

She once dwelled in Mikoto's Fu-mension Artifact, Maestro, until Mikoto's wish to not fight made her manifest into being. Though naive and a bit clumsy outside of battle, she bravely fights in Mikoto's stead and loves her mistress dearly. Ever protective, she stays close to Mikoto's side at all times.

Maestra is voiced by Mai Sato (Japanese) and Xanthe Huynh (English).

Edited by Suminya
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Here's the opening movie, in both Japanese and English.

For those who are curious about the song itself: It is called 'Let it All Burn' and is performed by Mai Sato (Japanese) and LeeandLie (AmaLee) (English). The full English version of the song can also be found here.

And for those who have a Steam account: A PC demo has been released a few days ago, you can find it on the game's official Steam page . The demo will be available until February 28 and features 4 characters (Mikoto, Waka, Yuzuha and Itsuki) who can be played in the game's "VS Mode" against the CPU or another player.

Edited by Suminya
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's coming, boys. What everyone wanted. It's finally here.

Hell yeah!

Hoping this won't be an April's Fool joke, because if so, I'm going to be severely disappointed. :P

If anyone was still on the verge of whether you should get this game or not, I hope you'll reconsider now that this Spicy Edition will be coming out. ?

• Like 3