No Escaping Fate *Problem*

31 minutes ago, A2Fast_2Furious said:

Going off of a guide that's been accurate so far for everything else, these are the requirements: 

Angela: If she fights off her demon by herself in her first encounter when she gets pulled into the sewer, you get a trophy for Angela surviving, which would mean in this encounter she has to ask John and Andrew for help. I tried it with her encounter at the church but apparently that isn't the specific event that triggers the trophy, just a regular trait death. Complete the QTEs to survive.

Taylor: After running from the church and the first vision of Abraham, she gots taken into the field and Daniel chases her. Daniel has to follow the "sound" not the movement/figure. Then Taylor has to ask for Daniel's help and for him to stay with her. Complete the QTEs to survive.

Daniel: When in the Mill, grab the pole that Andrew has and complete the QTEs. Tell Andrew you need help escaping the hole, and they'll both end up inside. Complete the QTEs to survive.

John: When you escape the demons and enter the ruined house, ask Andrew for help holding the door. Complete the QTEs to survive.

Andrew: There's only one way Andrew dies. Early on in a shack, you have to complete the heartbeat QTE to find the gun, and choose to keep it. Don't shoot the gun except for the one encounter saving either Daniel or Taylor. You also cannot shoot at Vince outside the church or else he calls the cops on you at the end of the game and Andrew gets arrested. Once you get to the end and kill Mary along with everyone else with your gun still having bullets, Vince will come and leave you with your inner demons, and Andrew shoots himself. This should be the correct method which I am currently trying out.

Yeah i already mentioned yesterday that it all comes down to the traits and everyone has to ask for help whenever possible. Interaction with puppets etc don't matter for this trophy.

Finaly I‘ve got the trophy. I think one important decision which hasn‘t been mentioned here (correct me if I am wrong) is with Angela at the ruined hous, if she and John are fighting there demons. There Angela has to say „I am not waiting for you“ Then she runs away like a coward. Combine that choice with the others already known and Andrew having the gun, gives the trophy.

I found that by watching this video: 

12 hours ago, Ranari_Kai said:

Finaly I‘ve got the trophy. I think one important decision which hasn‘t been mentioned here (correct me if I am wrong) is with Angela at the ruined hous, if she and John are fighting there demons. There Angela has to say „I am not waiting for you“ Then she runs away like a coward. Combine that choice with the others already known and Andrew having the gun, gives the trophy.

I found that by watching this video: 

That is already known, since it's included in duck360s guide which was posted days ago.

You can have the gun and everyone has to NOT be heroic when being attacked, to unlock the traits as mentioned before, meaning (starting from chapter "Reflections" in this order):

Taylor begs Daniel for help (fearful)

Daniel begs Andrew for help (reckless)

Angela doesn't wait for John (resentful)

John begs Andrew for help (fearful)

Then, in Mary's trial, choose "Troubled" and "Callous" so you blame Mary.

Everyone dies and Andrew shoots himself, (apparently even after I used all 4 bullets, I used 2 when I had to choose between saving Daniel and Taylor, I chose Daniel first this way I got to shoot his monster and Taylor's, after that I shot Daniel's monster twice again in the factory, but whatever lol)

I don't know why it has to be done this way, because when having the gun and have everyone make it to the house whilst being heroic and you blame Mary, it's the exact same ending, but somehow that doesn't trigger the trophy... the only difference in this run was I unlocked those mentioned traits, so if you blame the reverend or burn the doll in the end, the others won't make it out of the house still, but Megan will save Andrew from shooting himself. (This unlocks the "fate worse than death" trophy)

Edited by MissDolly02
  • Like 2

On 2.11.2020 at 11:36 AM, A2Fast_2Furious said:

Going off of a guide that's been accurate so far for everything else, these are the requirements: 

Angela: The second time Angela's demon attacks her and tries to pull her into the sewer, you must successfully complete the QTEs to have John and Andrew help you. Then at thw ruined house, you must leave John to fight his demon by himself and make sure to save her as John anyway so she can die in the house later.

Taylor: After running from the church and the first vision of Abraham, she gots taken into the field and Daniel chases her. Daniel has to follow the "sound" not the movement/figure. Then Taylor has to ask for Daniel's help and for him to stay with her. Complete the QTEs to survive.

Daniel: When in the Mill, grab the pole that Andrew has and complete the QTEs. Tell Andrew you need help escaping the hole, and they'll both end up inside. Complete the QTEs to survive.

John: When you escape the demons and enter the ruined house, ask Andrew for help holding the door. Complete the QTEs to survive.

Andrew: There's only one way Andrew dies. Early on in a shack, you have to complete the heartbeat QTE to find the gun, and choose to keep it. Don't shoot the gun except for the one encounter saving either Daniel or Taylor. You also cannot shoot at Vince outside the church or else he calls the cops on you at the end of the game and Andrew gets arrested. Once you get to the end and kill Mary along with everyone else with your gun still having bullets, Vince will come and leave you with your inner demons, and Andrew shoots himself. 

EDIT: can confirm this is the correct method as I have gotten the trophy this way.

I did everything like mentioned above.

Nobody was heroic and everybody made it to the ruined house.

I had no gun.

I condemned Mary.

Daniel, Taylor, Angela und John died in the house.

Andrew survived.

The trophy popped.

• Like 2

On 11/3/2020 at 8:02 PM, Calypox said:

I had no gun.

I condemned Mary.

Andrew survived.

The trophy popped.

Um,unless you got a bug to get this trophy Andrew needs to have the gun and shot himself at the ruined house sooooo

Edited by TakemetoNarnia4

On 03/11/2020 at 6:02 PM, Calypox said:

I had no gun.

I condemned Mary.

Andrew survived.

The trophy popped.

I can confirm this method works. Played through Curators cut, and did not pick up the gun. Everyone died in the house due to not being heroic, and I condemned Mary. Somehow annoyed Vince along the way (probably due to the fact that this was my hearts only playthrough with some changes at the Ruined House), and Andrew got arrested at the end. Trophy popped after credits.

• 2 weeks later...

Well i got No Escaping Fate but not the trophy for killing everyone since i didn't have the gun and Andrew couldnt blow his brains out. Got kinda surprised that you could get No Escaping Fate without killing Andrew. Hopefully i'll get everyone killed in my hearts playthrough

Edited by Quink666

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

There’s so much information missed out on the requirements to keep everyone alive though, until the charred house at the end, like I get the main points like making sure everyone is a **** to each other etc, but there’s lots of other intricate decisions that need to be made too that aren’t mentioned I one guide, I’ve had to search multiple sources to make sure I don’t have to replay more than I have to, like for example, one of the guides I’m using says to combine this trophy on a Hearts only run which ties in with the group fighting with each other more, and at The Crossing chapter, Angela encounters her demon here for the first time, it would have been nice to know that as Andrew you must choose to save John here NOT Angela, because if you want to save her on Hearts run your screwed not knowing this choice beforehand, naturally you would think saving Angela is the option to choose or she will die, seeing as the demon is after her, but she has 2 options BOTH of which are Head decisions when approaching Andrew, so you have to choose to say nothing which results in her death anyway, choosing to save John will give you QTE’s as Angela to then save her, just wish someone would make a step by step guide on this particular trophy on all the important decisions, I’m on movie night theatrical if that makes a difference 

17 hours ago, Shmeefly said:

she has 2 options BOTH of which are Head decisions when approaching Andrew, so you have to choose to say nothing 

They changed how the trophy works between Man of Medan and Little Hope. In this game, when BOTH options are Head decisions you can choose EITHER of them on a Heart run without invalidating things

4 hours ago, BGriff1986 said:

They changed how the trophy works between Man of Medan and Little Hope. In this game, when BOTH options are Head decisions you can choose EITHER of them on a Heart run without invalidating things

Well that’s just misleading imo lol anyway I created a guide for this trophy with all the relevant information needed in 1 place, I made a new post, it has everything you need based on the mode i chose to run with 

edit: I’ve read reports that doing this actually will screw the trophy for whatever decision trophy your going for, which makes sense to me, picking a head decision in a hearts playthrough should and would void the trophy, in these instances your supposed to pick the 3rd option (say nothing)... maybe this game has a few glitches or something where you’ve got lucky and it still popped for you, but i wouldn’t count on it, and it’s defeating the point of the trophy if you are able to pick the other... if your going for hearts/heads only I would stay safe and pick only the ones your going for, I’ve made a guide as I said for the tricky trophy and tbh replaying from the church took barely a couple hours to finish

Edited by Shmeefly

3 hours ago, Shmeefly said:

edit: I’ve read reports that doing this actually will screw the trophy for whatever decision trophy your going for, which makes sense to me, picking a head decision in a hearts playthrough should and would void the trophy,

The reports are wrong, unless the game has been patched to make things worse since launch

When you look at the pause screen, the wording is something along the lines of “you have only made heart decisions, when possible”. If it’s not possible to make a heart decision you can 100% make either decision

To add... both the pause screen and the scene select menu tell you if you’re still on a specific route. So all you’ve got to do is keep track of those to check you’ve not made a mistake

Edited by BGriff1986

5 hours ago, BGriff1986 said:

The reports are wrong, unless the game has been patched to make things worse since launch

When you look at the pause screen, the wording is something along the lines of “you have only made heart decisions, when possible”. If it’s not possible to make a heart decision you can 100% make either decision

To add... both the pause screen and the scene select menu tell you if you’re still on a specific route. So all you’ve got to do is keep track of those to check you’ve not made a mistake

One of the reports I read did say that after making one of those decisions it no longer said that in the pause screen, it did screw their run, but maybe your right, maybe there’s been a patch, maybe the in game checklist is a little temperamental at times who knows, at least if you choose one and it does screw you, you can just back out and go chapter select and redo the chapter, or backup at the decision beforehand to the cloud, i personally played it safe on my runs though, I mean the heart/head only run are easy trophies, it’s just about trying to combine them with as many of the other trophies as possible to make the platinum run as quick as possible isn’t it, only takes 3 and a half runs for the plat anyway, quick game once you’ve played it once and done all collectibles 

Edited by Shmeefly

• 1 month later...

Just popped the trophy.

I didn't have the gun so Andrew stayed alive until the end (still got the trophy)

Angela died right outside the house during the fight scene. I acussed Mary of witchcraft and chose all heart decisions, being selfish and fearful with all my characters along the way.

Hope it helps someone.