recommended DotD build

Deluziion90

Currently running everything +10 ninjutsu build which is worthless in dotd so what did you guys use to clear this?

I’ve been looking around on youtube but most guides are crazy optimized sets.

I was thinking about the Benkei set with splitstaff but uncertain if that’s going to do the job.

Just looking for a set that’s going to do the job for the trophies.

any help appreciated

I used full mataza set + spear in the beginning then transferred to benzaiten set during last dlc with claws, because I was tired of spear. worked pretty much the same.
honestly, just run what you have as DotD is not that hard if you know the game, if you're filling tough with some bosses use the shire to summon visitor or nioh discord is pretty nice guys.

• Like 1

I completed the second dlc on way of the strong to be able to get the full hayabusa set, then in wotd i soul matched the entire set.

The full hayabusa bonus gives a big damage upgrade to the katana and also gives an increase to iframes while dodging.

I tempered the equipment to get good bonuses including imbue lightning on it to slow down enemies.

• Like 1

I'm running a glass-cannon poison ninja build with high kunai damage and a little Onmyo magic on the side. Flying Kato set + Kusarigama/Sword. I think all my gear was somewhere around +19 by the time I finished all missions on DotD. I wouldn't necessarily recommend this setup, especially if you want to block or tank damage (if that's even possible on DotD), but I've been using it forever and I'm also too lazy to respec.

• Like 1

Thanks all for the suggestions!

Currently I stuck with Benkei set+splitstaff. At the moment everything is around +15 and still missing some dragon dance soulmatching. Zero issues with beating the first 2 regions but can definitely see it getting harder as I'm still around lvl 290.

16 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

Thanks all for the suggestions!

Currently I stuck with Benkei set+splitstaff. At the moment everything is around +15 and still missing some dragon dance soulmatching. Zero issues with beating the first 2 regions but can definitely see it getting harder as I'm still around lvl 290.

Level doesn't really matter. I finished the first DLC on DotD at level 280ish. Just take proper care of your equipment, make sure to properly temper and reforge it.

But yeah, it will get a bit tougher. Especially Yoshitsune was a bitch since I hadn't fought him on lower difficulties, but everything else wasn't too bad. 

I would recommend, especially for the second DLC, to at least level up your Omnyo a little bit. Elemental Resistance talismans will make all the difference in the world. If you noticed, status ailments aren't that useful on DotD. If you stick to the Splitstaff, I would recommend using Purity. It's very good in its own right, and will help you debuff enemies (especially those with red auras...)

4 hours ago, Arcesius said:

Level doesn't really matter. I finished the first DLC on DotD at level 280ish. Just take proper care of your equipment, make sure to properly temper and reforge it.

But yeah, it will get a bit tougher. Especially Yoshitsune was a bitch since I hadn't fought him on lower difficulties, but everything else wasn't too bad. 

I would recommend, especially for the second DLC, to at least level up your Omnyo a little bit. Elemental Resistance talismans will make all the difference in the world. If you noticed, status ailments aren't that useful on DotD. If you stick to the Splitstaff, I would recommend using Purity. It's very good in its own right, and will help you debuff enemies (especially those with red auras...)

Great tips thanks. Omnyo is pretty high for me so thats good to know. I’ll definitely try purity later on thanks!

I’ll be happy when I’m able to unlock the DLC. Worst case scenario there’s always someone willing to help ?

My build is beyond broken.. I have 200 points invested in Dex and 150 in courage. I have 5300 defense and 5800 health. I also have 3660 attack. And im only level 440... Almost every 550  I have seen, I out-stat them in all three categories (Defense, HP, attack).. Guess I've had a lot of very nice RNG and I use marici grace with heavy armor.. I also have untouched ninjitsu on every piece of armor and ninjitsu power on most pieces.. I think my ninjitsu power is hovering around 800... I can solo any mission on wise.. I'm not trying to be cocky here at all, if you need help, message me on site, or on this forum thread, and then send me a PSN friend req and I will screenshot my build and I can help you through any mission on any difficulty (I can carry, ez solo).. My finishing final blow and grapple damage is insane.. I use fists/claws as my main weapon and axe (only for combat buff effect) as my secondary.. My build is extremely broken and I hope DotN can humble me, but this third dlc.. the more I play, the better my stats get.. and I keep getting insane drops.. honestly, I have never had better RNG in any video game I have ever played in my entire life.. and I'm 32.. so that's a lot of gaming years...

So far Dream of the Demon has been destroyed and I'm halfway done now with Dream of the Wise.

- Full Benkei set everything +30

- Everything min/max elemental %dmg 

- Active skill Dmg

just holding Square and spamming everything to death lol. 

First time I actually feel prepared for the 3th DLC that's coming 

Currently working towards a build from FightingCowboy

I crushed through DotD with a Versatility / Active Skill Damage hybrid dual sword / sword build. The equipment is practically the heaviest armor you can get, with mixed Benzaiten's Grace and Bishamonten's grace, it provides you high survivability (300 toughness is essential, though) with good damage thanks to Versatility stacks. I used this build to complete DotW as well, and did not have any problems - I was surprised a bit that you actually don't need to upgrade to orange graces to have a chance on DotW. It's not a one shot build, far from it, but it's pretty fun to use the different skills and makes you play creatively.

General tips/ideas for DotD:

- Use the heaviest armor possible but keep yourself in green agility

- Confusion is still OP, so dual element is heavily preferred, either on weapons or complemented by soul cores

- Soul Cores - depending on preferences obviously, but Kasha, Gozuki, Nuppeppo are all excellent choices. Kasha for Fire damage (helps a ton applying confusion), Gozuki for massive Ki damage and Nuppeppo for rage / extra damage.

- The help from Scampuss is also very OP, you can have three up at the same time. I did not use any Clay Bell of Beckoning before, so have a lot in my inventory, I often bring some to high level Scroll of the Wise missions, and they deplete the boss' Ki surprisingly quick