Best Character

TheSecretSociety

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

As a Narimiya fan I'm totall rooting for Tanimura. Tho i must say Akiyama is the most original, definitely enjoyed playing him a lot! (I loved Majima in Dead Souls ;;)

Tbh I don't like Kiryu very much, he seems to have a very flat character imo (could also be down to the fact that I played 3 and 4 straight after each other and was soooo tired of him)

Saejima is generally a great character but I found his combat style horrible

• 5 months later...

Like Tepp here, Tanimura as well but Akiyama was the most original and not to mention his move-set is quite fun compared to Tanimura and Saejima. Kiryu has to take place third in this game though as I felt he was really forced in the game's story for the sake of being the main guy of the series.

• 1 month later...

My favorite is Taiga, with everyone else (especially Akiyama) it felt like I was playing on easy no matter what difficulty I played on. Taiga's beginning chapter was the first time I had to use healing items when facing an opponent that wasn't Amon. It felt so rewarding when he became Godlike mid-endgame.

Overall though, I liked them all. My only issue was when I got to Kiryu's section. To go from three new characters, each with a different fighting style, only to end it with the character I've played with for 3(4?) games. That was kind of a letdown. I still like them all though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Have to agree with many of you.  It's Akiyama for me, but most of the characters are so well rounded that I feel bad for singling one out. 

I only finished the game today and I've been dipping in and out of it for so many weeks that I'm going to miss all of them.  I deliberately didn't aim for platinum though so I look forward to revisiting for that later this year. 

• 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...