Dead Ops Arcade 3 PS5 Crashing

15 minutes ago, timenoe said:

Those weren't the triggers for me sadly. It just happens at random points in the wild. No real way to prevent it.

Thats really unfortunate im sorry for u but one thing is for sure as it seems its only crashing in the wild areas. Really sad that nearly all PS5 games are buggy atm so is AC and I also heard about Spiderman.

4 hours ago, soziaLSturmi said:

Thats really unfortunate im sorry for u but one thing is for sure as it seems its only crashing in the wild areas. Really sad that nearly all PS5 games are buggy atm so is AC and I also heard about Spiderman.

it crashed for me and my friend at the boss, its really sad we wasted about 12 hours on it to crash

• Like 2

On 2020-11-22 at 9:59 AM, Mooseules said:

Yea. I've had my PS5 shut off 3 or 4 times now in the past 24 hours from dead ops arcade, always in the wild or fate areas.

It's basically black ops 4 all over again. Treyarch are proving that they are incapable of releasing a working game on release. Nothing but sheer disappointment and utter frustration to have it crash on round 60 in dead ops arcade in the wild, and that was with the host on ps4. 

While it's understandable to blame Treyarch it's mainly Activision who's at fault. They will continue to run with the titles Modern Warfare and Black Ops until the series is dead. Sledgehammer was supposed to work on this title (~3 years of development time) but instead, it got tossed to Treyarch. I'm not gonna defend Treyarch to the ends of the earth, because Black Ops 4 was extremely disappointing to me and Cold War doesn't look too compelling, but all the blame shouldn't be placed on them. Infinity Ward had three years to develop Modern Warfare and for many, it was an extremely disappointing title (it had a couple of really awesome campaign missions but besides that, the campaign wasn't revolutionary). Plus, COD's aren't "complete" until at least a few months after launch. If you pick up the game in March it will be way better than at launch. The game has free DLC too, following in Modern Warfare's footsteps which in my opinion is better for consumers, who cares if a bunch of whales pick up worthless cosmetics if it means the player base (multiplayer and zombies) isn't divided.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, timenoe said:

That's the exact time it crashed for me a second time! After I killed that skeleton giant boss, and about to walk into the gate, it crashes. PAIN...

The good thing is though, I've basically become a master at the game as you said. Now us solo players basically just have to wait. 

Yeah just a big waiting game now. have a feeling its gonna be a while till it gets patched since its dead ops plus their about to release the first season for the game. Fingers crossed though. 

To anyone following this: In my experience, it seems the only way to get it as a PS5 player is to play a match with a PS4 host. That is the only way I was able to get it. 

If anyone was able to get past the wild after round 60 with a PS5 host, by all means, say so. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, timenoe said:

To anyone following this: In my experience, it seems the only way to get it as a PS5 player is to play a match with a PS4 host. That is the only way I was able to get it. 

If anyone was able to get past the wild after round 60 with a PS5 host, by all means, say so. 

I tried with a ps4 as host. He crashed to the main screen with an error code on round 46. It could have been random but idk.

I played 5 games got to round 60+ with ps5 as host and crashed. Played again with ps5 as host and completed it. Got lucky.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, offdutysuperhero said:

I tried with a ps4 as host. He crashed to the main screen with an error code on round 46. It could have been random but idk.

I played 5 games got to round 60+ with ps5 as host and crashed. Played again with ps5 as host and completed it. Got lucky.

Good to know that there is at least a chance of getting through the crashes.

• Like 1