Will Player 2 (local) get trophies?

Milovich

What the title says, if anyone knows feel free to post the answer below.

I'm just putting this out there as it was frustrating for both my friend and I to learn that we had to 100% both Overcooked 1 and 2 twice since only player 1's progress got tracked (local co-op, we were both signed in). I really hope they fixed it for this iteration of the game but I have a feeling that they haven't...

• 3 weeks later...

Player 2 will also get story trophies (I got some as the 2nd Player) but not perfectly.  As the second player, it stopped tracking my progress properly.  For instance I got the trophy for finishing Overcooked 1, but after I started 2, the tutorial trophy for 1&2 didn’t pop.  It says I have progress into Overcooked 2.  Other trophies stopped progress as well.  My advice is to do 1&2 before you mess around with the misc 4-P split controller things- I think that is what glitched it for me.  

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve just played the whole of the game also as second player (only overcooked 1) and now have 24/30 levels complete which Is annoying. Will be playing through it again all tomorrow I guess :(

player 1 got 30/30 but the tracking is defiantly bugged on it

• 7 months later...

I also had tracking problems when playing with a second player. The only solution was to delete the save and do each game in one sitting. We found that turning off the second controller at any time would cause the game to stop tracking. Player 1 could turn off their controller but not 2. We both ended up getting the platinum at the same time in the end. If you're planning on having your couch partner getting all the trophies be prepared to marathon the game. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/23/2020 at 2:00 AM, Heather342 said:

Both players will get the miscellaneous trophies like playing as certain chefs and levels, or things like clockwork kitchen etc. But the campaign trophies only player 1 will get the trophies for completing the story

Started a campaign local-co-op with me being Player1. 

Both players got Pop! and Get Berried trophies at same time. So this is confusing...

Pop!
Complete a kitchen on a Balloon

Get Berried
Complete a kitchen in the Mines

Do you suppose it really only means the campaign completion trophy, below, would only appear for Player1 ?

Hero of Thyme
Complete Overcooked! and save the Onion Kingdom!

The Unbread
Complete Overcooked! 2 and save the Onion Kingdom…again

All You Can Eat
Complete The Ever Peckish Rises campaign

9/10 EDIT:  We played a bit more, and weirdly the console stopped tracking campaign levels completed for my partner. We finished Ever Peckish dlc levels. And then we both got  All You Can Eat (Complete The Ever Peckish Rises campaign)  But on their tracker, they didn't get a World Traveler stat increase. (Complete the first level in all Worlds 1's).

I did, and I got  World Renowned Chef (Discover all locations/ levels in the main games) at the same time we we unlocked the last Overcooked 2 campaign level. I did get the Overcooked 2 campaign trophy, and they did not. Their tracker hasn't changed since yesterday at 19/36 Overcooked 2 levels. 

Quite frustrating, as truly it means we have to play both campaigns twice, once for each of us to get campaign complete trophies. This is done on the same console, playing locally. Under my profile as player 1,  my partner as player 2 (whom also has an account on this console). 

We're going to try doing Overcooked 1 campaign on different consoles, via online co-op. See if that works. Well report back if it helps. 

Edited by ZZ383
adding personal experience to post.

For both players to get trophies you need to do each game in one sitting. The second you turn off the console or even turn off the second player's controller it will stop tracking. Not only that but it will never start tracking again. The only solution for me was to completely delete the game's data every time we went to played. We did both end up getting the platinum trophy at the same moment. 

On 9/8/2021 at 3:34 AM, ZZ383 said:

9/10 EDIT:  We played a bit more, and weirdly the console stopped tracking campaign levels completed for my partner. We finished Ever Peckish dlc levels. And then we both got  All You Can Eat (Complete The Ever Peckish Rises campaign)  But on their tracker, they didn't get a World Traveler stat increase. (Complete the first level in all Worlds 1's).

11 hours ago, ACA5632 said:

For both players to get trophies you need to do each game in one sitting. The second you turn off the console or even turn off the second player's controller it will stop tracking. Not only that but it will never start tracking again. The only solution for me was to completely delete the game's data every time we went to played. We did both end up getting the platinum trophy at the same moment. 

How does deleting the game data (not save data) help ?

Also that sounds exactly right. It worked the first time properly and then never again after that. In a game that takes 4-5 hours for the campaign, that's a huge ask for me and my pal to do. 

Sorry if what I said was confusing. I meant save data. I had to wipe the save data clean from settings every time we wanted to play. We got really good at overcooked 1 so we did it in like 3 hours. Only other solution is to always keep player 2's controller on if you want to take a break. Player 1 can turn off their controller but if player 2 does it will stop tracking.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ACA5632 said:

Thanks for the info, Sieg. That’s an awkward way to make sure everyone gets the trophies but at least it works.

• 2 months later...
On 11/09/2021 at 6:44 AM, ACA5632 said:

Sorry if what I said was confusing. I meant save data. I had to wipe the save data clean from settings every time we wanted to play. We got really good at overcooked 1 so we did it in like 3 hours. Only other solution is to always keep player 2's controller on if you want to take a break. Player 1 can turn off their controller but if player 2 does it will stop tracking.

Just to clarify, did you delete the save data for both players or only the glitched player?