PS5 allowing game region change?

LazHimself

I saw a few posts on twitter that if you select the three dots next to "play" on certain games, you can actually choose which region version you play. Much like some games will list the beta release, etc.

I was wondering what games this works on, and would that allow for trophy stacks on games that have multiple lists for each region?

I tried a few myself but no luck on different regions. Anyone else heard of this or has found any games it works on?

I'd post the tweet but I can't find it now.

4 hours ago, LazHimself said:

Ok found it. It DOES have the option, but he didn't clarify until the follow up tweet that you must buy each region on it's own. I don't see why this feature is even a "Feature" lol.

It's not really a feature. It's just a way of cleaning up the homescreen by preventing the same game taking up multiple spots.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, LazHimself said:

Ok found it. It DOES have the option, but he didn't clarify until the follow up tweet that you must buy each region on it's own. I don't see why this feature is even a "Feature" lol.

My mistake everyone.

This just allows you to select Digital Soundtrack/Artbook/whatever. It doesn't allow you to change game region. It's just some games have long names that go like PS4 | Full | Bloodborne | Digital Artbook, so you lose Digital Artbook part.

• Like 2

Yes you can choose which region you want to play when clicking the three dots. However, it doesn’t tell you which region it is. For example, I bought the EU and NA version of Snake Boat. Clicked the three dots and quickly changed the region. So got both stacks for the game.

I guess it’s easier and cleaner for the UI rather than having 3 or 4 applications of the same game.

But just remember, you still have to buy those regional games if you want to stack.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, EclipseDev said:

Can someone help me with this, is there any way at all to download a different region version of a game without having to make a second PSN account?

When you make an account, it's locked to whichever region you select. You'll need additional accounts for each different region you want to purchase games from.

• Like 2