Tips for Heroic (and the game in general)

StraightVege

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

How do the difficulty trophies in this game work?

Can I do a Normal playthrough first and do Insane on Ex Mode or is that locked at the highest completed difficulty? Can’t find an answer to this. 

Thanks.

27 minutes ago, Baker said:

How do the difficulty trophies in this game work?

Can I do a Normal playthrough first and do Insane on Ex Mode or is that locked at the highest completed difficulty? Can’t find an answer to this. 

Thanks.

I am not sure if you can as I just played on Insane mode for my first playthrough. Not only does it prep you for the level of damage that enemies will do to you on Heroic but it'll help you develop strategies and you get to learn the spawn points. 

As for heroic, just like shadow warrior, you start fresh with no EX option. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 29-12-2021 at 7:54 PM, StraightVege said:

Yeah, I also began on Insane, so I don't know. It's not that tough, anyway, and as stated above, helps you acclimate for Heroic.

Well for me this is a lot harder than Shadow Warrior. I’m halfway through the game on insane and my death count is already triple that of my entire SW platinum run. ?

Mostly because I don’t know what to expect, so my consecutive runs shouldn’t cause so many deaths.

Anyway I got a question and maybe you could answer it for me. It seems I missed one collectible in the first half of the game and I would just like to know.. How the hell do I pull up this screen?

DxtuNR9.png

If I look at the controls in options the touchpad should pull up a journal and I’m guessing this is it, but either both of the touchpads of my 2 controllers are broken or it’s the wrong button. No idea which other button it could be, or if it’s even possible on PS4. But it comes in handy tracking collectibles, so maybe you remember.

Thanks.

I have to agree. In both of the SWs, all I ever used was the horizontal power attack - no exaggeration (a few rocket launcher shots at the end of chapter 16, sure).

For a game to flaunt as many weapons beside the sword, it's a bit embarrassing that you're not even required to fire a single bullet if you don't want to bother.

In HRR, it's the complete opposite where the sword is a death sentence and you have to juggle between various weapons depending of what you're facing. A stark contrast between the two titles, for sure.

I believe I died around 40 times or so in the first playtrough, and probably half or more of those were related to reaching collectibles.

As for the statistics, I think you can only watch them from the main menu. When you go for the collectibles, it's important you pay attention towards the debriefing screen as if not, you'll have to repeat s big chuck of the game just for that. And the touchpad is only for reading messages you come across.

Edited by Mellenthin
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've recently started playing this myself and I've gotta say the difficulty of this game is so greatly exagerated. 

Initial blind insane run I died 10 times

1 at turret boss - didn't realise about the infinite spawners

1 at Atlas - 1 hit instakill (125 on health and shield)

1 at double scarab fight in that tiny enclosed area (mini scarabs glitched and infinitely spawned)

5 due to me falling of an edge

2 from chain reactions (didn't realise I was too close)

so now I've started heroic and I'm up to the last few levels and haven't died yet.

For a game that is supposedly 9/10 difficulty going by other sites, I'm struggling to find how?  Dash is OP, whilst dashing you rarely, if ever take damage.  As OP says Stasis Bubble and Suction Grenade make everything far easier.  The smart gun loses a lot of it's punch against the bigger enemies on heroic, but it can still make the vast majority of the game eaiser.  I will say, RPG and stasis bubble for scarabs, depleting its shields is pointless.

EDIT - after getting to the final level I can say that the only hard part of the whole run is the 2 Heavy Scarabs (and all the little bastards) in the tiny enclosed area just before the final area.  This is the only part of the run I died on (3 times).

Edited by Dark_Overlord
  • Like 2

• 10 months later...

How do I beat Atlas second phase on Heroic?

Dash doesn’t seem to work anymore and he just one shots me to death because I can’t out dash his projectiles.

It takes an hour to even get there, and after 3 failed attempts, I would like some tips for my 4th attempt. ?

Using Smart Gun for phase 1 and RPG for phase 2 btw. Or should I stick with Smart Gun?

57 minutes ago, Baker said:

How do I beat Atlas second phase on Heroic?

Dash doesn’t seem to work anymore and he just one shots me to death because I can’t out dash his projectiles.

It takes an hour to even get there, and after 3 failed attempts, I would like some tips for my 4th attempt. 1f605.png

Using Smart Gun for phase 1 and RPG for phase 2 btw. Or should I stick with Smart Gun?

I can't remember exactly what I did (been a while now), but I vaguely remember at the second phase I used the pillars at the corner of the arena for cover and peeked out every so often to get shots off.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dark_Overlord said:

I can't remember exactly what I did (been a while now), but I vaguely remember at the second phase I used the pillars at the corner of the arena for cover and peeked out every so often to get shots off.

Yeah I just tried this. And it worked fine in the beginning. But I still get some splash damage and at one point I need to make a dash for a health pick up. And then he basically one shots me because I won’t make it..

1 minute ago, Baker said:

Yeah I just tried this. And it worked fine in the beginning. But I still get some splash damage and at one point I need to make a dash for a health pick up. And then he basically one shots me because I won’t make it..

Are you spamming dash to get away?  His rockets pretty much go  in a straight line to where he aimed.

I think hiding behind the pillars required a bit of timing (and distance) to ensure his rockets always hit the pillar and you don't receive any damage.

Just now, Dark_Overlord said:

Are you spamming dash to get away?  His rockets pretty much go  in a straight line to where he aimed.

I think hiding behind the pillars required a bit of timing (and distance) to ensure his rockets always hit the pillar and you don't receive any damage.

Well it seems dash isn’t even working properly anymore in that phase for me. It’s weird. I have no problem dashing in the first phase but in the second it doesn’t work well.

Next time I’ll try to stay behind the pillar the entire fight and hope my shield and ammo replenish fast enough.

Thanks.

2 minutes ago, Baker said:

Well it seems dash isn’t even working properly anymore in that phase for me. It’s weird. I have no problem dashing in the first phase but in the second it doesn’t work well.

Next time I’ll try to stay behind the pillar the entire fight and hope my shield and ammo replenish fast enough.

Thanks.

Try to keep a pillar or 2 full of armor/health/ammo, literally don't touch them till that part of the fight, might help you survive a bit longer :)

• Like 1

Just now, Dark_Overlord said:

Try to keep a pillar or 2 full of armor/health/ammo, literally don't touch them till that part of the fight, might help you survive a bit longer :)

Yep. I was thinking the same thing. First phase is easy for me now anyways. 

Sorry I can't offer worthwhile advice here, but so much time has passed since I played this (2020?!), that all I remember about the battle in question is spamming strafe dashes while firing Smartgun shots. Always regretted being too lazy to record some videos to accompany this thread. Best of luck, though!

• Like 2

Alright I beat him. Dash worked fine this time around so I could avoid his projectiles. Might have been a bug yesterday. In the end this mission took me like 8 hours. ?

Anyway, thanks for the tips.

It’s been a year since I played this but if I remember correctly it should be easier from now on until the final mission.

25 minutes ago, Dark_Overlord said:

Congrats :)

The part with the 2 scorpions is bullshit on Heroic xD

Yeah. Hardest fight in the game for sure. Luckily the final mission is very short and it takes like 5-10 minutes to get there? Not 1 hour like the Atlas fight.

Pfff.. Did I just hit a game breaking bug on the final boss? I’m currently fighting him, in fact he’s almost dead but I can’t shoot any weapons anymore. What the hell is going on?

Edit: Yeah had to restart. ?

Edit 2: Alright done. ?

Edited by Baker

• 1 month later...