Trophy thoughts!

nrs1nrs1

I've been following this game forever, I'm excited it's finally coming out! The list looks fun enough (looks like a list that promotes fully exploring the game, along with the story-related ones), really excited to play this with my partner. If there's selectable difficulty, the "finish the game with 3 K.O.s or less" will be a lot more managable.

Edited by nrs1nrs1
  • Like 1

Just now, MojoNJojo said:

Interview with the developer:

Now, I might not be an expert in game design, but finishing the game with less than 3 KOs doesn't seem to adhere to his own philosophy. I don't mind difficult games - Furi's platinum is among my favorites after all - but I do prefer it when games that are supposed to be easy also have easy trophies. Otherwise I feel like the trophies don't enhance the experience but hinder it instead.

that's fair! I'm generally of the mind that trophies are supposed to make you play the game in different ways than you ordinarily might. This trophy could be either something like a pacifist run or a sub 3 deaths run. A pacifist run would make more sense considering the game's themes, but playing cautiously and not letting your partner get K.O'd also (kinda) fits with the companionship theme. For me it'll add replayability, since I'm not looking to play super carefully or with trophies in mind the first time through. 

• Like 2

On 1.12.2020 at 10:06 AM, GonzoWARgasm said:

Never heard of this game. 

The trophy images are gorgeous though.

It's not just the trophy pictures that are beautiful. The whole game is amazing. At first I thought it was very boring because the gameplay is very monotonous, but the deep story is what defines the game. The relationships between the characters make the game what it is. Accompanied by one of the best video game soundtacks, I had a lot of fun. Sometimes you have to give games a chance and I definitely don't regret it.

• Like 4

On 12/4/2020 at 2:12 AM, Hinsusta said:

It's not just the trophy pictures that are beautiful. The whole game is amazing. At first I thought it was very boring because the gameplay is very monotonous, but the deep story is what defines the game. The relationships between the characters make the game what it is. Accompanied by one of the best video game soundtacks, I had a lot of fun. Sometimes you have to give games a chance and I definitely don't regret it.

You're the only Platinum so far. How was it? Any tedious ones?

• 11 months later...
On 01/12/2020 at 8:53 AM, MojoNJojo said:

Interview with the developer:

Now, I might not be an expert in game design, but finishing the game with less than 3 KOs doesn't seem to adhere to his own philosophy. I don't mind difficult games - Furi's platinum is among my favorites after all - but I do prefer it when games that are supposed to be easy also have easy trophies. Otherwise I feel like the trophies don't enhance the experience but hinder it instead.

Heh. I think you're giving trophy hunting's experience & ideals too much credit. Genuine relaxation in gaming means not doing trophy hunting at all.