Banned: The Story of How I Got Permanently Banned From EA Games

BhekifaZ

It was the night of November 4th, 2020.

A bright eyed young lad by the name of BhekifaZ bought NHL 21 and was very excited to play with his dear friend. He and his friend decide to play some EASHL and he gets prompted to select a name for his player. Little did the bright eyed lad know that this would be a decision that would have lasting ramifications....

Deciding to make light of the ongoing election in the USA, our brave protagonist BhekifaZ thought it would be a good idea to make his name "Joe Biden Smells Kids". A name that was thought of because of the abundance of videos that were being posted at the time of Joe Biden appearing to smell children.

Everything was going great for BhekifaZ until the fateful night of November 19th, when he received the message that would change his life forever. His account had been banned without. "Surely this is some sort of mistake" thought BhekifaZ. He thought that because he has had the account for years and has never had any sort of sanction against it that he would receive some sort of warning or suspension beforehand. But the young lad was mistaken.

After pleading with EA though their help section he finally received word of what this ban worthy offence was. The name "Joe Biden Smells Kids" goes against the Child Sexual Abuse Material and Child Sexual Exploitation and Abuse portion of their wonderful user agreement. BhekifaZ couldn't help but laugh to himself over the absurdity of the situation.

Our protagonist had become the antagonist. The reprehensible act committed by the once promising young lad was enough to get on the radar of the Legion of Doom and he was promptly recruited by Lex Luthor himself. BhekifaZ decided to join the Legion of Doom because he thought Lex Luthor was actually legendary professional wrestler Lex Luger.

something something something ending of the story blah blah blah

TL;DR

I got banned for child sexual abuse material and for child sexual exploitation because my name in a mode I played 3 times was "Joe Biden Smells Kids"

fuck EA

• Like 1

Just now, DrBloodmoney said:

You wanted a reaction, and you got one.

Mission accomplished, I guess? 
?‍♂️

I didn't want a reaction. I wanted a name so I could play the game and just so happened to choose one that was timely and that I thought was innocuous.

Just now, BhekifaZ said:

I didn't want a reaction. I wanted a name so I could play the game and just so happened to choose one that was timely and that I thought was innocuous.

oh, come on.

If you really thought that name was innocuous, and didn’t imagine how it might be misinterpreted, then you are right up there with those people at Experts Exchange who didn’t figure the website address ‘expertsexchange..com’ could be a problem.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DrBloodmoney said:

oh, come on.

If you really thought that name was innocuous, and didn’t imagine how it might be misinterpreted, then you are right up there with those people at Experts Exchange who didn’t figure the website address ‘expertsexchange..com’ could be a problem.

In a game that is notorious for being populated by white teenagers who make their characters black and bypass the censors to make racist names, then send you homophobic messages after you play them, I can assure you that my name was about as innocuous as you're going to get in EASHL.

And yes I don't see how my name could be interpreted as Child Sexual Exploitation.

2 minutes ago, BhekifaZ said:

In a game that is notorious for being populated by white teenagers who make their characters black and bypass the censors to make racist names, then send you homophobic messages after you play them, I can assure you that my name was about as innocuous as you're going to get in EASHL.

And yes I don't see how my name could be interpreted as Child Sexual Exploitation.

Oh well.

sounds like a community not worth being associated with anyways. 

For info - there are numerous completely ridiculous Q-Anon conspiracy garbage stories that allege - baselessly and vindictively - that there are pedophile rings being run by the upper echelon of the American Democratic Party.

The username you chose can easily be read as endorsing this ultra-right wing stance, furthering it,  and thereby making light of child sex trafficking and pedophillia.

for the record - I think you just chose a whimsical and topical username, and inadvertently wandered into a minefield, but that’s how it can be interpreted as violating the policy on Child Sexual Exploitation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Oh well.

sounds like a community not worth being associated with anyways. 

For info - there are numerous completely ridiculous Q-Anon conspiracy garbage stories that allege - baselessly and vindictively - that there are pedophile rings being run by the upper echelon of the American Democratic Party.

The username you chose can easily be read as endorsing this ultra-right wing stance, furthering it,  and thereby making light of child sex trafficking and pedophillia.

for the record - I think you just chose a whimsical and topical username, and inadvertently wandered into a minefield, but that’s how it can be interpreted as violating the policy on Child Sexual Exploitation.

Yeah now that you mention that Q-Anon bullshit I can see how someone could potentially view it as that. However as I mentioned in my post there were quite a few videos being posted online of Joe Biden literally smelling the heads of kids so I just chose the name since the election was going on at the time.

• Like 2

So basically what you are saying is: EA is not like Reddit. Mind, blown. :P

In an ideal world this should not have mattered. In the actual world though, you're better off dealing with these big companies like you would deal with a policeman: never expect them to have a sense of humour.

Edited by pinkrobot_pb
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, BhekifaZ said:

TL;DR

I got banned for child sexual abuse material and for child sexual exploitation because my name in a mode I played 3 times was "Joe Biden Smells Kids"

fuck EA

You must be new, so I genuinely welcome you to gaming in the 21st century.

Rule #1: Companies typically apply their rules in one direction.