Recommended JRPG's

BucketsAndBombs

Hey guys! Looking for some suggestions so if someone could help me out, that'd be great.

I've never really played any JRPG's on PS4 and would like some recommendations on a 15-30 hour JRPG that is easily platinum-able. I simply do not have the time to invest in an incredibly long story (even though those are often the most detailed) and find myself getting frustrated more and more with difficult games as I start to get older. I am looking for a casual experience late at night where I can kind of just breeze through the game. If anyone has game recommendations or some suggestions it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks! :)

Not sure there are platinable jrpgs in 15-30 hours

try games inspired by jrps, these are usually shorter than jrpgs

- The South Park games (Stick of Truth and The Fractured But Whole), Child of Light and Cosmic Star Heroine (never played this, but I heard it’s inpired by jrpgs, and it’s short)

Edited by TalalHmd

Bug Fables is a paper marioesque game that is pretty casual on normal difficulty.  If you want all trophies, you need to play on hard which is moderately challenging.  It s about 30 hours.

A game that I rarely see mentionned is The Tenth Line which is very similar to Child of Light.  I remember really appreciating the absence of grinding combined with a decent challenge.

I am Setsuna is an acceptable old school rpg that can be finished pretty quickly and that doesn t ask too much from the player.  It s very linear until the end and there is no need to grind to complete the game.

If you like a different type of rpg, Valkyria Chronicles Remastered was a lot of fun to me with the placement of troops.  It wasn t that long to complete but you need to pay attention when you play.

I second Cosmic Star Heroine as a Sci-fi Chrono Trigger that can be done in less than 10 fun hours.  Citizen of Earth and its sequel Citizen of Space are also bite-sized RPG.  
The South Park games are great if you are fan of the show and are really competent and on the short side.

I had a lot of fun with Lunar back in the days and it s really classic, no grinding, no tacked-on content to artificially make the games longer.  Great choice if it s available.

If you can stretch to 50 hours, you could try Fairy Tail, this is a turn based JRPG, but it's super easy to complete and quite relaxing. For the 15-30 hrs mark, I would say the old snes classic Secret of Mana, very good game and an easy plat to do. Ni No Kuni is short, very easy game to do and a must play for the story, but that may take you pass the 30 hr mark.

Chrono Trigger sounds like the perfect game for you, but that's not really on PS4 so that's a bummer.

Maybe try Disgaea 1 Complete, that should take around 30 to finish story mode.

Platinum idk how long, but it's not as bad as the other games

Edited by DesmaBR

Unfortunately your time constraints are so short, as I would highly recommend Pier Solar and the Great Architects. Definitely not an easy plat tho, so if that's the way you want to go I agree with others that Bug Fables sounds like it might be a good fit for you! Although going for the plat is a fair challenge since you have to finish it on hard. If you ever played Super Mario RPG or the Paper Mario series more so, it feels very similar to that.